Options

The Killing (Danish version) repeat?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
Forum Member
Anyone know when BBC4 are showing the promised repeat of this magnificent series?

Comments

• Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have promised series 2 for the autumn so if it is not soon then I guess it would have to be after that finishes.

Doubt they will air it whilst the US version is on here so I think it unlikely now as I bet they show series 2 immediately after the US version ends around late September/early October to try to tempt the channel 4 audience to see what the original was like - as they can do that without spoilering the US version given that series 2 from Denmark will be a new story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see BBC FOUR repeat S1 in November, on a nightly basis, between 3rd and 22nd, effectively mimicking the actual timeline of the investigation. Then unveil S2 in the new year, one episode per week, from Saturday 21st January, in keeping with the successful scheduling of S1's initial run.
  • Options
    GorkyGorky Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've recorded the original Danish series but not got around to watching it yet. Can someone tell me how the US version compares? Is it not really worth watching if you've seen the original because the story's just the same or is it sufficiently different?
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded the Danish version and just finished watching it tonight. It's the best crime drama I've ever seen. It's put's UK police dramas to shame.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Gorky wrote: »
    I've recorded the original Danish series but not got around to watching it yet. Can someone tell me how the US version compares? Is it not really worth watching if you've seen the original because the story's just the same or is it sufficiently different?

Brits who HAVEN'T seen the Danish show first seem to like the US remake -- and many of them say they like it a great deal. However, most people who watched the Danish show first don't seem to have anything positive to say about the American show. In other words, you are probably going to like whatever you watch first.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Brits who HAVEN'T seen the Danish show first seem to like the US remake -- and many of them say they like it a great deal. However, most people who watched the Danish show first don't seem to have anything positive to say about the American show. In other words, you are probably going to like whatever you watch first.
    What we haven't had, to complete the picture, is many people that watched the US version first, then watching and commenting on the Danish version.

And there's still the issue of...
    How many watching the current C4 run of the US version are yet to realise that it won't be resolved in this run - and will the reaction be the same as in the US!!!

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I downloaded the Danish version and just finished watching it tonight. It's the best crime drama I've ever seen. It's put's UK police dramas to shame.

Hi,
    can you let me know which site to download from?
    I have seen it but would so like to see it again.

have tried with the US version, thanks but no thanks x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    What we haven't had, to complete the picture, is many people that watched the US version first, then watching and commenting on the Danish version.

And there's still the issue of...
    How many watching the current C4 run of the US version are yet to realise that it won't be resolved in this run - and will the reaction be the same as in the US!!!

K

Hi Kenny T, hope you are well?
    Any interesting stuff to tell us re Euro Crime?
    Watched a very good Euro film last week on film 4..... Kontroll........ have you seen it?

Hi
  • Options
    renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gorky wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how the US version compares?

Having watched the Danish version, I decided to give the US series a chance when it started on C4. I must admit, that I do like the US version. Initially, there was a lot of comparing between US and DK, but I am finding that as the US series continues I am doing fewer comparisons. I think I'm in a minority on here, because I actually like both versions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched the Danish version, I decided to give the US series a chance when it started on C4. I must admit, that I do like the US version. Initially, there was a lot of comparing between US and DK, but I am finding that as the US series continues I am doing fewer comparisons. I think I'm in a minority on here, because I actually like both versions.

Plus 1. I'm really enjoying the AMC version.

Here's the trailer for The Killing II (Danish version) for all of us who are pining for Sofie and her sexy blue slipons:):)

Contains spoilers-obviously
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00g6xvh
  • Options
    Forum Member

Here's the trailer for The Killing II (Danish version) for all of us who are pining for Sofie and her sexy blue slipons:):)

Contains spoilers-obviously
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00g6xvh

thanks Keith, can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terrie1957 wrote: »
    thanks Keith, can't wait!

