Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam33 wrote: »
    Carrie Fisher sounded like Howard's mum. :D
    Maybe she is......:D
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    When you look at that episode tonight, you have to ask what was the point of the Penny, Amy and Bernadette scenes?

Why can't they do an episode without them. It was supposed to be a good old nerd episode but totally ruined by the scenes with the women.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you look at that episode tonight, you have to ask what was the point of the Penny, Amy and Bernadette scenes?

Why can't they do an episode without them. It was supposed to be a good old nerd episode but totally ruined by the scenes with the women.

It's all down to the actor's contracts.

Once they become credited in the opening titles they have to be used or they get paid anyway.

They've dug themselves into a hole having those 2 as main cast now.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    It's all down to the actor's contracts.

Once they become credited in the opening titles they have to be used or they get paid anyway.

They've dug themselves into a hole having those 2 as main cast now.

That is probably true, but those scenes in the hotel thing were just pointless.

Here's a thought suppose the Big Bang Theory had originally only been about Penny, Bernadette and Amy, would it have been successful? I think not, not by a mile.

The start of the episode with Penny watching them trying to get on the booking site was very funny (we've all been there!) and Sheldon with James Earle Jones was good as well, but they just seemed to pad the thing out with those girls scenes.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they going to comicon or not?
    Enquiring minds need to know
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think exactly the same with Penny and Leonard scenes. In fact, any scenes with Leonard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    It's not perfect but it's still one of the most watched programs in the US:
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/million-612063-viewers-week.html
    None of the other comedies come close.

Personally, the IT Crowd was a funnier geek show IMO.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I don't know why people think the quality has dropped. I'm always laughing at the show on both the women and the men. I prefer when the girls are meshed with the boys though (Like Bernadette and Raj last week and Amy and Howard in a few episodes).
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people think the quality has dropped. I'm always laughing at the show on both the women and the men. I prefer when the girls are meshed with the boys though (Like Bernadette and Raj last week and Amy and Howard in a few episodes).

It's more one person who likes to run it down continuously, but watches in perpetuity. It kinda got boring 12 months ago but still they are here
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That is probably true, but those scenes in the hotel thing were just pointless.

Here's a thought suppose the Big Bang Theory had originally only been about Penny, Bernadette and Amy, would it have been successful? I think not, not by a mile.

The start of the episode with Penny watching them trying to get on the booking site was very funny (we've all been there!) and Sheldon with James Earle Jones was good as well, but they just seemed to pad the thing out with those girls scenes.
    I was going to say the same. It started out well but then split into two seperate shows for two different demographics.

I thought JEJ was possibly OTT but I guess that's how they wanted it to come across with even Sheldon being bored in the end.

Carrie Fisher hasn't aged well though.
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how did Sheldon get to the restaurant that James Earl Jones was dining at? Normally he would insist that either Leonard or Penny would drive him there - are we to assume he took a taxi or bus without any of his usual fuss about doing such a thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last weeks episode was dire. An episode concentrating on Sheldon & Amy with Howard and Bernadette tagging along.

They need some episodes with the guys as a group again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thought we were getting somewhere last night. The aftermath of Shamy's kiss and then getting a dining room table but by the end it was all back to normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone else noticed that the recent episodes are very bitty. The seem to have scenes - almost sketches - that are 20 seconds long.

It's like the producer said - hey we need 20 seconds more footage - so the just add in some unrelevant scene.
  • Options
    J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed tonight's episode, as I did the last few actually. Don't think it'll ever be as funny as it once was but still superior in my opinion to most sitcoms. Raj it seems is continuing to be the funniest character and so long as they don't overuse him so it becomes repetitive the Stuart scenes were funny too, particularly the one at the end when it flashed twenty years to the future.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    It ceased to be a 'comedy' a long time ago in my opinion and is now more of a soap opera with occasional funny bits in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    J-Star wrote: »
    I enjoyed tonight's episode, as I did the last few actually. Don't think it'll ever be as funny as it once was but still superior in my opinion to most sitcoms. Raj it seems is continuing to be the funniest character and so long as they don't overuse him so it becomes repetitive the Stuart scenes were funny too, particularly the one at the end when it flashed twenty years to the future.
    It's interesting that the last two with Howard and Sheldon away have been a little better as there is a different dynamic.
    It pays to shake things up once in a while.
  • Options
    wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the pacing improves in the next series....
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Professor Protons' Death

Thursday 26th June 2014 on E4

What an excellent episode.

Love the Star Wars video effect on Professor Proton.

Best line: My gowns usually open at the back ...:D:D

Penny, didn't she look fantastic in the black dress, nice legs too..

Not so sure about her double barrelled name though.
  • Options
    a11iea11ie Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else hear what sounded like a very faint siren type noise during the show? Seemed to be mainly during the laughter soundtracks.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan but I I thought this episode was the worst BBT I have ever seen,
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Galecki...

...please, please, please, please please...

... CUT YOUR HAIR AND LOSE SOME WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(>:(>:(

He's once again going through a proper "Matthew Perry in rehab / Chandler looks weird" phase.

He really does look every bit his 39 years, perhaps even older, when he lets his hair grow into this weird curly mullet thing he's got going on.

His relationship with Penny is rendered even more unbelievable than it's already meant to be as a result.

He used to look boyish and nerdy. Now he looks like a middle aged science teacher with the onset of middle aged spread.

When he sat down on the bed before Sheldon hugged him you could see a real tire around his middle.

Sort it out! I can't enjoy the show when he looks so weird!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    lealeeds wrote: »
    I'm a big fan but I I thought this episode was the worst BBT I have ever seen,

I haven't been watching regularly but I thought that this episode was dreadfully dull and mawkish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bob Newhart was good.

It seems these days that the guest stars and bit part characters tend to steal the show.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty disappointing episode , they could've milked the prequels for a lot more gags .