Options

If you hated the LOST ending..........

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I came to the conclusion some time ago that they weren't going to provide an explanation for everything, so I was just enjoying it for what it was. At the end of the day, it's easier to create a bit of mystery than it is to come up with a great explanation for it. That's not just true of Lost, there are countless films which work on this premise - the first half lures you in with a bit of mystery and the second half is a complete letdown when the explanation is finally offered (e.g. Knowing, Flightplan and other undeniably rubbish films).

With Lost, it was obvious that the idea was to just exploit this technique and to put off the need for answers for as long as possible. In the end they probably came up with a better attempt at an explanation than I thought they would, but it still fell far short of answering everything (no surprises there since there were never any answers in the first place).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not wasted no, but having said that if i had known what the ending was going to be i would have turned off along time ago,

what a load of old ******* :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for that article. Confirms a few bits I already suspected! Going to pass the link onto a couple of my friends who just don't get half of it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have you guys seen this, really made me laugh

colin 72 of the fusalage and his comical recap of The End

Well, I shouldn’t be here. I loved this episode!

Just kidding suckers. Let’s beat this dead horse.

Mercifully, for the last time...

Let’s recap!

Let's start off with Lindelof and Cuse’s big gimmicky twist that would make M. Night Shyamalan blush. Everyone in the Flash Sideways is in some vague purgatory waiting to realize they’re dead, or waiting for Jack to realize he’s dead, or helping others to realize they’re dead, or some vague dead BS. After flashing back and flashing forward, Lindelof and Cuse decide to flash all the way to dead. It’s cheesy. It’s a cop out. It’s lame. This twist combined with their inability to address many of the questions and plot lines they raised makes Lost a unique failure in TV history.

Sometimes the dead person remembers important people who were in their life, like their father, sometimes they make up people that never existed like a son, and sometimes they forget the people who were important to them… like everyone on the island. Did you seriously expect there to be some kind of coherent rules at this point?

Desmond is still flittering around purgatory helping everyone remember the island and realize that they’re dead… sometimes by setting up elaborate scenarios and sometimes by blunt force trauma. Part grim reaper, part Cupid, part Hulk Hogan = all stupid.

Charlie looks like he’s a skinhead going to a Goths only Halloween party.

Hurley says to Charlie, “What if I told you playing this concert is the most important thing you’ll ever do”. So apparently Charlie has been gothing it up for awhile and couldn’t move on for some reason until now… which just so happens to also be Jack’s time to move on. So you only exist in purgatory and move on once? So Jin and Sun are once again moving on without their kid? I want to kick Jin and Sun’s Lindelofs and Cuses until they can’t speak English.

Charlie is shot with a dart that knocks him out cold in .3 seconds.

Jack took the job because he says the island is “the only thing in my life that I haven’t managed to ruin.” Really? You believe you made the wrong choice in detonating the nuke, you killed Juliet, you wish you could tell John Locke that he was right about everything, and you had a hissy fit and smashed the magic lighthouse mirrors. You suck Jack.

Sawyer has somehow figured out that Locke needs Desmond to destroy the island. He does some fancy recon by crouching behind a bush 20 feet from Locke. Sawyer is caught by Bad Ben. Sawyer escapes by smacking Bad Ben, because everyone smacks Ben, and Locke lets Sawyer walk away and doesn’t kill him because he doesn’t.

Bernard and Rose have been living in Gilligan and Skipper’s hut. Bernard goes to the same hairdresser as Claire. His grooming habits have really gone down the drain but Rose is still sassy just as the law-of-portraying-an-African-American-woman on TV states she must be.

Desmond has a hunch that Locke wants to take him to a place with a bright light because the characters in the finale are really good at guessing the plot. All of their IQs have been dialed up to 80.

Locke tells Desmond that if he doesn’t do what he wants, he’s going to kill Mr. Howe and Lovey. Desmond makes the Smoke Monster pinky swear that he won’t hurt Scruffy and Sassy if he helps destroy the island… which would kill everyone. Bad deal Brotha. Bad deal.

