Will Smith slaps reporter.

embyemby Posts: 7,837
Forum Member
Just noticed this doing the rounds on Twitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZdXDhkOyoo&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

IMO a massive over reaction on Smith's part. Silly.

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »

How...?! Forcibly trying to kiss someone could be classed as sexual assault....that guy is lucky he only got a slap...
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed this doing the rounds on Twitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZdXDhkOyoo&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Not really, the man tried to kiss him on the lips. No over reaction at all.
  • embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I'm just not seeing it ... looks like he goes from left cheek to right to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thought that was funny? :D
  • rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Not really, the man tried to kiss him on the lips. No over reaction at all.

Looks like kisses cheek to me. Big over reaction by Smith.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just not seeing it ... looks like he goes from left cheek to right to me.

Which is a traditional greeting in some countries.

Ooops, he was working overtime on giving a good impression while in London recently.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OhDamm wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought that was funny? :D

I didn't think the slap was funny, but the faces of the people around Will Smith were priceless! They looked like he'd just run over their new puppy.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be that the Ukrainian reporter thought he'd try to 'out' Will by trying to get him to play along with the kissing thing? Either that, or he just fancied kissing him. The daft bugger lost his interview with him.
  • KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit, I thought it was funny. I didn't notice the reporter trying to kiss him on the lips. It looked like he was just kissing him on the cheeks. The reporter probably should have thought it through first before doing it though. Not sure I'd call it a slap either. More of a shove and a tap.

I should imagine the only thing that hurt was the reporter's pride. I bet he felt like a right tw*t.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    hardly a slap and the reporter deserved it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Could it be that the Ukrainian reporter thought he'd try to 'out' Will by trying to get him to play along with the kissing thing? Either that, or he just fancied kissing him. The daft bugger lost his interview with him.

Or wanted to greet him in the traditional way. Do they kiss on both cheeks when greeting in Moscow, where he was? Would Will have caused a fuss if he was in Japan and they bowed when meeting him?

PR disaster I think.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rory r wrote: »
    Looks like kisses cheek to me. Big over reaction by Smith.

Ok this is what I see

Reported air kisses first (the norm) then actually kisses Will's cheek, then moves to kiss his lips while holding on tight around his neck. Will reacts by moving his head so the reporter misses his lips.

Just ignore Will for a second and watch the reporters head movements after the cheek kiss. It looks to me like he is trying to kiss him on the lips immediately after he kisses his cheek.

Again just watch the reporter after the kiss cheek he is surely going to plant his lips on Will's. I'm not seeing things am I?
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Kubrick wrote: »
    Must admit, I thought it was funny. I didn't notice the reporter trying to kiss him on the lips. It looked like he was just kissing him on the cheeks. The reporter probably should have thought it through first before doing it though. Not sure I'd call it a slap either. More of a shove and a tap.

I should imagine the only thing that hurt was the reporter's pride. I bet he felt like a right tw*t.

It looks like a tap from the first angle, but from the second it was definitely more than a tap. Not uncalled for though if he was trying it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same guy who gave Madonna a hydrangea, so it's likely a publicity stunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMjK9MA3JPo
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    It will be Ukraine's answer to Dennis Pennis.

I wonder what the result would have been without the cameras around?

That reporter is a good-looking young man.

Guess we'll never know.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Will Smith had been a woman .. Would we of thought it ok to try to force a kiss on the lips? Let's not forget Will has been trained to box for the Ali film.the reporter is lucky it was a slap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    How...?! Forcibly trying to kiss someone could be classed as sexual assault....that guy is lucky he only got a slap...

agree 100%. the idiot who tried to kiss him was so embarassed too.

Nice slap, Will.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't go to foreign countries if you aren't aware or are against their customs. Men kissing each other on the cheek is a common greeting in parts of Europe, perhaps Will Smith should familiarise himself with the customs of the countries he visits to promote his movies rather than make an ass of himself by overreacting to an affectionate gesture. Pushing and slapping someone like that should not be something someone who has been as famous as he has for this long should be doing, his security should have intervened sooner to prevent this happening to prevent it completely.
  • KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like a tap from the first angle, but from the second it was definitely more than a tap. Not uncalled for though if he was trying it on.

No I agree, I'm not defending the reporter. He shouldn't really have invaded someone's personal space like that. I suspect it was meant as a prank and it backfired.
    If Will Smith had been a woman .. Would we of thought it ok to try to force a kiss on the lips? Let's not forget Will has been trained to box for the Ali film.the reporter is lucky it was a slap

Who said they thought it was ok? :confused:
    The majority of comments I've read on the Internet about it, so far, have all supported Will Smith.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    That reporter went too far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kubrick wrote: »
    No I agree, I'm not defending the reporter. He shouldn't really have invaded someone's personal space like that. I suspect it was meant as a prank and it backfired.

Who said they thought it was ok? :confused:
    The majority of comments I've read on the Internet about it, so far, have all supported Will Smith.

R Kelly was found innocent by a jury of his hometown peers after he released a hit album despite the very clear video evidence.

Hitler was considered a social revolutionary who kickstarted the German automobile and film industries.

Public opinion is garbage.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like he went to kiss him on the mouth and he turned then to kissed his on his right cheek???
    To be fair he has every right to react... personal space and all, but the slap is unecessary. I understand other countries greetings thats fine, but the guy appears to kiss him or go to kiss him on the mouth abit too familiar for a interview.
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,440
    Forum Member
    I think Will was fair enough - he thought the guy wanted a hug which Will gave him but to then be held onto (when it's obvious Will was trying to pull back after the hug) and kissed is a bit much. If someone had a hold of me and wouldn't let go while trying to give me kisses I wouldn't be best pleased either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    It looks like he went to kiss him on the mouth and he turned then to kissed his on his right cheek???
    To be fair he has every right to react... personal space and all, but the slap is unecessary. I understand other countries greetings thats fine, but the guy appears to kiss him or go to kiss him on the mouth abit too familiar for a interview.

The security should have intervened if they thought the situation was getting out of control. That they didn't to me suggests they didn't think it was as big a deal as Will then made it by slapping the guy after they'd been separated.