Most welcome. I notice you watched Kontroll? What did you make of the ending? The owl, ticket dodging girl with her wings, all the escalators going up. Were they in some form of purgatory(like in A2A) and was Bulcsú going up to heaven. Or was it actually set in the underground and the ending was ''real'' but symbolic as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terrie1957 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny T, hope you are well?
    Any interesting stuff to tell us re Euro Crime?
    Watched a very good Euro film last week on film 4..... Kontroll........ have you seen it?

Hi
    Sorry, no, not yet. DIgiguide still has TBA for the BBC4 9pm Saturday slot on Aug 20th, but that should get updated tomorrow on the RT website.

I notice they're repeating the Scandinavian thriller documentary on Sunday 21st, though.

I haven't watched "Kontroll", been a bit busy so haven't had much time for telly sessions exceeding an hour at a time!

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, no, not yet. DIgiguide still has TBA for the BBC4 9pm Saturday slot on Aug 20th, but that should get updated tomorrow on the RT website.

I notice they're repeating the Scandinavian thriller documentary on Sunday 21st, though.

I haven't watched "Kontroll", been a bit busy so haven't had much time for telly sessions exceeding an hour at a time!

K

They are starting with the Italian Crime Thriller first KT. It's on the Sunday after Wallander S2 finishes, the 14th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah, OK, thanks, hadn't noticed that!

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aah, OK, thanks, hadn't noticed that!

K

I must apologise as well. Nice to meet up again KT:):) I'm getting rude in my old age.:o

PS
    Are we both scouting the BBC 4 schedules, long range, in a vain hope we see some hint of TK1 & TK2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think what you posted was rude, if I were you, I'd avoid the "broadcasting" forum!!!!

What do you think will get shown first for our pleasure?

TK1 (rpt)
    RL's unshown Wallanders
    Some more Inspector Montalbanos
    Something entirely new?

K

PS to your PS...Yep!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think what you posted was rude, if I were you, I'd avoid the "broadcasting" forum!!!!

What do you think will get shown first for our pleasure?

TK1 (rpt)
    RL's unshown Wallanders
    Some more Inspector Montalbanos
    Something entirely new?

K

PS to your PS...Yep!

Firstly, I meant not greeting you was rude. Especially as we haven't talked for a while.

Secondly in answer to your PS, does that make us stalwart guardians of the flame, or a pair of incredible saddos:D:D

As to your list. WOW. It's like a list I would write to Santa when I was 11:):)

I'm hoping for the unaired Lassgards, maybe a full run, that would be nice. I know you are a fan of the Insp Montalbanos so here's hoping for you.

As for TK?? Who knows. I think the promises Klein made about a rerun of TK1 and then TK2 were made in good faith. But all the changes at the BBC, the World Service etc, have thrown things into turmoil. So I don't know. So long as we still keep our beloved BBC 4 that's the main thing, for me anyway.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Plus 2 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Plus 2 :)

Evening Daniel;):D:D Get me a KitKat from the Kiosk, please.:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening Daniel;):D:D Get me a KitKat from the Kiosk, please.:D:D:D

Don't know if I'll have enough time to ask about that ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Don't know if I'll have enough time to ask about that ;)

Ahh, balmy nights on the Icelandic forecourt. Two young lovers stare into each others eyes. And then...

TRAINEE PERSONAL ON THE FORECOURT....

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    With regards to the Nordic Noir repeat, scheduled for 9pm on Sunday 21st August, Digiguide is showing the following 10pm + 11pm slots as 'To Be Announced'. Could be Forbrydelsen...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, balmy nights on the Icelandic forecourt. Two young lovers stare into each others eyes. And then...

TRAINEE PERSONAL ON THE FORECOURT....

:D:D:D

Go and find some empty cans and bottles!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    With regards to the Nordic Noir repeat, scheduled for 9pm on Sunday 21st August, Digiguide is showing the following 10pm + 11pm slots as 'To Be Announced'. Could be Forbrydelsen...

Fingers crossed...