So Locke is taking Desmond to the magic light cave that he previously couldn’t find but now can find.

Miles finds Richard who has been knocked unconscious for what must be 12 hours.

The world’s worst parents are still at the hospital and can’t speak English. Juliet cameo! What a surprise. Sonogram island flashback! Jin remembers the baby he never met, barely loved, and abandoned. We get another dramatic montage. Jin and Sun are all smiles, can speak English, and seem absolutely thrilled to be dead.

Sawyer meets up with Jack, Hurley, and Kate. Jack says that everyone is meeting up at the magic light cave. Sawyer asks, “Then what?” Jack replies, “Then it ends” and loud music from a John Wayne western is heard. Michael Giacchino must be paid per decibel.

Miles somehow notices Richard has a grey hair but doesn’t say a word about the eyeliner.

Lapidus is alive and has been floating around minutes offshore for over a day.

The whole gang bumps into each other on the way to the magic light cave. Jack tells Locke that he’s going to kill him. So much for the element of surprise. Locke says, “How do you plan to do that? Jack says, “That’s a surprise.” Oh, my bad. It is going to be a surprise. Well, Smoke Monsters love surprises because Locke is perfectly fine with all this and doesn’t even ask Jack to whisper the surprise in his ear.

Jack was married to Juliet for some reason in the Neighborhood of Make Believe. I don’t care. I really, really don’t care.

Sawyer asks Jack what his plan is. Jack doesn’t really have one but for some reason thinks Desmond is a weapon. Jack is a great leader. And by great I don’t mean great.

Jack, Locke, and Desmond go into the magic cave where the light isn’t as bright as it is outside.

Hurley and Boone have made some elaborate plan to get Sayid and Shannon together and we get another island flashback. It’s tough work in purgatory where you have to get a certain number of people together and help them realize they’re dead in order to help someone else realize they’re dead.

Claire is still crazy and wearing that dead badger on her head.

Someone tell Daniel that hat doesn’t make him look cool. And make him stop talking in hushed halting tones like he’s Keanu Reeves or something. Mercifully we don’t have to hear much of the Driveshaft concert.

Claire goes into labor as Desmond looks on with the smarmy self-satisfied grin often seen from pompous TV show creators.

Desmond is lowered into the cave by Jack and Locke. Jack somehow believes Desmond is going to become a weapon against Locke. Locke somehow believes Desmond is going to sink the island. They each came up with these theories the same way Lindelof and Cuse came up with this plot. They pulled it out of their magic caves.

There are skeletons in the cave of people who didn’t turn into Smoke Monsters and weren’t spit out of the cave.

The island starts shaking and going all sorts of crazy. Everything seems to indicate that Locke was right and Jack was wrong, but that doesn’t stop Jack from impulsively tackling the Smoke Monster and punching him in his Smokey mouth. Locke bleeds which of course means that somehow his Smokey powers are gone. Luckily the Smoke Monster-magic light thing doesn’t have to make sense now because it didn’t make sense before. Keep things vague and unexplainable and you don’t have to explain anything. Locke smacks Jack with a rock but leaves without killing him so that Jack can wake up in a few minutes and come after him.

Claire is going into labor but there are no doctors at the fancy museum benefit to deliver her bay-bee. I guess Kate will have to do it. Great.

Eloise somehow knows everything about everything in the real world and in purgatory. But sorry, no more screen time for your story grandma.

Claire craps out one of those cute non-bloody TV babies and we get more of the dramatic flashback crap that will make the audience feel sad and distract them from the countless mysteries the show introduced and dropped. Bah. What mysteries? This is a show about characters. Bah. What plot holes? Who is Walt? Bah. Best finale evah! Bah.

Back on the island the cameraman is shaking the camera around really hard which let’s us know that all hell is breaking loose.

Ben who may be good or bad now is trapped under a tree. Miles, Lapidus, and Richard are still determined to fly the plane and are welding something to the windshield with a propane torch they bought at the hardware store.

