The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I think the fact that you've already emailed them means the problem is within the warranty period. Sounds as if you're going to have to start phoning and making a general nuisance of yourself.

Skiiing again? You're a glutton for punishment. Where are you going this time?

Thanks for sorting out the tickets for the Pro tour by the way.

Star I hope all works out okay with the new flat. It sounds nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very quiet in here these days.

Have been very busy this week turfing out old junk and getting ready for the decorating I have been threatening to do for about a year. Cant stand it any longer.

Oh had two or three old dead electric razors. He hasnt any more:rolleyes:
    He has some really old magazines from his model flying and his car fixiation which I might try to get rid of on ebay. it is time they went they are dust magnets.
    Bought a really cheap light vacuum cleaner for upstairs, it actually works really well and weighs hardly anything so I can carry it about easily. Cant complain even if it doesnt last long as it was £20.

Everything going ok with the new flat Star?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone

I'm here just lurking more than posting due to work.
    A bit cold but so far a nice day here in Oxford Street, I hope it stays that way.

I've a bit of a sore throat, no thanks to the stroppy teenager who sits opposite me and was coughing away like mad yesterday and is now off sick:( She doesn't have a proper coat and 'forgot to put it on' on Tuesday night when she left work to go to see some show and was only wearing a flimsy dress. :rolleyes: When she will realise that smoking and not having a proper coat isn’t good for her or her asthma either. Just hoping that the sore throat goes away by the weekend.

Saw Stephen K Amos at the Hammersmith Apollo on Saturday - first time I'd gone to see a comedian. Highly entertaining and funny athough probably not to everybody's taste.

Had my 1-1 private salsa session last night which went well, except I've got no hip action in my left hip and must get fitter as I can't keep up with the pace after the 4th repetition. Unfortunately didn't have time to go through my other dances but maybe we'll find the time in the next two sessions.

EJ - A good clear out that's what I need to do, am planning to get a 'hippobag' and knuckle down to it when I have a week off at Easter. It's so cathartic (sp?). I hope you're feeling better. Fingers crossed for you and keep dancing... lovely feeling just to forget and whirl around :)

Star - Glad to hear that you've found somewhere you like at last. I hope it all goes well and OH is ready and waiting with flexed muscles to help you move :D

Thai food like FT said is like Chinese but spicier. Also its not as rich as chinese except for the curry dishes, and I find it more 'fresher' tasting as they like using raw herbs such as holy basil and coriander whereas Chinese traditionally don't like eating vegetables etc raw. Chinese food served in restaurants can be a bit gloopy because of the amount of cornstarch they use to thicken up the sauce.

FT - I'm glad you and TVA have sorted out your Pro Tickets, what a parlavour (sp?). I'll have to remember to ask Matt why that was if I see him again before then. I'm also glad to hear that your results were fine and nothing too serious to worry about.

TVA - Glad you enjoyed Erin & Anton. Blue screens - oh I hate those, one of the reasons why I prefer Macs over PCs. Any joy with Dell? I'd phone them, they're pretty good over the phone.

WaltzingMatilda - (((HUGS))), welcome and please come back! Thinking of you. Listen to the ladies here... plenty of fluids and stay positive. x

Have a good day everyone

Cuddly x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sun is out here but its misty too.

Ej thanks. Have sent the application form and am going in to do some measuring on Saturday morning. Its unfurnished which is what I need so my stuff doesnt have to go back into store. Its by a river which is very nice. Its initially 6months and if I like it enough I will stay but will be keeping my eye out incase anything else comes up.

FT glad your results are ok. Still waiting for mine. Im not good at spicy so Thai is probably not for me. Do you get a bag to take home for HRH?

Where is everyone whats happened to CD?
    Forum Member
    I did get a bag to take home Star, but it was for me, not HRH. She did sniff it, but it was too spicy for her. Lots of chillies!:eek: I'm glad you've found somewhere, and it sounds really nice. Hopefully you decide to stay longer than six months as it's such an upheaval moving again in a few months time.

