Options

Barely Legal Drivers series 2 - BBC3 - starts 12/05/14 - 2100

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think though, seeing cameras on their cars, they would know their drvings going to be seen as well, so would be careful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can they not be done for dangerous driving with the video evidence? They have it on film someone speeding and on their phone so does nothing at all happen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its daft, after seeing that Doms first drive, id have gone straight in and stopped her all together, must be mad letting them continue to drive like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    msmasood wrote: »
    Can they not be done for dangerous driving with the video evidence? They have it on film someone speeding and on their phone so does nothing at all happen?

That's why I'm very surprised it got another series. At least on other bad driving shows, they always have an instructor with them to put a stop to anything dangerous or illegal. I'm sure someone from the first series was prosecuted as well.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching this on repeat. I can't believe that spoiled little brat was crying about not getting a car. :confused:

They said earlier in the show that she'd already written off one car after three accidents, and the reckless driving we've seen on this show demonstrates why. She's an absolute menace to other road users. >:(

I can't believe they also glossed over the moment where she was swinging in and out across the opposite lane at speed. She should've had her license suspended just for that. She's going to kill herself or somebody else driving like that, especially on country roads. :o

And yet it was all about her at the end. Oh poor me, I've got two jobs, i can't afford a car, I'm a good driver, everybody speeds, blah blah blah.

Then that fake moment at the end when she was doing her advanced driving course (yeah right!). There's no way she was being genuine there. She was just doing what the producers said to cover hers and their backsides after her almost criminal driving during the show.

I guarantee when she's behind the wheel and the cameras aren't rolling she's back dancing, speeding and fiddling with her phone again. No question about it.

It genuinely angers me that there are such selfish a-holes out there driving about when you read day after day about the deaths on our roads. >:(
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after seeing that ep, i think i want to upgrade to a tank, so i dont get wiped out by drivers like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have stopped her, doesn't make sense to me, id have stopped her after seeing her first drive, as what if on one of the next drives, she had a major accident, causes fatalities etc..., wonder what would happen then, as they'd be to blame for not stopping her from driving after seeing how she drives, no hands, speeding, driving over the drink drive limit, using her mobile etc...., crazy.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    question

how do the drivers not notice cameras on them in the car???
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    question

Especially the bonnet mounted camera, maybe it was added later to film extra footage.
  • Options
    TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Yeah its daft, after seeing that Doms first drive, id have gone straight in and stopped her all together, must be mad letting them continue to drive like that.

I think the idea isn't to prosecute but rather educate. The presence of a former copper and a top driving instructor I think is the indication that it is more about re-educating teenage drivers as they can give these teenagers important talks about why they shouldn't be behaving the way they do and they need to take a more mature and responsible attitude to driving and leave their teenage antics at home. Stopping the rot before it set's in.

I think it is a little harsh to take the keys away without seeing if they can change. You are not giving anyone a chance to show they can change and become better by stopping them from driving altogether.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a nutty boy.. its always nutty time.

What a fooking bellend of the highest order.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I only started watching this last night. Some of these kids are awful! Why they're being given cars is beyond me.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Dom & Davider.;-)

It's not just Dom's safety that is a concern, it's her passengers and other road users...she is another crash, 3 already is it, waiting to happen - not sure the course will be of much help....but saying that, away from the car, I liked her - she's just mad behind the wheel.

Pleased David got a Car, he wasn't that bad - which then he was able to get a job.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    This is a message from Transport for London.

As part of our new young drivers road safety campaign we have produced a new advert to advise young people not to speed, or drive too fast for the road that they are on:

Watch here

In 2012, 4,684 people in London were injured in collisions involving young drivers.

We are urging young drivers to not drive like some of the young people in Barely Legal Drivers, stay focused and not show off for their friends.

You may not realise, but young people can learn some driving habits from other road users.

So we are urging young people: "Kill your speed and not your mates".
  • Options
    TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    question

They know the cameras are there. Read the posts at the top of this page.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find I get really steamed up when I see the way some people (especially younger ones) drive. Many of them (especially the females) seem to think it's some kind of lark or mobile party. Instead of watching out for hazards etc, they are all giggling away to themselves and *rsing about with their 'phones. They even have a titter when they've cut someone up or hurtled through a red light. Grrr.
    To be fair, the young males think they are Stirling Moss and drive everywhere at 10,000 mph.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Should have stopped her, doesn't make sense to me, id have stopped her after seeing her first drive, as what if on one of the next drives, she had a major accident, causes fatalities etc..., wonder what would happen then, as they'd be to blame for not stopping her from driving after seeing how she drives, no hands, speeding, driving over the drink drive limit, using her mobile etc...., crazy.

They can't stop her driving as she's passed her test and has a full licence. She's as entitled to be on the road as anyone else.

They could have stopped the filming, though.

Whether she *should* be on the road is another matter entirely as she clearly doesn't have any road safety sense or innate driving ability. She's already had three crashes and written off a car but she's clearly not learnt anything whatsover from those incidents and still thinks she can lark about and not concentrate.

It can only take a second and people's lives can be changed forever. Or ended completely.

She needed to learn that but whether the extra lessons and the exercise with the doll will have achieved it has to be doubtful.

He was okay but inexperienced and as someone said up thread, he really have have been out with his Dad. If you pass your test and don't then get any practise, you're going to forget what you've learnt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVFreako wrote: »
    I think it is a little harsh to take the keys away without seeing if they can change. You are not giving anyone a chance to show they can change and become better by stopping them from driving altogether.

Not really, after seeing her first drive, they could have at least revealed themselves, and said look, you can't drive while you're over the limit, take your hands of the wheel, or take your eyes of the road using your mobile, as that what she does while driving, shes not just going to suddenly not do any of that on her subsequent drives, as we saw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On at 10pm tonight, as Live At The Apollo is on at 9.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Starting shortly.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi all..
  • Options
    Forum Member