***The KATY PERRY Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Yes last time I checked it as at 946K+ :)

Thank you, I look forward to when it reaches 1m! I could be wrong, but coupled with Get Lucky, 2013 could be the first year since 1997 when I have been so pleased about 2 songs being released in the same year eventually selling over 1m copies. (The 1997 examples are Torn and Perfect Day btw).
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I look forward to when it reaches 1m! I could be wrong, but coupled with Get Lucky, 2013 could be the first year since 1997 when I have been so pleased about 2 songs being released in the same year eventually selling over 1m copies. (The 1997 examples are Torn and Perfect Day btw).

Luckily for her too unlike Rihanna hers will be solely credited to her. Plus luckily Birthday whilst not doing okay but not brilliantly has had the affect I wanted. Prism now packed with 4 singles and is rebounding it's been a slow but consistent seller. Sales now at 312K. Shame it wasn't released when sales were better as it would be another 2X platinum seller for her but alas.

Also tour is getting great reviews and is having a positive effect after the mini backlash vocals wise she suffered earlier on in the era :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy has posed with Madonna for a photoshoot. I'm not a massive fan of the shoot but some nice pics and a definite boost to her profile. seal of approval from the queen herself ;).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I am a massive fan of hers! My top 5 favourite songs by her are:

1. Roar
    2. Firework
    3. Dark Horse
    4. Hot N Cold
    5. ET

Good choices! Roar is fantastic indeed.
    I've found a site where all here hits are rated: http://jersy.alwaysdata.net/cgi-bin/charts.pl?it=2&ia=527
    We can participate to the voting! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roar is a good single but never quite seen the love she has far better tracks.

Thinking Of You is for me forever criminally underrated and a reason Katy needs to get back to fully writing her own material. She has such a way with words it's a reason why I love OOTB.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seems the best place to ask something. Is Roar by any chance Katy's biggest selling single to date?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is the hottest girl in pop. I use her as material all the time
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    yep she is doing so well....

album and single recognition sales, critical or popularity
    and her tour is talked about a lot! With a lot of positive reviews....

she has done well when pop is in bit of a recession...

international smile or walking on air could be a huge summer hit too!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Katy took part in CMT Crossroads with Kacey Musgraves.

Here it is in full on youtube
    Forum Member
    yep she is doing so well....

album and single recognition sales, critical or popularity
    and her tour is talked about a lot! With a lot of positive reviews....

she has done well when pop is in bit of a recession...

international smile or walking on air could be a huge summer hit too!

I love "International Smile". It was written about her best friend. :)
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I wish she would release another single... maybe International Smile, Legendary Lovers or Walking On Air?
    Forum Member
    I wish she would release another single... maybe International Smile, Legendary Lovers or Walking On Air?

Birthday doesn't seem to have done that much. I'd like another single too. She's on tour at the moment so fitting a video shoot and promo in would be difficult. That said she could have a tour video for "International Smile".
    Forum Member
    Katy Perry in trouble for plagerism with "Dark Horse" beat....

Normally I would take these things with a pinch of salt but it does sound VERY similar.

The person who produced "Dark Horse" could be in a lot of trouble if the group get their way...
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katy is looking very sexy in the Hollywood Reporter photoshoot.

Lovely hair and dresses she is wearing.
    Forum Member
    Katy got her septum pierced! I didn't even notice it in the video the first time that I saw it.

:)

It's a painful piercing, speaking from experience.

Photos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TIHWD as I predicted is flopping hard. Plus again the video is pants I understand she is on tour but LFN was also filmed on tour. Her videos have been so poor this era save for unconditionally.

On the plus side the album has risen so that's good.
    Forum Member
    Katy got her nose pierced again. There's a video online. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which part this time :D
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Which part this time :D

She appears to have both her septum and nostril pierced. I've yet to see a photo of both piercings together. Apparently she got her nose pierced to cover the scar from when she pierced her nose herself as a teen. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh ouch sounds painful I've had mishaps with piercings and they are not nice :p
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adore Katy Perry, she has the perfect figure and her songs are so catchy. She looks like she'd be fun to hang out with too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    NEW INTERVIEW!!!!

She talks about This Is How We Do, Legendary Lovers/ Walking On Air (hoping one of them is the next single :kitty: ) and she shades Dark Horse a bit, but then she says she will make similar music in the future :p
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Legendary Lovers or Walking on Air would both be great singles.....
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't mind Legendary Lovers being released as a single; Walking On Air, meh, far from her best.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Adore Katy Perry, she has the perfect figure and her songs are so catchy. She looks like she'd be fun to hang out with too.

She has it all, looks, body, personality.....perfect!