Options

Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delila100 wrote: »
    CAN YOU ALL STOP TALKING ABOUT HILARY. I DIDN'T SEE THAT EPISODE AND IT'S NOT ON IPLAYER AND QUITE FRANKLY, ITS ANNOYING THE CR*P OUT OF ME. Who is hilary? stop talking about her until i can actually see the freaking episode. Jeeez.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Yes, Loo Sign's can be confusing....Larry.:cool:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm sure that topic has been on Room 101 before when Merton was hosting it.
    He made a comment about a pub using Bucks & Does as the signs and if the disabled toilet had a picture of a deer with a broken antler :D
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Lock used to do a routine about it.

"Standing there trying to work out if I'm a buck or a hind... That's the last thing I need when I'm busting for a p*ss- a quiz"

Edit- found it! (NSFW)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1qjQ4hh_PE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if it's the same routine. Maybe it was on QI or Cats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Irish themed pub in my home town was on the front page of the local rag one week, as the 'story' was that people kept going through the wrong doors Fir (male) Mna (Female).
  • Options
    maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always disliked Frank Skinner intensely, he seems to have a lot of horrible issues and comes across as misogynistic BUT I caught him on That Sunday Show and after the way he challenged the tabloid reporter, I could almost like him. He was MARVELLOUS, he put Adrian Chiles to shame. Just a pity the interview was preceded by Des O Connor and Idiot Van Outen saying how little they cared about the Leveson enquiry. Van Outen was obviously horrified when the journo boasted that he once followed her from her home in London to Brighton chasing some pictures and a story.If it's on the itv player I recommend it, the tabloid guy even got some boos at the end.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always disliked Frank Skinner intensely, he seems to have a lot of horrible issues and comes across as misogynistic BUT I caught him on That Sunday Show and after the way he challenged the tabloid reporter, I could almost like him. He was MARVELLOUS, he put Adrian Chiles to shame. Just a pity the interview was preceded by Des O Connor and Idiot Van Outen saying how little they cared about the Leveson enquiry. Van Outen was obviously horrified when the journo boasted that he once followed her from her home in London to Brighton chasing some pictures and a story.If it's on the itv player I recommend it, the tabloid guy even got some boos at the end.

Regardless of whether you find him funny or not, Frank Skinner is actually a pretty intelligent guy.
    I agree, the way he challenged the journalist was very well done. Not many ‘comics’ could interview like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I found it interesting that he mentioned not commissioning a theme tune for the program but rehashing something else.

The theme tune for this series is currently being used on two adverts. A betting shop and a tool supplier.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Regardless of whether you find him funny or not, Frank Skinner is actually a pretty intelligent guy.
    I agree, the way he challenged the journalist was very well done. Not many ‘comics’ could interview like that.

Frank wasted his time at school but then knuckled down to achieve an MA in English at a time when they were real degrees.

I enjoyed room 101 again.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prescott did nothing to improve his reputation. After acting a fool for 30 minutes (much longer before the edit I'm guessing), he then puts the word "Lord" in room 101.

And he still thinks he is fit for public office...
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Prescott did nothing to improve his reputation. After acting a fool for 30 minutes (much longer before the edit I'm guessing), he then puts the word "Lord" in room 101.

And what a surprise....he doesn't like 'posh' School ties.:yawn:
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »

He was making a good point, not everything on this programme has to be played for laughs.
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say i agree with other peoples music its always dance techno music i find which is played too loudly on the bus in the morning. Also with celebrity chefs far too many cookery programmes on for my liking.;)
  • Options
    GravitasGravitas Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sick of political twonks like him popping up all over the place - him, Alistair Campbell and Jacqui Smith, in particular.

(Oh and Lembit O'Whataprick.)

Is she still appearing on LBC radio?
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gravitas wrote: »
    I'm sick of political twonks like him popping up all over the place - him, Alistair Campbell and Jacqui Smith, in particular.

(Oh and Lembit O'Whataprick.)

Is she still appearing on LBC radio?

I don't think so, she was rubbish. It was like a party political broadcast for the Labour party. A bit like James Max is a party political broadcast for the torys.

Sorry, wrong thread, but this just caught my eye.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought he did a good job
    Stansfield wrote: »
    :)
    bobcar wrote: »
    He was making a good point, not everything on this programme has to be played for laughs.
    and he knew that Frank, who is in his team, would agree with him.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Skinner's Room 101 returns for a 2nd series this Friday (4th Jan) on BBC1 at 8.30pm.

John Craven,Miranda Hart & Reggie Yates are the guests.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder that the 2nd series starts tonight at 8.30pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Extra Storage edition is on Monday night.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    eurgh. Reggie Yates.:mad:
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Miranda Hart - She's like Sarah Millican, but funny.
  • Options
    JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Miranda Hart - She's like Sarah Millican, but funny.

And she has taste.
    No fruit shall taint my main course. Ever!
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Ironically, I'd have Reggie Yates in room 101
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    Ironically, I'd have Reggie Yates in room 101

Along with Fern Cotton.

As for spitting.. I agree with John.. but I think he was wrong to use runners as an example. They're usually doing it because of a need to rather than bad manners.