How Do I Meet Other Women?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi everyone, :)

Before I start, I really would appreciate genuine replies! :) I am not a "troll", as I know many of those who post about this kind of thing are believed to be, so please refrain from any sarcy comments etc if you can.

A few of you may remember a post of mine from quite a while ago, in which I was very much struggling with my sexuality. I took a lot of time to reflect upon it all, trying to figure it all out... and I have decided that I really want to try to meet other women. It feels right for me, and I'd love to actually get out there and meet a really nice girl who I'm attracted to.

Now, the issue is that I know very little about how the gay community works... Its so easy to meet guys that are interested in you (now, I don't find men attractive, but I have dated a few in the past), how on earth do I meet another woman in that way? I don't want to "flirt" with a girl and then discover that she is straight, do I even make any sense here? I'm a University student, young, feminine and I'd say that I'm somewhat attractive... I don't know why I'm finding this so difficult, but I just have no idea where to start!

Anyway, I know there are gay clubs, but to be perfectly honest with you I tend to avoid clubbing whenever possible. I mean, I am a student so I do visit them every so often, but I really hate the environment. Apart from that I simply have no clue whatsoever! I'd really love to actually meet someone I'm interested in and start dating... I just don't know how to go about making that happen with a girl.

Thanks for any advice, I am aware of how daft this may all sound but I have just recently gathered enough courage to actually embrace my feelings and get out there...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does your university have an LGBT group? They might have film nights/book groups/that sort of thing which might interest you a bit more. They also might have people that are in the same situation?

Also, I found that when I wasn't actively looking for someone, I found her. So just keep feeling comfortable in yourself and enjoy your uni time!

Congratulations on accepting your sexuality! It's usually a tough time (the lead up to acceptance) and I didn't read your previous thread, but you sound happy and comfortable in your sexuality...welcome to the club!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Internet dating sites?
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newspaper ads. My cousin found some long term friends (same sex for going out socially) by placing an ad, after she had split up with a long term bf

I am sure there are a lot of people placing ads who feel similar to you. Or place an ad yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for the comments :)

Aimee, to be honest I am not at all sure if my university has a LGBT club, I shall look into that, its not something I would have thought of. Thank you! And thanks also for the latter part of your comment...its not been at all easy, and I'm still not fully there yet, but I think I'm getting there slowly :)

I might take a look at some ads, again not something that would have crossed my mind at all.

Is there anyone out there who has been in a similar position to myself? Any gay people who can offer some advice or any tips? :)
  • Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    Yes, I find it very easy to meet men but not the women I like. I can't offer anything more than the above. I am just on internet sites but no good news yet. Good luck Kathy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CoCoKathy wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the comments :)

Aimee, to be honest I am not at all sure if my university has a LGBT club, I shall look into that, its not something I would have thought of. Thank you! And thanks also for the latter part of your comment...its not been at all easy, and I'm still not fully there yet, but I think I'm getting there slowly :)

I might take a look at some ads, again not something that would have crossed my mind at all.

Is there anyone out there who has been in a similar position to myself? Any gay people who can offer some advice or any tips? :)

Sent you a PM :)
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd look at LGBT groups at your University, they tend to be very friendly people and its safe to be yourself.

Whereabouts are you? If you're in Glasgow I'll be your friend :D (I am being sorta serious...:o)