Locke is at some cliffs where he has a boat. Instead of hurrying to the boat, he’s standing around at the ladder waiting for Jack to catch up with him like any good cartoon villain would. Jack yells his name and instead of climbing down the ladder before Jack gets to him, Locke runs at Jack and Jack obligingly runs at Locke. Jack does a slo-mo jump which somehow must temporarily stun Locke because he doesn’t use his knife to stab Jack. Jack smacks Locke and surprisingly his knife goes flying out of this hand.

Now some stuff happens that I’ve never seen before. The knife is loose and they wrestle around trying to get it. The knife is just out of Locke’s reach! The tension builds! Now Locke has the knife. He politely stabs Jack once in the side and pushes him to the ground. Locke brings his arm way back as if to say “Here it comes, I’m going to stab you” but luckily Jack catches Locke’s wrist right before the blade goes into his neck. The blade is right at Jack’s neck! Despite being above him and having all of his weight to push with, Locke can’t quite push the blade down. Locke takes a moment to taunt Jack and say, “I want you to know Jack. You died for nothing.” Just then, Kate pops up, shoots Locke, and delvers the line, “I saved you a bullet”. Jack kicks Locke over the cliff. Goodbye unnamed evil guy with ambiguous super powers acquired in an unknown way. I feel like we hardly knew ye. Mainly because we didn’t.

Meanwhile back in the Dead Zone, Locke wiggles his toes, has his poignant island flashback and realizes that he’s dead.

Jin and Sun meet up with Sawyer at the hospital and are still smiling all goofy and speaking English. Shut up you two.

Miles worked for a contractor renovating apartments for a couple summers so he knows how to fix the hydraulics in the nose of an airplane… with duct tape.

Kate asks why the cameraman is still shaking the camera now that Locke is dead. Jack somehow has figured out that Desmond turned off something in the cave and somehow has figured out that he can turn it back on. Jack could go with everyone on the plane but he can’t because he says he can’t. Kate and Sawyer could help Jack re-butt plug the island but they decide to leave despite being told previously that everyone in the world would die if ***mod edit and the light went out. Ben, who is no longer trapped under a tree somehow, and is now Good Ben, has been welcomed back into the moron posse but says he’s going down with the island. Hurley can carry a man out of a sinking sub to save his life but he’s not going to jump off a cliff into the water to save his life. Dude?

Jack and Kate exchange I love yous completely out of the blue… although Jack was married to Juliet in puratory for some reason. Who knows. Whatever. It’s almost over.

Sawyer runs into Juliet in the Land of Misfit Toys and makes me long for the days we watched her dying for an hour and a half.

Sawyer doesn’t ask her what the hell she meant by “It worked” but they have their romantic flashes and Juliet spits out the line about getting coffee sometime. They embrace, Sawyer works in some “I got yas”, Juliet says, “Kiss me James”, and he complies after delivering the line “You got it Blondie”. I throw up, urinate, crap myself, and lose control of all of my bodily functions. Sorry, I’m allergic to cheesy dialogue callbacks. Don’t judge me.

Kate and Jack meet up in purgatory. Kate touches him, he has an island flashback, and although he’s grown tremendously as a character, is still too stubborn to realize what’s going on.

Back on the island, Jack is going into the cave and is bestowing his magical mojo to Hurley. Jack doesn’t know the magic spell mumbo jumbo and the river is dried up but Hurley drinks water from a magic mud puddle and shazam! Hurley is the new Jacob.

Jack goes into the cave and tells Desmond to leave despite the fact that Desmond is the only one who can survive the light. Logic and reason be damned! Jack is going to do this himself.

The un-flyable plane is now flyable thanks to some magic duct tape and just has enough runway to take off.

Jack somehow manages to survive the magic light, doesn’t turn into a Smoke Monster, and ***mod edit After all, Lost is about the characters not about silly things like rules, plot consistency, or story logic. Bah. Jack lays on the ground and laugh-cries. A new twist on the old sissy-face man cry.

