Options

How much is my laptop worth?

I'm giving some thought to selling my laptop and going back to a desktop but only if I can get a decent price for it.

It is a Sony Vaio which was bought for £600 in early 2011. It has an Intel Core i5 processor with a clock speed of 2.6GHz, 4 GB 1066MHz DDR3-SDRAM, 15.5" screen with a resolution of 1366x768, Intel HD graphics, Bluetooth connectivity, HDMI output, built-in WiFi and ethernet, SD/Memory Stick PRO card slot and x3 USB ports. Average battery life is around 3 hours.

It currently has a 500GB SATA hard drive with a read speed of 5400RPM but I will be replacing it with a brand new 1TB drive. Cosmetic condition is reasonable to good barring a few minor scratches to the lid.

What would be a realistic asking price for it?

Comments

• Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Have a look on Ebay to see your specs/age asking prices.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    Have a look on Ebay to see your specs/age asking prices.

Thanks, I guess that should have been the first place I checked lol.

I see there's a very similar model going for £450 BIN. It doesn't state what age it is though.
  • Options
    robertcrowtherrobertcrowther Posts: 262
    Forum Member

I see there's a very similar model going for £450 BIN. It doesn't state what age it is though.

Sounds way too pricey, as you can get a new one for less.
  • Options
    DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say you'd get about £200-£250 for that laptop.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It currently has a 500GB SATA hard drive with a read speed of 5400RPM but I will be replacing it with a brand new 1TB drive. Cosmetic condition is reasonable to good barring a few minor scratches to the lid.

Just being nosy but why are you replacing the HDD if you are selling the laptop?
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you need to really be looking at completed listing.