EJ you are an inspiration. I really need to have a massive turn out in my house but just never get round to it. If Easter is nice, then I expect I'll be doing gardening, but if the weather is nasty then I'll start on the clearing out. I need to move stuff out of the loft to encourage the squirrel to move out lol.

Hello Cuddly, sorry about your sore throat. Hope it doesn't get any worse.

Yes, where is CD? I wonder what's happened to her. Saggy said she's not twittering (or tweeting?) either. Hope everything's okay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi everyone

a better week than i expected, got about 1.5 days of course work done - wanted 2, expected less than 1, so only 2.5 left for after skiing!

As for dell - i must re-email them. When this problem started i spent 20 mins on hold on a high cost number - ever since the email was very successful, so am loathe to phone...

just had a similar issue with virgin mobile - eventually they gave a proper number that worked so i could speak to someone and organise mobile abroad - that i thought i had done in sept, but in Jan it didn't work, so OH had to phone up. They implied that i needed to call every time i go abroad - but have clarified that i don't. fingers crossed it works next week - i don't like skiing without my phone!

But what has happened to customer service these days????

Had appalling service at the station yesterday, with no info, couldn't get back out thru ticket machines coz of silly time out thing on tickets. Why do they make you feel like a criminal all the time?

And as for the agent sorting the SCD pro tour tix!!!!

And i spend my life providing a high quality service. I wonder why sometimes????

Hey ho. Looking forward to skiing, just praying for some sun and nice weather. ALthough i think i will have to take a small amount of work with me. I think i'll try to do 1 hour a day in that early evening lull.
    Forum Member
    What early evening lull would that be TVA? From my memories of skiing the early evening lull was spent in a bar talking about the day's skiing before the rush back to the chalet to get changed ready for dinner and the apres ski.

Customer Service? What's that then.:confused: I used to hate being on the front desk in the Estate Agents and have to smile and be polite all the time no matter how rude people were. No-one seems to bother any more.

Good luck with your results today EJ. Hope it all goes okay.
    Forum Member
    Were the Dell and Virgin Customer Service numbers 0870 type numbers TVA?

If so you should try using the Say No to 08700 website and see if you can find their proper geographical numbers.

It won't lessen the holding time I'm afraid but at least you're not dialling premium rate numbers.

I just hate the way these people think I'm utterly stupid when I call them.

I need to go and find somewhere which will sell me a 12in square cake tin as my niece has been asked to bake a cake to feed 20 people. Can anyone recommend somewhere? I've tried John Lewis and Debenhams with no luck.

Sore throat hasn't gone away but the stroppy teenager is back at work today and sneezing and coughing away opposite me :(.

EJ - hope all goes well today x

Also saw a job ad in Thursday's paper for a job with the royal college of radiology. I need to work on a covering letter to go with my CV. Hopefully if the bosses are out today I can do that at work. My CV is ready and waiting but I need to sell myself in the letter. The closing date for applications is Monday - not much time really. I'll have to hand deliver it myself if necessary.

Have decided I've got nothing to lose by applying even though there are parts of the job spec which I don't have the necessary qualification/experience for.
    Forum Member
    Here you go Cuddly. Don't know how quickly she needs it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly have you tried Lakeland. They have shops in places but their online service is really good. Sorry dont have the link to them but Google will find them.

Am back from hospital. News is that the samples were not clear enough for them to be sure of anything. The next step is to actually remove the lump and have it tested. I will have to wait for a date for that to be done. So no real information as yet one way or the other.Just another wait and wonder exercise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh look at that isnt it great when all our great minds think alike lol. I was going to suggest Lakeland to but you beat me to it you two. Well the removal is arranged at least so thats a start.

TVA everytime you mention Oxford Street it makes me want to come to London I like Oxford Street and wandering about London. Your workmate sounds typical, I am often bemused by the amount of young girls going out at night wearing next to nothing and no coat even in the depths of winter. The Price of fashion eh. I saw a woman yesterday in very nice but ridiculously high heels (current fashion ones). She was just out shopping why do people do that it cant be comfortable.

