Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    MoxeyMoxey Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talksport can always think of stooping lower just when you think they've reached rock bottom. The first half hour of Murray has just been devoted to someone's football gambling and whether he cashed out or not. Anyway the message is: you too will be richer and happier if you just stick with the gambling, folks. The sponsors will be happy but they might as well be promoting tobacco as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramage wrote: »
    Yes I'm afraid it's back to the banter (bullying) against the moose again.
    Do they really think it's funny.?
    Cork should stick to cricket, as he has made so many mistakes this morning, he has verbal diarrhoea.
    What is it with this station & cricketers?.

First of all, hi Ram, it's nice to see you, to see you nice:)

What is it with this station & cricketers? Good question. They seem to pick their cricket presenters from the School of Sucking Up. Cork can give a decent enough summing up of a match once it is over, but then so can I. His previews and predictions are rubbish, he ended up with so much egg all over his face during the last Ashes series in Australia I thought the station would never re-employ him. Perhaps other retired cricketers aren't interested in working for TS, who could blame them?
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,587
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    First of all, hi Ram, it's nice to see you, to see you nice:)

What is it with this station & cricketers? Good question. They seem to pick their cricket presenters from the School of Sucking Up. Cork can give a decent enough summing up of a match once it is over, but then so can I. His previews and predictions are rubbish, he ended up with so much egg all over his face during the last Ashes series in Australia I thought the station would never re-employ him. Perhaps other retired cricketers aren't interested in working for TS, who could blame them?

I think all the decent ex cricketers work for Sky and would give TS a wide berth.
    I never once heard Ronald Charles predict nothing but an England win, no matter what the match situation was. Blind faith is just not good enough from a so called "expert". That is what seven year old boys rely on when talking about football in the playground.
    BTW Cork is the one on TS that gets under my skin the most. Even more than Quinn and that is saying something!
  • Options
    IamnotananorakIamnotananorak Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I turn on talk sport just at the start of the breakfast show. I sing along to the theme tune.

When is Alan Brazil going to turn up.

Is Alan Brazil going to turn up.

and so on.

This morning the music got beyond the chorus onto the second verse almost to the chorus again.

I have a vision of one day the breakfast show being the theme music until the 1st commercial break and then back into it and so on.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    The beer won't have run out at last night's party after all as Brazil didn't make it in the end, how could he ever have gone and got himself back in the studio this morning?, can you see him on soft drinks all night when everybody is was getting wasted?.

Al's playing the good mate this morning and grassing everyone he can who got sloshed, he says Parry and Saggers made idiots of themselves, Parry especially on the dance floor who was seeing off rum & cokes all night, ... I'm sure they'll be happy to learn he's keeping everything in-house. :D

Abraham told Brazil this morning "Spurs are in the final" [in respect of them drawing Sheffield United in the Capital Cup semi final and missing Chelsea and Liverpool] this sort of attitude really irks me off. [well done Dim Dom for ticking him off over it] incidentally ex Spurs man Brazil kept quiet.

I'm not about to start backing Sheffield United no way but he's a national radio sports news reader/football journo and as such should maybe keep those types of opinions to himself in private.

Maybe Sheffield United costing his club £25 million over the Teves affair still rankles, maybe Sheffield United knocking his club out of the Capital Cup earlier in the rounds still hurts him badly whatever it's sheer disrespect to another club.

Someone on Twitter said Durham was seen trying to get off with himself on the dance floor.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Someone on Twitter said Durham was seen trying to get off with himself on the dance floor.

Must have been prancing around on the floor near a wall mirror and fell in love with himself mate. :D [probably after he'd requested Agadoo by Black Lace]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    I think all the decent ex cricketers work for Sky and would give TS a wide berth.
    I never once heard Ronald Charles predict nothing but an England win, no matter what the match situation was. Blind faith is just not good enough from a so called "expert". That is what seven year old boys rely on when talking about football in the playground.
    BTW Cork is the one on TS that gets under my skin the most. Even more than Quinn and that is saying something!

I think the crap cricketers also give the station a wide berth.:D:

Brazil is no better, he sits on the fence and just states the bleeding obvious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must have been prancing around on the floor near a wall mirror and fell in love with himself mate. :D [probably after he'd requested Agadoo by Black Lace]

Hope somebody from the station has one or two to many gets over exited and swings for him.
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not heard a lot of Talksport this week, hence why I've not been on much (started a new job:)) I did however fleet in and out today and heard a good interview with Gareth A Davies on H&J in regards to the death of Ernie Terrell, a former opponent of Muhammed Ali. I found it really interesting. It's not often you hear Ali being talked about in a negative light, but this was one of those times.

