Options

'We invented the language so use it'

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schmoozer wrote: »
    It was very rude and I felt embarrassed.

Good god, you would think he had dangled his wanger out or something!
  • Options
    missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    eddeva wrote: »
    i'd have told him to stroll on. that poor guy didn't have a clue wth was going on.

Love that saying "stroll on" haven't heard it since I was a youngster, many years ago.:)

As for Ron's convo with dustin, I didn't have a clue what he was on about either.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love big Ron.............he didn't say anything wrong.....Judge Judy is American and she tells the people in her court to say yes/no .....not yer or ner.....I love her to haha!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OneK wrote: »
    I'm sorry but why say 'We'?

Where is the word 'we' in my comment?
  • Options
    DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I hate this kind of attitude against the Americans on these shows. It seems to happen every time.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    dustin was choosing certain words carefully to avoid revealing what he really thought in that chat with ron. ron was calling him out on his bs

Yes, basically.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the word 'we' in my comment?

that's what Ron said.
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love big Ron.............he didn't say anything wrong.....Judge Judy is American and she tells the people in her court to say yes/no .....not yer or ner.....I love her to haha!!:D

It wasn't the above that was relevant to his xenophobia, it was "we invented the language" to an American who speaks English
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently he thinks the English language is characterised by binary yes/no, good/bad, 'black'/'white' distinctions.
  • Options
    MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wheres my spy glass :rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good man.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't honestly say I've never thought the same thing when listening to the American bastardisation of the English language.

......but I wouldn't say it to Screech. I mean come on. It's Screech.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone the cretinous Ron isn't going to offend? He seems to be on an all-out offensive in there.
  • Options
    MrsGordonMrsGordon Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I would think he is like this in his own home because he hasn't moved on from yesteryear. He is impatient, belligerent and downright rude.

^^Couldn't agree more^^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DoohDah wrote: »
    I hate this kind of attitude against the Americans on these shows. It seems to happen every time.

I disagree......the Americans think they are/have bigger better etc etc.......an American once told me that their burgers are bigger.....I said ours are like theirs but made to fit in the size of OUR mouths!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling no matter what Ron says or does..lthe hatred will be poured upon him constantly

Or maybe it's that he has a fondness for making certain kids of statements. I don't see anyone complaining about the way he talks about his bunions.
  • Options
    Robinson1Robinson1 Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They should get her as a housemate. Can you imagine? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NatoPMT wrote: »
    It wasn't the above that was relevant to his xenophobia, it was "we invented the language" to an American who speaks English

He spoke the truth didn't he?.......:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    dustin was choosing certain words carefully to avoid revealing what he really thought in that chat with ron. ron was calling him out on his bs

Ron asked him some nonsense coded question and then demanded that Dustin give him an absolute answer. Dustin should've told him to piss off if he couldn't give his own answer.
  • Options
    canuckocanucko Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wanted Dustin to give an answer with more conviction, that's all....You really do make me laugh with your eagerness to give Ron yet another ' phobic' label

It is quite rude considering how the English language is applied within the borders :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He spoke the truth didn't he?.......:rolleyes:

No, since the language evolved from a multitude of other languages. It wasn't 'invented' and Ron certainly wouldn't deserve any credit if it were.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    It was just a turn of phrase for god's sake, but somewhat clumsy.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    It was xenophobic.

It wasn't xenophobia, it was pedantry. ;)
  • Options
    schmoozerschmoozer Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is certainly swinging his 'wanger'
  • Options
    REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......but I wouldn't say it to Screech. I mean come on. It's Screech.

never heard of him ,what childish crap film did he appear in from the good old USA