If only someone special or magical knew that the way to cause the Smoke Monster to lose his power was to pull the plug on the magic drain and then quickly re-plug it, Desmond could have done that long ago.

Hurley and Good Ben have a good chat. Dude asks Ben, “What the hell am I supposed to do?” Ben tells Dude to do what he does best. Say dude a lot and eat stuff? No, “take care of people”. What people? Hurley asks if Ben will help him. Great idea Dude. What are the chances that Ben will turn bad and screw you over at some point? Hopefully the magic fairies keep dropping those Dharma supplies from their magic fairy spaceships.

Hurley has a heart to heart with Ben in purgatory. Hurley tells Ben he was a great number two. Lost is a great number two. A great big smelly number two.

Jack arrives at the funeral home where everyone else has gathered. He touches his Dad’s coffin and has more island flashbacks. Jack opens the coffin and there is no body. And then it happens… you were force fed one cheesy scene after another for over two hours… here comes a 10 minute enema.

Dear old drunken Dad is actually in the room behind Jack… and he’s dead… and Jack’s dead… and everyone is dead. Lost is dead.

Back on the island, Jack has somehow survived the light cave and somehow has been magically transported out of the cave. As he stumbles through the jungle, everyone in purgatory hugs and sad music plays.

Christian heavy handedly opens a door and a light shines through. On the island, Jack lies down. Vincent lies down beside him and we get a close up of Jack’s eye as it closes. Vincent perks up a bit. He’s hungry. Very, very, hungry.

Horrible.

Last week on the forum someone compared Lost to a bad relationship and I said…

After Sunday I’m breaking things off. I’m going over to her apartment, getting back my CDs and sweatshirt and calling her a dirty ****.

Well… Lost, you are a dirty ****. You lied to me, faked it, and probably gave me an STD.

You've turned into some kind of stalker though. You got all your CDs back and think she's a ****- but you still can't let go.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a typical knee-jerk reaction from somebody who wanted the writers to write the obviously so superior ending in his head.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, I shouldn’t be here. I loved this episode!

Just kidding suckers. Let’s beat this dead horse.

Mercifully, for the last time...

Let’s recap!

Let's start off with Lindelof and Cuse’s big gimmicky twist that would make M. Night Shyamalan blush. Everyone in the Flash Sideways is in some vague purgatory waiting to realize they’re dead, or waiting for Jack to realize he’s dead, or helping others to realize they’re dead, or some vague dead BS. After flashing back and flashing forward, Lindelof and Cuse decide to flash all the way to dead. It’s cheesy. It’s a cop out. It’s lame. This twist combined with their inability to address many of the questions and plot lines they raised makes Lost a unique failure in TV history.

Sometimes the dead person remembers important people who were in their life, like their father, sometimes they make up people that never existed like a son, and sometimes they forget the people who were important to them… like everyone on the island. Did you seriously expect there to be some kind of coherent rules at this point?

Desmond is still flittering around purgatory helping everyone remember the island and realize that they’re dead… sometimes by setting up elaborate scenarios and sometimes by blunt force trauma. Part grim reaper, part Cupid, part Hulk Hogan = all stupid.

Charlie looks like he’s a skinhead going to a Goths only Halloween party.

Hurley says to Charlie, “What if I told you playing this concert is the most important thing you’ll ever do”. So apparently Charlie has been gothing it up for awhile and couldn’t move on for some reason until now… which just so happens to also be Jack’s time to move on. So you only exist in purgatory and move on once? So Jin and Sun are once again moving on without their kid? I want to kick Jin and Sun’s Lindelofs and Cuses until they can’t speak English.

Charlie is shot with a dart that knocks him out cold in .3 seconds.

Jack took the job because he says the island is “the only thing in my life that I haven’t managed to ruin.” Really? You believe you made the wrong choice in detonating the nuke, you killed Juliet, you wish you could tell John Locke that he was right about everything, and you had a hissy fit and smashed the magic lighthouse mirrors. You suck Jack.