On that same note, is there anything more cringeworthy than hearing Goffeh talking about boxing.
  • Options
    RightHandPillarRightHandPillar Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    While I'm in my library of station clips here's what I consider the best one of the year by a mile, .... it's pure class and one thing talkSPORT should be proud of. [and my god I don't say this very often] :)

http://bit.ly/16va8Ze

Loved that :):):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved that :):):):)

It's quality isn't it, glad it made you laugh RightHand. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Abrahams End of Year Assessment 2014.

http://bit.ly/1GZiNOE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I have listened to probably the worst half hour of broadcasting in the history of radio
    Colin Murray had this Wealdstone Rapper character on and as far as I can work out he was one catchphrase and talks in a sort of Norman Wisdom voice but Murray built him up to be on a par with Robin Williams or Billy Connolloy.
    Think it was on after 11.30. It was total shite
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I think I have listened to probably the worst half hour of broadcasting in the history of radio
    Colin Murray had this Wealdstone Rapper character on and as far as I can work out he was one catchphrase and talks in a sort of Norman Wisdom voice but Murray built him up to be on a par with Robin Williams or Billy Connolloy.
    Think it was on after 11.30. It was total shite

Dreadful stuff although I thought he was more of a Pasquale soundalike though [and just as funny].

I agree that from all the build up you would have thought that a new comic genius had burst on the scene.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JT2060 wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff although I thought he was more of a Pasquale soundalike though [and just as funny].

I agree that from all the build up you would have thought that a new comic genius had burst on the scene.

That's the guy I was trying to think of!
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colin Murray had this Wealdstone Rapper character on and as far as I can work out he was one catchphrase

I posted this last week, Murray must have been reading the thread ! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I&app=desktop
  • Options
    CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so the working week is over for us humble folk once again. Hopefully like me some of you decent people will have a few days off from the coal face to sit back , relax and kick back with some beers and TalkSport on the wireless or internet or any other of the many ways to catch the nations' favourite commercial sports station: TalkSport.

I love the Xmas season and my favourite day is Xmas day when I can open a cold beer and eat a couple of cheese twists and also listen to the Festive shows on TalkSport.

In fact the whole Xmas week is great with loads of special shows and Xmas cheer and everyone is full of joy to mankind and Brazil is full of Xmas spirit too:p

However before all that festive fun its the last few fixtures of the Barclays Premier League and there is no bigger than the Tyne/Wear derby on Sunday and great for me it is live on TalkSport!

Newcastle v Sunderland , I can almost taste the passion from my van and I will be listening!

Keept it Talksport:)
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrote:
    Newcastle v Sunderland , I can almost taste the passion from my van and I will be listening!
    Keept it Talksport:)

well I just hope the polish beers have warn off, or its a one years ban & a £300 fine banged right up yer jacksie :o:p
  • Options
    CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I just hope the polish beers have warn off, or its a one years ban & a £300 fine banged right up yer jacksie :o:p

I love Alan Brazil and his Sport Breakfast is one of the best ways to get up in the maarning but I am sure he would not mind me reminding everyone that even the great drinkers of our generations sometimes make mistakes:blush:

Keep it TalkSport guys:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306MpG3YSyE
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hope Brazil never drives in the motherland as his blood alcohol level will never be low enough to be legal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alan Brazil and his Sport Breakfast is one of the best ways to get up in the maarning but I am sure he would not mind me reminding everyone that even the great drinkers of our generations sometimes make mistakes:blush:

Keep it TalkSport guys:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306MpG3YSyE

That disgraceful performance in the police station while under arrest was a disgrace on him, not only found out drinking over the limit and driving but denying it, then playing around pretending the breathalysing equipment wasn't working properly and trying to get himself off the charge telling the officer he's off the radio was shameful.

Luckily the police have heard it all before and none of it washed with them and another drunk driver was removed from our roads for a year, normally I wouldn't agree with things like this being filmed and later released to the public for viewing but after Brazil’s shocking behaviour in that police room it was justice done on him.

Like Bangla says he’d better keep out of Scotland he spills more beer down his face when drinking than they are now allowed to drink up there now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That disgraceful performance in the police station while under arrest was a disgrace on him, not only found out drinking over the limit and driving but denying it, then playing around pretending the breathalysing equipment wasn't working properly and trying to get himself off the charge telling the officer he's off the radio was shameful.

Luckily the police have heard it all before and none of it washed with them and another drunk driver was removed from our roads for a year, normally I wouldn't agree with things like this being filmed and later released to the public for viewing but after Brazil’s shocking behaviour in that police room it was justice done on him.

Like Bangla says he’d better keep out of Scotland he spills more beer down his face when drinking than they are now allowed to drink up there now.

Brazil will always maintain his innocence. Don't forget the police failed to take into account "he felt alright to drive":o
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How can one man be so purple. Seriously, if you tried telling anyone who didn't know that he used to be a decent professional sportsman they'd laugh at you..............or think he played Darts :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    How can one man be so purple. Seriously, if you tried telling anyone who didn't know that he used to be a decent professional sportsman they'd laugh at you..............or think he played Darts :D

Lots of Heavy drinkers have red faces, Boozio is off the scale with a purple head.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Lots of Heavy drinkers have red faces, Boozio is off the scale with a purple head.:D

When AB finally leaves this world they'll have to beat his liver down with sticks, he's put away enough booze in his life to float a cruise ship in it and if you laid down end to end the total pint glasses he must have emptied they'd reach from his weekday home in Canary Wharf London to the Gorbals tenement house in Glasgow where he was born.
This discussion has been closed.