The Good Wife Season 4 (US Pace)

LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The best show on network TV is back!

Marc Warren is a great addition to the cast. While is a virtual unknown in the US, he's perfect for the part. His character and Kalinda seem to have immediate chemistry.

Fantastic to see Kristin Chenoweth too but sadly she won't be able to do the multi-episode arc planned for her following her accident on set during the summer (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/kristin-chenoweth-drops-out-of-the-good-wife-role-after-head-injury-on-set/2012/08/13/eeebeba4-e585-11e1-936a-b801f1abab19_blog.html)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    The best show on network TV is back!

Marc Warren is a great addition to the cast. While is a virtual unknown in the US, he's perfect for the part. His character and Kalinda seem to have immediate chemistry.

Fantastic to see Kristin Chenoweth too but sadly she won't be able to do the multi-episode arc planned for her following her accident on set during the summer (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/kristin-chenoweth-drops-out-of-the-good-wife-role-after-head-injury-on-set/2012/08/13/eeebeba4-e585-11e1-936a-b801f1abab19_blog.html)

I thought it was a great opener!
    Do you think Zach will work with Eli in future?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the premiere. It's a bit soon for me to judge the whole Kalinda/husband storyline but it does seem interesting! Alicia's kids weren't annoying this episode! In fact I actually liked Zach! This is progress! I found it weird that Alicia didn't tell Peter about Zach's arrest straight away? Loved the Will/Diane scene! I love their relationship!
    Forum Member
    alicia probably didn't tell peter because she didn't want to encourage zach & grace to use his position. telling him meant he jumped in, as he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great opener. LostFool: you're right. It is the best show on network TV.

Kalinda's story is a bit disturbing really. Extreme domestic violence leading to sex. On network TV. Excellent stuff.

I love David Lee. He is used perfectly in this series. Every time he appears he is a delight. His sour face turning to smiles when he told the bosses he was staying out of loyalty at the end was great. The standout scene of his was his appearance at Will's hearing last season. Sneakily charming indeed.

I didn't really buy the partner's meeting where Nathan Lane appeared. Will and Diane would clearly know who the partners are and spot an interloper before he introduced himself. But a minor quibble.

I devour this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really liked this episode too!

One thing I'm not liking though is this Kalinda/Nick story. So far it's just not interesting me. I hope there is some big payoff with it, not that they fight and have sex for a few weeks and then he realises she doesn't love him anymore and leaves. That would be so rubbish. Maybe she'll kill him or accidentally kill him or he'll go completely insane and kidnap her? I don't know but I'm hoping it leads somewhere.

I loved Maddie (Maura Tierney). As an ER fan I just loved the little reunion with Julianna Margulies! I wonder if she has a hidden agenda or if she genuinely just wants to be friends. I would like it to be the latter, Alicia needs a new drinking buddy. Love Eli on the campaign trail, so much better than the Eli case of the week thing we had last season (although the cheese one was fun) The bankruptcy thing does feel quite deja vu but I'm still enjoying it. Loved Peter and Alicia on the campaign bus. I like Alicia with Peter and Will and on her own so I don't mind where that goes.

WE NEED MORE CARY! Seriously Matt Czuchry has had about 5 minutes screen time over both episodes!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterflyy wrote: »
    One thing I'm not liking though is this Kalinda/Nick story. So far it's just not interesting me. I hope there is some big payoff with it, not that they fight and have sex for a few weeks and then he realises she doesn't love him anymore and leaves. That would be so rubbish. Maybe she'll kill him or accidentally kill him or he'll go completely insane and kidnap her? I don't know but I'm hoping it leads somewhere.

Apparently the ice cream parlor scene took a lot of effort to get past network censors. Just as well they didn't have chocolate flake...

I also loved the Maura Tierney character. I wasn't the biggest ER fan but always liked her role in that. There is a lot of potential there.