Sawyer has somehow figured out that Locke needs Desmond to destroy the island. He does some fancy recon by crouching behind a bush 20 feet from Locke. Sawyer is caught by Bad Ben. Sawyer escapes by smacking Bad Ben, because everyone smacks Ben, and Locke lets Sawyer walk away and doesn’t kill him because he doesn’t.

Bernard and Rose have been living in Gilligan and Skipper’s hut. Bernard goes to the same hairdresser as Claire. His grooming habits have really gone down the drain but Rose is still sassy just as the law-of-portraying-an-African-American-woman on TV states she must be.

Desmond has a hunch that Locke wants to take him to a place with a bright light because the characters in the finale are really good at guessing the plot. All of their IQs have been dialed up to 80.

Locke tells Desmond that if he doesn’t do what he wants, he’s going to kill Mr. Howe and Lovey. Desmond makes the Smoke Monster pinky swear that he won’t hurt Scruffy and Sassy if he helps destroy the island… which would kill everyone. Bad deal Brotha. Bad deal.

So Locke is taking Desmond to the magic light cave that he previously couldn’t find but now can find.

Miles finds Richard who has been knocked unconscious for what must be 12 hours.

The world’s worst parents are still at the hospital and can’t speak English. Juliet cameo! What a surprise. Sonogram island flashback! Jin remembers the baby he never met, barely loved, and abandoned. We get another dramatic montage. Jin and Sun are all smiles, can speak English, and seem absolutely thrilled to be dead.

Sawyer meets up with Jack, Hurley, and Kate. Jack says that everyone is meeting up at the magic light cave. Sawyer asks, “Then what?” Jack replies, “Then it ends” and loud music from a John Wayne western is heard. Michael Giacchino must be paid per decibel.

Miles somehow notices Richard has a grey hair but doesn’t say a word about the eyeliner.

Lapidus is alive and has been floating around minutes offshore for over a day.

The whole gang bumps into each other on the way to the magic light cave. Jack tells Locke that he’s going to kill him. So much for the element of surprise. Locke says, “How do you plan to do that? Jack says, “That’s a surprise.” Oh, my bad. It is going to be a surprise. Well, Smoke Monsters love surprises because Locke is perfectly fine with all this and doesn’t even ask Jack to whisper the surprise in his ear.

Jack was married to Juliet for some reason in the Neighborhood of Make Believe. I don’t care. I really, really don’t care.

Sawyer asks Jack what his plan is. Jack doesn’t really have one but for some reason thinks Desmond is a weapon. Jack is a great leader. And by great I don’t mean great.

Jack, Locke, and Desmond go into the magic cave where the light isn’t as bright as it is outside.

Hurley and Boone have made some elaborate plan to get Sayid and Shannon together and we get another island flashback. It’s tough work in purgatory where you have to get a certain number of people together and help them realize they’re dead in order to help someone else realize they’re dead.

Claire is still crazy and wearing that dead badger on her head.

Someone tell Daniel that hat doesn’t make him look cool. And make him stop talking in hushed halting tones like he’s Keanu Reeves or something. Mercifully we don’t have to hear much of the Driveshaft concert.

Claire goes into labor as Desmond looks on with the smarmy self-satisfied grin often seen from pompous TV show creators.

Desmond is lowered into the cave by Jack and Locke. Jack somehow believes Desmond is going to become a weapon against Locke. Locke somehow believes Desmond is going to sink the island. They each came up with these theories the same way Lindelof and Cuse came up with this plot. They pulled it out of their magic caves.

There are skeletons in the cave of people who didn’t turn into Smoke Monsters and weren’t spit out of the cave.

