Is it just me or was that referring to Drs, and not chapters

Comments

• Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    styeffo wrote: »

One of the most cheesiest lines Moffat has ever put in a story.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    styeffo wrote: »

Its referring to the Doctors no doubt and the mention of the woman in the shop giving the Doctors number, could be River? There are possible connections with the library once again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I was wondering if it referred to the 11th episode Clara will appear in which I think should be the 50th anniversary episode - if I haven't miscalculated.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    "You'll cry your eyes out over 11?" Are there still
    Tennant fanguurrlls upset over his departure? ;)
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    It's all ridiculous hyperbole. I recall RTD making exactly the same type of trite comments.

You can't blame him, but when he said the opening to Tooth and Claw was the best intro ever, you really have to scoff...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You certainly have a good ear for the cryptic.

As you say it could be episodes, could be Docs. Title was Summer Falls, Fall of the 11th ? Might even be a Sherlock reference as the cover had a young Holmes and Watson and waterfall behind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Having read this, http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctor-who-summer-falls/, and the talk of the "mysterious painting entitled ‘The Lord of Winter" makes me wonder if Amy will be involved in the 50th? We have heard paintings will be a big part of it...
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 50th anniversary is in the eleventh month - personally though I think that it was a cheeky knowing nod to Doc 10/Doc 11. A bit of fun, not to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    It's all ridiculous hyperbole. I recall RTD making exactly the same type of trite comments.

You can't blame him, but when he said the opening to Tooth and Claw was the best intro ever, you really have to scoff...

Or be intrigued and enjoy it rather than be a pessimistic nerd who's long outgrown the show. I know I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    The 50th anniversary is in the eleventh month - personally though I think that it was a cheeky knowing nod to Doc 10/Doc 11. A bit of fun, not to be taken seriously.

That's why I thought it so cheesy. Not something to be taken seriously at all.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Oh for crying out, it was funny.

You don't have to take every line seriously or as gospel on the show.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Or be intrigued and enjoy it rather than be a pessimistic nerd who's long outgrown the show. I know I enjoyed it.

Edit: 48 posts and you've already shown the nature of your character. You're not worth more of a reply.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

This.

I thought it was mildly amusing, without any need to count up the number of episodes Clara will have been in by the anniversary special or anything like that. I don't think it has anything to do with Clara or has any other deeper meaning. Some things in the episode obviously will, but I don't think this was one of them.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it didn't have any deeper meaning, why would Moffat add "You'll cry your eyes out"?

It must mean something...
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

Exactly.

I must say, I'm flabbergasted by this thread.

Moffat makes a joke and people start analysing it like he's predicted the Second Coming!
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »
    Its referring to the Doctors no doubt and the mention of the woman in the shop giving the Doctors number, could be River? There are possible connections with the library once again.

I thought River, or maybe even Martha or Donna?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I thought it was just a fun reference to Matt being the eleventh Doctor, similar to the bit in Asylum Of The Daleks "out of ten? eleven".
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Okay, I'm going to join up some dots here and see if any of it makes sense.

As Omar_Belkessam1 says, paintings have been tipped to have significance, and the book refers to a painting, and a Lord of Winter.
    The book was written by Amy Pond. She may be connected to the story, if not in person.
    The Great Intelligence made his presence first known in a winter episode, and is strongly associated with Yeti and snow.
    The book is called Summer Falls, and the 11th chapter is the most heartbreaking.

The Question is due to be asked at the Fall of the Eleventh. Could this be a reference to the events in a chapter of a story, rather than to a Doctor?
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I'm going to join up some dots here and see if any of it makes sense.

As Omar_Belkessam1 says, paintings have been tipped to have significance, and the book refers to a painting, and a Lord of Winter.
    The book was written by Amy Pond. She may be connected to the story, if not in person.
    The Great Intelligence made his presence first known in a winter episode, and is strongly associated with Yeti and snow.
    The book is called Summer Falls, and the 11th chapter is the most heartbreaking.

The Question is due to be asked at the Fall of the Eleventh. Could this be a reference to the events in a chapter of a story, rather than to a Doctor?

It's clearly a reference to the Doctor playing football in the summer and getting tripped up. The question being was it a foul?