If You Could Give a Celeb a Second Chance at Strictly Who Would It Be?

2»

Comments

• 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Austin Healey. His quick step is etched on my memory for ever.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tina O'Brien

Nicky Byrne

Laila Rouass
  • chels.pchels.p Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Ok, off the top of my head.
    Chelsee Healey- Would like to see her up against someone who wasn't going to win even if he sat in the floor and did nothing for 90 seconds!

I read comments like this a lot but out of interest...do you really think Harry would have won had he had Kara in his year (or even Jill?). I don't think so....

Anyway, as others have said I would pick Kelly, Jade or Austin...
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am amazed that forum members are picking people who actually made the final in their year - isn't this about giving people a second chance who went out too early?

I would choose:

From Series 3: Jaye Jacobs - she was really unlucky to get a waltz (in which she struggled to maintain her frame) followed by a rumba. She was a bit of a ringer in that she'd had dance training and been an accomplished gymnast, so it's a shame that she didn't get a faster dance to show off her skills. Out too soon.

From Series 5: A really good year, with strong competition, so although Gabby Logan went too soon (and definitely should have beaten her husband), the only really unlucky competitor who deserves a second chance was Kelly Brook, who had to retire when her father died.

From Series 6: I really liked Jodie Kidd and Cherie Lunghi, so it might just be my own sour grapes that I think both should have been saved instead of Lisa Snowdon, although they did well to get as far as they did. Both Jodie's and Cherie's premature exits were rather over-shadowed by AUSTIN WOZ ROBBED, also featuring Lisa being saved in the dance-off, so that's THREE from this series who I'd like to see have a second bite at the cherry. I shouldn't complain about Lisa being saved, though, since had things turned out differently, we'd not have had the joy that was Bacofoil... :D

From Series 7: Jade Johnson. A lovely dancer, who could and should have got further, had not injury put paid to her progress. Definitely owed a second chance. Also Zoe Lucker. It wasn't a particularly crowd-pleasing samba, but there were loads of people below Zoe and James on the leader-board and she shouldn't have found herself in the dance-off against Ali Bastian. Such a shame. Oh, and I almost forgot Martina Hingis - she really wasn't that bad and definitely didn't deserve to go out in the first week.

From Series 8 - Tina O'Brien. Definitely let down by her sub-standard dance partner, although it's debatable whether Jared was responsible for that dire Argentine Tango. Tina was really good when I saw her on the tour that year and it would have been nice to see what she could have done.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Martin
    Jade Johnson
    Aled Jones
    Carol Smillie
    Bill Turnbull
    Ray Fearon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    I am amazed that forum members are picking people who actually made the final in their year - isn't this about giving people a second chance who went out too early?

I can think of 4 reasons for wanting to see people in different circumstances.

1. They were unlucky - eg. Jade getting injured or Kelly's father passing away. Tina being ill.

2. They were partnered with a pro who maybe couldn't get them to their potential. Laila and Anton for example.

3. They were working a job or jobs while doing Strictly. How good could they have been if they could have done strictly full time? eg. Chelsee, Matt Baker, even Rachel Riley .

4. They went out too early. It is also a popularity contest, so the votes from the public is what it is. The only real argument is to do with whether the judges helped someone out the door too early. But there are many celebs who arrived with almost no (fan base who watch Strictly) and went out early yet would have been much more interesting than those that were kept in their place - eg. Spoony, Martina Hingis.
  • GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    + ....... :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Don't know how it was possible for Kenny Logan to get further than Gabby Logan. Considering he was a plank of wood.
    Plus everyone who finished below Darren Gough in his series.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    For me,

Louisa Lytton
    Emma Bunton
    Gethin Jones
    Austin Healey
    Cheri Lunghi
    Kelly Brook
    Zoe Lucker
    Ali Bastian (She was robbed! :()
    Holly Valance
    Deborah Meaden
    Forum Member
    Glanbraint wrote: »
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    +
    Mark Ramprakash
    + ....... :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

You do realise, he won his series right? :p
    Forum Member
    4smiffy wrote: »
    Definitely Austin Healey. His quick step is etched on my memory for ever.

If my memory serves me correct, he got

8 >:( 9 :) 10 :D 9 :)
    Forum Member
    Kelly.

Gabby as well, I suppose and although I just couldn't warm to her at all - her dancing did deserve to go further.

Colin - if only to atone for the puppet dance.

Kelly Definately deserves another chance, she would have continued but decided she couldn't as a relative if hers died. :( She was always under marked by the judges if you ask me! >:(

As for Gabby Logan, that was a shocker!:o She certainly deserves another go.

Colin Jackson- I thought his puppet dance was hilarious! :D
  • PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Scott Maslen could have done better if he hadn't had to cope with filming Eastenders alongside training. I loved his jive with Natalie and I think he went too soon.

Bit like Ashley last year, he and Ola didn't start training until late evening after he'd been filming all day.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dj Spoony - didn't deserve elimination

Tina O'Brien - bad pro partner

Nicky Byrne - didn't think Karen suited him and was too new to the programme

Holly Valance - I liked Holly with Artem but always had the feeling she would have preferred being with Brendan

Martina Hingis -not given a chance unlucky

Austin and Gethin you could argue that without the judges both would have been in the final but they did extremely well in their series.
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could I add Patsy Palmer to my previous list, please? I think she was hindered by being paired with Anton (no offence to Anton of course!)
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott Maslen because he was naturally a fantastic dancer and had a brilliant partnership with Natalie, sadly he was still doing EastEnders which meant he had to juggle both, especially as Scott was filming the baby swap storyline around the time of his participation which would have been mentally and physically draining. If he gave it a gonow, I think he'd be able to do so much better than he did.

Tina O'Brian, because Jarod was young, inexperienced and didn't seem to have a clue how to train Tina and choreograph their routines. Had she had been partnered by anyone else, I think she would have got a lot further.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    thengp12 wrote: »
    Kelly Brook

Agreed she didn't get to finish the way everyone else did :(
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    I can think of 4 reasons for wanting to see people in different circumstances.

1. They were unlucky - eg. Jade getting injured or Kelly's father passing away. Tina being ill.

2. They were partnered with a pro who maybe couldn't get them to their potential. Laila and Anton for example.

3. They were working a job or jobs while doing Strictly. How good could they have been if they could have done strictly full time? eg. Chelsee, Matt Baker, even Rachel Riley .

4. They went out too early. It is also a popularity contest, so the votes from the public is what it is. The only real argument is to do with whether the judges helped someone out the door too early. But there are many celebs who arrived with almost no (fan base who watch Strictly) and went out early yet would have been much more interesting than those that were kept in their place - eg. Spoony, Martina Hingis.

I don't think anything could have made Rachel Riley any better, she was hopeless :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anything could have made Rachel Riley any better, she was hopeless :)

I thought this wasn't bad for a first ever dance by someone who hadn't danced before. Pasha actually put a lot of content into the dances - so they were quite challenging routines. The alternative would have been simple routines where Pasha worked more on Rachel's technique, but I don't think that would have got her any further in the competition. I think training full time, she could have looked like a dancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6RrVoOn7oo
  • strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray Fearon - went out to soon.

Martina Hingis - also went to soon
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiona Phillips. Watching her dances could cheer me up at the worst of times. I could kick myself for not copying them before BBC took them off the 'net.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Brook - she could have won.

Everyone else was eliminated fairly.

Yes, Kelly was excellent and sadly couldn't have a fair shot at the Glitterball.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can think of two reasons to bring back Kelly Brook. First, she was eliminated by circumstances, not the dancing. Second... no, I think they add up to three reasons ;)