The island starts shaking and going all sorts of crazy. Everything seems to indicate that Locke was right and Jack was wrong, but that doesn’t stop Jack from impulsively tackling the Smoke Monster and punching him in his Smokey mouth. Locke bleeds which of course means that somehow his Smokey powers are gone. Luckily the Smoke Monster-magic light thing doesn’t have to make sense now because it didn’t make sense before. Keep things vague and unexplainable and you don’t have to explain anything. Locke smacks Jack with a rock but leaves without killing him so that Jack can wake up in a few minutes and come after him.

Claire is going into labor but there are no doctors at the fancy museum benefit to deliver her bay-bee. I guess Kate will have to do it. Great.

Eloise somehow knows everything about everything in the real world and in purgatory. But sorry, no more screen time for your story grandma.

Claire craps out one of those cute non-bloody TV babies and we get more of the dramatic flashback crap that will make the audience feel sad and distract them from the countless mysteries the show introduced and dropped. Bah. What mysteries? This is a show about characters. Bah. What plot holes? Who is Walt? Bah. Best finale evah! Bah.

Back on the island the cameraman is shaking the camera around really hard which let’s us know that all hell is breaking loose.

Ben who may be good or bad now is trapped under a tree. Miles, Lapidus, and Richard are still determined to fly the plane and are welding something to the windshield with a propane torch they bought at the hardware store.

Locke is at some cliffs where he has a boat. Instead of hurrying to the boat, he’s standing around at the ladder waiting for Jack to catch up with him like any good cartoon villain would. Jack yells his name and instead of climbing down the ladder before Jack gets to him, Locke runs at Jack and Jack obligingly runs at Locke. Jack does a slo-mo jump which somehow must temporarily stun Locke because he doesn’t use his knife to stab Jack. Jack smacks Locke and surprisingly his knife goes flying out of this hand.

Now some stuff happens that I’ve never seen before. The knife is loose and they wrestle around trying to get it. The knife is just out of Locke’s reach! The tension builds! Now Locke has the knife. He politely stabs Jack once in the side and pushes him to the ground. Locke brings his arm way back as if to say “Here it comes, I’m going to stab you” but luckily Jack catches Locke’s wrist right before the blade goes into his neck. The blade is right at Jack’s neck! Despite being above him and having all of his weight to push with, Locke can’t quite push the blade down. Locke takes a moment to taunt Jack and say, “I want you to know Jack. You died for nothing.” Just then, Kate pops up, shoots Locke, and delvers the line, “I saved you a bullet”. Jack kicks Locke over the cliff. Goodbye unnamed evil guy with ambiguous super powers acquired in an unknown way. I feel like we hardly knew ye. Mainly because we didn’t.

Meanwhile back in the Dead Zone, Locke wiggles his toes, has his poignant island flashback and realizes that he’s dead.

Jin and Sun meet up with Sawyer at the hospital and are still smiling all goofy and speaking English. Shut up you two.

Miles worked for a contractor renovating apartments for a couple summers so he knows how to fix the hydraulics in the nose of an airplane… with duct tape.

Kate asks why the cameraman is still shaking the camera now that Locke is dead. Jack somehow has figured out that Desmond turned off something in the cave and somehow has figured out that he can turn it back on. Jack could go with everyone on the plane but he can’t because he says he can’t. Kate and Sawyer could help Jack re-butt plug the island but they decide to leave despite being told previously that everyone in the world would die if ***mod edit and the light went out. Ben, who is no longer trapped under a tree somehow, and is now Good Ben, has been welcomed back into the moron posse but says he’s going down with the island. Hurley can carry a man out of a sinking sub to save his life but he’s not going to jump off a cliff into the water to save his life. Dude?

Jack and Kate exchange I love yous completely out of the blue… although Jack was married to Juliet in puratory for some reason. Who knows. Whatever. It’s almost over.

Sawyer runs into Juliet in the Land of Misfit Toys and makes me long for the days we watched her dying for an hour and a half.