Cuddly Im a little scared of the image of your OH with his muscles flexed lol. But if he wants to help he's very welcome.

FT surely garden centres have things to deal with Squirrels ( humane things I mean). The flat is very nice its only problem is electric heating well everything electric. I prefer gas but need to have somewhere to go and its pretty decent. I'll be able to look out the window and see geese across the road I love geese.

Time we sent out a search Ark I think to find CD, Lady B, Hiu, Saggy, Alison, BBC and Georgi.
    Forum Member
    Actually I'd forgotten about Lakeland. I'll get my niece to phone the Brent Cross branch to see if they have it in stock and to reserve it if poss and we'll have to go up and pick it up. Otherwise she can order it online. I know they're pretty prompt on deliveries. Although I like Lakeland, I hate going there, I always seem to come home with things that I don't actually need :rolleyes:

Lovely weather here in Oxford Street if a tad cold, actually I think its the office that's cold as as I can see people standing in the sun without big coats on.

EJ - sorry to hear that you're playing the waiting game again with the NHS.:( I hope they do hurry up so that you won't be in limbo land any longer than necessary.

Star - it's me in Oxford St and the stroppy teenager not TVA:D I'm fed up with Oxford St now. Too many people wandering around when I've only got an hour for lunch :p. 'Stroppy' bought a pair of ridiculously high heels to go clubbing with last weekend. I'd fall over and break my neck if I wore them. Plus I've had enough of physio on my back and other foot and leg injuries to be too sensible to wear them. 3in heels is probably the highest I can manage now and thats only on special occasions.

Good luck with the move, I hope your OH is ready and waiting with flexed muscles to help you move :D

Mr Cuddly - flexed muscles - hmmm, he is physically strong but think Roger Ramjet - muscles in the arms but skinny and I mean skinny everywhere else :D He describes himself as 'skinny and pink, built like a racing tadpole' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi everyone

thanks for the reminder re say no to 0870. I'll have another go with dell after the ski trip.

And yes FT, i forgot, no "lull" as i'm off to St Anton, Party Town. Oh well, maybe...

byeee
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for making me laugh Cuddly am a bit shaken as I got a letter from the hospital this morning saying I need another scan and its been booked for me. Base of Skull and top of spine apparently. Thought they'd already done base of skull. Consultants Secretary couldnt spell she spelt Skull - Scull am not off in a boat lol:D

I see Anton was in hospital yesterday and Erin had to do their show alone. Low blood pressure apparently.

TVA & Cuddly apologies for mixing you up my brain is like a sieve at the moment. I dont do heels at all they just dont work for me and I'd rather be comfortable than fashionable any day.

Am off to OH's this afternoon as we are going to a Skids concert tonight. Will stay at his and either back late tomorrow or on monday. Break will be nice my flat is box heaven at the moment.

Have a good weekend all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star hope it all turns out ok for you, all this waiting for appointments is such a pain.

I am in a limbo now waiting for my date for the surgery. thank goodness it can be done in a day. Just the waiting is worrying in case there is something to worry about. They didnt give me a clue really. Iwas taken into a room with easy chairs and a sofa and I was thinking oh oh here we go. The doctor and a macmillan nurse talked to me in a very gentle way and that made me think all was not well. She wanted to examine me as well so i was taken to another room where she did what she had to do then she commented that the bruising was surprisingly extensive. Then back to the sofa where she explained that they wanted to remove the offending bit completely and send it for analysis. Then after all that they will be able to tell me the result.
    Yesterday the phone was hot with people expecting to have a result. One friend phoned about midnight and I nearly fell out of bed trying to get the phone. she had been out and couldnt bear to wait until today.

If I was rich I would go private ( the private hospital is almost next door to the NHS one.) The consultant surgeon works at both, he is on the private list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was rich I would go private ( the private hospital is almost next door to the NHS one.) The consultant surgeon works at both, he is on the private list.

if its any consolation there tends to be much more back up in NHS hospitals - 24 hour anaesthetists on site, being in private rooms can result in basic observations happening less often, if you "collapse" you get "found" later....

