Radio EPG

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
We lost all the radio channels EPG details - apart from Five Live - when they put the extra Olympic channels on 2 years ago.
We never did get them back.

Are they now removing the actual radio programme information from the EPG as well?

I noticed, on friday, when setting V+ for the week ahead, that the radio programme details were only up to tuesday. Wednesday onwards it was 'no programme information'

Checking to see if they're there now, I notice there are now 'no programme information' for the rest of the week, from 2am tomorrow morning.

Is this permanent as well?
It'll be the TV details going next so there'll be no EPG at all.

Comments

• Fred_MerrillFred_Merrill Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I too have the same problems as you and as I use the radio channel recording features extensively find the current situation appalling.
    I understand that there are no such problems with the Tivo box, so must assume that Virgin are slowly running down the virgin+ service, hoping that users will migrate to Tivo.
    If so they should tell us.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In order to accommodate the extra Commonwealth Games channels, radio EPG data has been further reduced to now & next only.

No decision has been made as to whether this will be permanent or not.

This does not affect TiVo boxes.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    In order to accommodate the extra Commonwealth Games channels, radio EPG data has been further reduced to now & next only.

No decision has been made as to whether this will be permanent or not.

This does not affect TiVo boxes.

I'll be very surprised if it's not permanent. As Flukie said, they reduced the radio EPG for the Olympics and it never went back to the way it was, so I can't see them putting it back after the Commonwealth games either, which will really piss me off.
    Forum Member
    It will piss me off to Sky.
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    They've never has an EPG for radio
    It will piss me off to Sky.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    ozsat wrote: »

Yes they have. In fact they still do, albeit very limited.
  • AdamAnalogueAdamAnalogue Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I had Sky 5 or so years ago and I recall that it was not possible to record radio programmes on the Sky+ (I think). is that still the case? I know when I got my V+ box (and not TiVo) I was very pleased to be able to record radio as easily as television.
    Forum Member
    ozsat wrote: »

No radio epg....how was I setting up recordings then?
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No radio epg....how was I setting up recordings then?

Manual recording. I just tested it now and when you press record on a radio station it takes you to manual recording. EPG just shows now, not next.

PJ
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Manual recording. I just tested it now and when you press record on a radio station it takes you to manual recording. EPG just shows now, not next.

PJ

I was responding to a someone whoo reckoned you could never record radio via epg.
    I know you can record manually and that it is a pain.
    I note that although the commonwaelth games have finished the radio epg has not returrned..
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    For some reason I was thinking about this problem today. In a nostalgic way

Never did get the EPG back but we moved in August and got Tivo (turned out to be cheaper overall for the whole package) so I've got EPG everywhere - even on the radio channels. I can also record a series from the radio, I could never do that on the V+ box for some reason, just the one programme even if it was part of a series.

I'm assuming they never bothered fixing the problem with the EPG details on the radio channels in the last 4 months.