Sawyer doesn’t ask her what the hell she meant by “It worked” but they have their romantic flashes and Juliet spits out the line about getting coffee sometime. They embrace, Sawyer works in some “I got yas”, Juliet says, “Kiss me James”, and he complies after delivering the line “You got it Blondie”. I throw up, urinate, crap myself, and lose control of all of my bodily functions. Sorry, I’m allergic to cheesy dialogue callbacks. Don’t judge me.

Kate and Jack meet up in purgatory. Kate touches him, he has an island flashback, and although he’s grown tremendously as a character, is still too stubborn to realize what’s going on.

Back on the island, Jack is going into the cave and is bestowing his magical mojo to Hurley. Jack doesn’t know the magic spell mumbo jumbo and the river is dried up but Hurley drinks water from a magic mud puddle and shazam! Hurley is the new Jacob.

Jack goes into the cave and tells Desmond to leave despite the fact that Desmond is the only one who can survive the light. Logic and reason be damned! Jack is going to do this himself.

The un-flyable plane is now flyable thanks to some magic duct tape and just has enough runway to take off.

Jack somehow manages to survive the magic light, doesn’t turn into a Smoke Monster, and ***mod edit After all, Lost is about the characters not about silly things like rules, plot consistency, or story logic. Bah. Jack lays on the ground and laugh-cries. A new twist on the old sissy-face man cry.

If only someone special or magical knew that the way to cause the Smoke Monster to lose his power was to pull the plug on the magic drain and then quickly re-plug it, Desmond could have done that long ago.

Hurley and Good Ben have a good chat. Dude asks Ben, “What the hell am I supposed to do?” Ben tells Dude to do what he does best. Say dude a lot and eat stuff? No, “take care of people”. What people? Hurley asks if Ben will help him. Great idea Dude. What are the chances that Ben will turn bad and screw you over at some point? Hopefully the magic fairies keep dropping those Dharma supplies from their magic fairy spaceships.

Hurley has a heart to heart with Ben in purgatory. Hurley tells Ben he was a great number two. Lost is a great number two. A great big smelly number two.

Jack arrives at the funeral home where everyone else has gathered. He touches his Dad’s coffin and has more island flashbacks. Jack opens the coffin and there is no body. And then it happens… you were force fed one cheesy scene after another for over two hours… here comes a 10 minute enema.

Dear old drunken Dad is actually in the room behind Jack… and he’s dead… and Jack’s dead… and everyone is dead. Lost is dead.

Back on the island, Jack has somehow survived the light cave and somehow has been magically transported out of the cave. As he stumbles through the jungle, everyone in purgatory hugs and sad music plays.

Christian heavy handedly opens a door and a light shines through. On the island, Jack lies down. Vincent lies down beside him and we get a close up of Jack’s eye as it closes. Vincent perks up a bit. He’s hungry. Very, very, hungry.

Horrible.

Last week on the forum someone compared Lost to a bad relationship and I said…

After Sunday I’m breaking things off. I’m going over to her apartment, getting back my CDs and sweatshirt and calling her a dirty ****.

Well… Lost, you are a dirty ****. You lied to me, faked it, and probably gave me an STD.

Very very funny :) Esp the Jin and Sun stuff ....
  • Options
    Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a typical knee-jerk reaction from somebody who wanted the writers to write the obviously so superior ending in his head.

actually as I understand it, he was a rather devoted fan, and passionate fan of lost but dissapointed about season 6 of lost