If i went private it would only by in a private wing of an NHS hospital!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    if its any consolation there tends to be much more back up in NHS hospitals - 24 hour anaesthetists on site, being in private rooms can result in basic observations happening less often, if you "collapse" you get "found" later....

If i went private it would only by in a private wing of an NHS hospital!

Last time I was in our NHS hospital I vowed never to go back. There are NHS hospitals and NHS hospitals. The staff are rushed and overstretched. The Maternity dept is under scrutiny right now. Perhaps the whole hospital should be. They made every mistake they could possibly make last time.
    I could write a book about the mistakes and omissions when I was there. I know it isnt the same everywhere but my last stay there was a stressful and frightening experience.

If I am having going in for day surgery as has been suggested I could be going to the new treatment centre which I am told is a lot nicer and calmer than the main hospital, also being there only one day I might not come out with something I didnt have when I went in.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I was in our NHS hospital I vowed never to go back. There are NHS hospitals and NHS hospitals. The staff are rushed and overstretched. The Maternity dept is under scrutiny right now. Perhaps the whole hospital should be. They made every mistake they could possibly make last time.
    I could write a book about the mistakes and omissions when I was there. I know it isnt the same everywhere but my last stay there was a stressful and frightening experience.

If I am having going in for day surgery as has been suggested I could be going to the new treatment centre which I am told is a lot nicer and calmer than the main hospital, also being there only one day I might not come out with something I didnt have when I went in.:rolleyes:

indeed. Its a shame the bad ones give the good ones a bad name. Plus you can just be un-lucky and get a rubbish doc / nurse / therapist. Make sure everyone washes their hands / uses the alcohol hand gel - if they don't, ask them to !!!

Good luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be looking out for myself whatever happens.

We went to Dog training today and Flossy excelled herself. Doing sit/stay and recall off lead. I thought it was risky as she could have run off but she was really good. Even when all hell was let loose when two dogs started fighting she stayed where she was just looking a bit puzzled by it all. The teacher said she had won that exercise as she was the only dog that had stayed put during the fracass.

Dancing tomorrow :D:D

Have checked travel details and should be ok if there are no unforseen incidents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

Hope you're all ok

Picked up our rings today and invites are going out on Monday

Bunny sends his love
    Forum Member
    Hiu nice to see you. Hope all is going well with the preparations and you're not getting too stressed out with it all.

Have a good lesson today EJ and try to put your health problems out of your mind for a couple of hours.

Got a friend stopping off for lunch today on her way from Sussex to up North somewhere. At least it looks like a nice day for driving. I'd hate to do the journey in the pouring rain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not gone Bridezilla...yet FT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a freezing day. Travelling on a Sunday is an interesting experience, though I made it ok in the end.

John was in good form, he is entertaining and very bouncy right now. Must be the effects of teaching in Rome.

Really enjoyed today in spite of the long wait on cold railway platforms.
    John is thinking of modifying the chacha for me if the steps he has in mind to replace the spiral I cant do are the right level for silver bar. Will be a relief as although the new bit is tricky I think I will be able to do it better after a bit of practice.
    Forum Member
    Cold this morning, but bright. Off to SW later so I hope I've managed to lose some weight after the excesses of the week (3 lunches out and two dinners). It's not so much the food as the wine that I somehow never seem to be able to refuse on these occasions.:rolleyes:

Glad you've not gone Bridezilla yet Hiu. You've done most of the planning already and got the dress and the rings, so now it's just a question of waiting for replies to the invitations and then working out a table plan!:eek: That usually causes more problems than anything. Better leave it to Bunny.:D
    Forum Member
    Managed to lose another pound. That's 17.5 pounds since I first started what seems like ages ago. If I stop going I put weight on again, so this time, I HAVE to keep going come what may. At the moment it's coming off at the rate of one pound a week, which would be nearly four stone after a year if this keeps up.:D

Hope everyone else is okay today.