The "case of the week" was a little predictable. Will plays a high risk game, almost loses and then saves it right at the end. We've seen that too many times before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the best episode this week. Christina Ricci is cute but I'm not sure she can do funny so not the best piece of casting from TGW crew,

The best part of the episode was the encounter between Carey and his father with a twist that I'm sure nobody saw coming.
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    The Kalinda SL is awful and does not fit in quite right with the overall story so far. Her ex hubby is some sort of nutcase a nd Kalinda wouldnt look twice at him.It will all end up with him dead and Kalinda geting blamed.

Also heard that a few characters from The Wire Wee Bay and Bodie appear in future epsiodes which Im really looking forward to.

Im not quite sure about Nathan Lane's character

But for me Alicia,Eli,Kerri and Kalinda are the Good Wife and one of the very best progs on the box ( after Homeland):)
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can they really not say "tits" on broadcast TV? Or was the thing with the car-horns / window just a dig at the FCC?
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kempshott wrote: »
    Can they really not say "tits" on broadcast TV? Or was the thing with the car-horns / window just a dig at the FCC?

Both. When it comes to the non-cable channels, the FCC has specific rules about what can be said and shown. Sometimes producers/writers have to run a particular scene or word(s) (that they would like to use) by the network lawyers to see if they can do it. It's very controlled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the Christina Ricci mistake, the casting folk at TGW are back on top form. Getting Stockard Channing to play the mother was inspired. Loved her flirting with David Lee.
    Forum Member
    Sundays episode was so good...not sure I like Amanda Peet tho!
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kalinda kicks butt!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sundays episode was so good...not sure I like Amanda Peet tho!

What? How could you not love Amanda Peet!

Loved the scenes about the internet search. "We shall never speak of this again."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully that is the last we see of Nick! What do you think Kalinda did? That whole storyline was awful and I've really gone off Kalinda now which is a shame.

This episode was OK. I loved last week's though with Stockard Channing, I hope she is a recurring grandmother like Jackie.

Speaking of Jackie, that's all a bit disturbing really. I agree LostFool, the reaction of Alicia and Zach was funny.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully that is the last we see of Nick! What do you think Kalinda did? That whole storyline was awful and I've really gone off Kalinda now which is a shame.

Yes the Nick story line was just nasty.

Hopefully Kalinda has 'dealt' with him with a certain finality.
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    What? How could you not love Amanda Peet!

Loved the scenes about the internet search. "We shall never speak of this again."

if the storyline is headin with her n will hookin up then im not happy with it. i just think she is the nail in the coffin for some shows!! bring bk studio 60 :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if the storyline is headin with her n will hookin up then im not happy with it. i just think she is the nail in the coffin for some shows!! bring bk studio 60 :(

OK, I get your point, Yes, that's the way the storyline is inevitably heading.

Of course Peet and Josh Charles (Sports Night) are both Sorkin alumni so them getting together in TGW would be fitting.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we've seen the last of him too, but unfortunately, decades of TV watching has taught me that if you don't actually see a character die on-screen, they're not dead, so I think there'll be at least one more confrontation this season...

And yes, that story arc definitely made me think less of the Kalinda character too...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Where does everybody watch season four cant find much on you tube
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated the Kalinda storyline. Judging by comments here and on other sites, it seems a lot of the fanbase hated it!
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonderful to have Michael J Fox back, and what a superb episode.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »

God his character is annoying. (in a good way). :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    "Boom De Yah Da"

As usual with the Good Wife its a superbly contrasted & written drama that underlines the consistency of the wholes team.

One of the very few programme that I look forward too watching & when its on top as it was with this episode there is nothing that can beat it.

On a side note does any body know who sung the cover of the song, Boom De Yah Da in this weeks episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »

TGW has always excelled at the quality of its guest stars but MJF is the best of the lot. He has been nominated for an Emmy for the last two years for his role here, I just hope it's 3rd time lucky.

Yes, a superb episode. I'm pleased we have moved on from the Nick-Kalinda interlude.