can't say I blame him

he has written similiar recaps of many of the episodes in season 6 and they are very funny, if the last season was not your thing:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    My initial thought upon seeing the finale was something along the lines of "Well that was terrible, but at least I have 5 fantastic seasons to rewatch!" But the more I thought about it, the less enthusiastic I got.
    The reasons I found the show so entertaining in the first place were the increasingly complex plot and sci-fi elements. Not Kate's Latest Conquest, who decides to burst into tears, cheesy and incredulous love plots and so forth. It was tuning each week to see a new aspect being applied to the mythology and saying "I can't wait to find out what that meant!"
    So if I do decide to rewatch it I know I simply won't be able to appreciate it for what it was, I'll be constantly making mental notes that X Y and Z were never explained, and it'll take away from the entertainment I got the first time round.
    I knew the producers had a mammoth task and that the whole thing would never be 100% wrapped up, and the moment I saw the flash sideways I filled with dread because I knew no matter how they resolved it I wouldn't be happy. The way I saw it, the timelines would merge and the plane never crashed but everyone regained their memories, which would negate the impact that all on-island deaths would have had (also throwing up paradoxes because certain things would have never happened had people not died), or the alternate timeline just dissolves when they realise the truth, which means half a season wasted. Both very unsatisfying, but I never thought going into season 6 that they would turn it into Grey's Anatomy on an Island, and that the ultimate answer to the characters' fates was "They all died at some point." Dropping the plot and focusing on the characters was a wasted endeavour as any emotional attachment I had to them was pretty much severed once I saw the flash sideways. I knew it had to be more significant than just "What if?", so if a character died I felt nothing as they would most likely be in the next scene, right as rain. And the fact that 90% of the emotion came from Michael Giacchino is pretty damning for the writers. If you have to rely on incidental music to tell the audience how to feel, you've done a bad job.
    I don't know if I'd class it as 6 years wasted viewing exactly. 5 brilliant years, but the majority of that was due to the anticipation of a payoff that never came. I'll try to purge season 6 from memory before rewatching!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actually as I understand it, he was a rather devoted fan, and passionate fan of lost but dissapointed about season 6 of lost

can't say I blame him

he has written similiar recaps of many of the episodes in season 6 and they are very funny, if the last season was not your thing:)

colin 72 is a genius. Very funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colin 72 is a genius. Very funny.

just head over to the fusalage and look at the didnt love it thread for episodes onwards and including lighthouse, and you will find one of his recaps among the pages:D
  • Options
    jessicatjessicat Posts: 202
    Forum Member

Thanks so much for posting that- absolutely hilarious.

Personally I wish I never had watched Lost at all after that finale. Ever since they brought time travel into it I started to suspect they wouldn't be able to really tie up all the mysteries in a way that I would find completely satisfying, but I had never anticipated quite how horrible I would find their resolution.

The "all about the characters" type line doesn't work very well for the hours and hours people like me spent doing the Lost Experience- which was all about the backstory of Dharma, the Hanso foundation and the Valenzetti equation and didn't have any of the characters in it. It was all the time spent ( in what turned out to be pointless) theorising about how the sci-fi mysteries were going to be resolved that I really resent more than the relatively mindless hours actually viewing the programme. I never expected or wanted a metaclorian level of explanation but I did expect for the time travel and multiple realities to have more pay off than just making the afterlife segments a more deceptive red herring.

I feel like I was really misled about what I was getting- like going to the cinema to watch something being billed as an awesome combo of Indiana Jones and Star wars and finding myself watching Ghost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jessicat wrote: »
    Thanks so much for posting that- absolutely hilarious.

Personally I wish I never had watched Lost at all after that finale. Ever since they brought time travel into it I started to suspect they wouldn't be able to really tie up all the mysteries in a way that I would find completely satisfying, but I had never anticipated quite how horrible I would find their resolution.

The "all about the characters" type line doesn't work very well for the hours and hours people like me spent doing the Lost Experience- which was all about the backstory of Dharma, the Hanso foundation and the Valenzetti equation and didn't have any of the characters in it. It was all the time spent ( in what turned out to be pointless) theorising about how the sci-fi mysteries were going to be resolved that I really resent more than the relatively mindless hours actually viewing the programme. I never expected or wanted a metaclorian level of explanation but I did expect for the time travel and multiple realities to have more pay off than just making the afterlife segments a more deceptive red herring.

I feel like I was really misled about what I was getting- like going to the cinema to watch something being billed as an awesome combo of Indiana Jones and Star wars and finding myself watching Ghost.

try the didnt love it thread jess, on the fusalage for each individual eps from lighthouse onwards and you will find a colins break down of each episode