Does any one else think BBC 1 is the worst channel right now?

fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only things I watch on this are the News and The Graham Norton Show.
Its been really crap for me for some time.
Have found there is more on BBC2 myself.

Comments

• JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations on joining the thinking public :)

However, there are a few good programmes on BBC1 - Would I Lie To You? for example.

But I agree most decent programmes are on BBC2 or BBC4. (Simon Reeve is back tomorrow - hooray!)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My list from the main ones would be from worst to best

BBC1
    Channel 4
    Five
    BBC2
    ITV

At this time
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's truly awful at the moment itv has improved so must over the last year:)
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think channel 5 really has improved alot over the last few months:)
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's truly awful at the moment itv has improved so must over the last year:)

lol how?, what wonderful thought provoking documentaries have ITV given us? I can't think of anything..

it's still the same old ditzy daytime trash tv, followed by more trashy game-shows followed by some nauseating crappy soap dramas and maybe just maybe a decent 80s throwback movie on at night, that is the set ITV menu.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the voice and the one show are saving the bbc at the minute along with match of the day
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought BBC 1 is the worst one for a long time, I resent that this is the channel we pay our tv license fee for.
    It's main soap should've been scrapped years ago and it only does safe, comfortable comedy for fear of upsetting the minorities.
    I could happily live without BBC.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol how?, what wonderful thought provoking documentaries have ITV given us? I can't think of anything..

it's still the same old ditzy daytime trash tv, followed by more trashy game-shows followed by some nauseating crappy soap dramas and maybe just maybe a decent 80s throwback movie on at night, that is the set ITV menu.

You sure you're not describing BBC1?
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the voice and the one show are saving the bbc at the minute along with match of the day

Those are two of the shows that are highlighting EVERYTHING WRONG with the BBC at the moment but looking at your screen name your opinion will come as no surprise.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Only things I watch on this are the News and The Graham Norton Show.
    Its been really crap for me for some time.
    Have found there is more on BBC2 myself.

only things i watch bbc 1 is dr who,waterloo road.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those are two of the shows that are highlighting EVERYTHING WRONG with the BBC at the moment but looking at your screen name your opinion will come as no surprise.
    lol. i do however not watch the voice nor eastenders. motd yes, so please dont judge me before getting to know me,

i called myself that name as when i first joined ds i was a major bb fan and didnt really realise what this site was and had only seen the big brother forum
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their news and politics programmes are for sure
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I don't watch a thing on BBC1.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    Their news and politics programmes are for sure
    Are for sure what? :confused:
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Across their four channels, if you're selective you can find some decent programmes.
    I've got to admit to hardly ever watching BBC1, because of all their channels, this is the one that appears to be most focused on "ratings chasing," leading in my opinion, to a progressive dumbing down in content and presentation of many of the programmes.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only things I've watched on ITV over the last 12 months are Endevor - good Inspector Morse prequal - and Downton Abbey but even that hasn't been as good since series 1. I still watch the BBC more than any other channels and whilst comedy output has been a real letdown in recent years - apart from Would I Lie to You and Russell Howard ( which I personally enjoy ) it still makes the best documentaries, BBC 4 is great for me.

It's time Eastenders was given less importance though, I lost interest about 3 months ago because it's the same recycled storylines again and again and you watch every relationship with nothing but pessimism - the writers and actors are even making it clear that Alfie and Roxy are going nowhere in the long run, making Roxy a pointless character right now, like many others.
  • Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched anything on BBC One since I stopped watching EastEnders many months ago. I seem to be watching BBC Two much more, although the programme about the 150th anniversary of the London Underground was laughable.

I am prone to watching the lower class, mass audience programmes on ITV, simply because there is nothing else to watch and I will not sit in a quiet room reading The Daily Telegraph listening to BBC Radio 3.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a big-budget channel BBC1 is very poor overall.

That's not to say there are no well-made programmes on BBC1, but it's gone the route of many channels in the UK and become very samey.

Each weekday is practically the same bunch of programmes, and daytime it most certainly is!
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's far better than ITV, the worst two are chav channels ITV2 and BBC3.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like BBC1 has gone downhill in the past month or so. I think it's because they really treated us in January - we had schedules consisting of new Silent Witness, Death in Paradise, Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys and Ripper Street. It's like they crammed all their good dramas into the first month or two of the year. Maybe they should have spread them out across the year?

The Voice isn't my thing, but the scheduling for it has been a complete mess. The likes of Masterchef doesn't ever seem to have any coherent scheduling either. Waterloo Road has majorly declined in quality, and the viewers are starting to agree as ratings are falling. EastEnders is also in a complete mess now too and is in dire need of a revamp - it's been treading water for ages. I personally think the BBC should cut it down and make something new. The One Show and Pointless are also overexposed and don't need to be on all the time.

The only thing I'm watching on BBC1 at the moment is the Apprentice.
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Are for sure what? :confused:

Unwatchable
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The One Show, each weekday.

Soaps soaps soaps

Daytime is practically identical each day.

They really are not trying.

ITV(1) has a slight edge over BBC1 since ITV have far more non-soap drama each week.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I thought BBC 1 is the worst one for a long time, I resent that this is the channel we pay our tv license fee for.
    It's main soap should've been scrapped years ago and it only does safe, comfortable comedy for fear of upsetting the minorities.

Hells teeth you're obsessed with Black and Brown people aren't you, you really, really don't like them.
    TV must be hellish for you, truly hellish.
    I'm assuming the cutting edge comedy you'd like to see on BBC1 would be written by a latter day Bernard Manning.
    Taking the rise out of minorities calling them coons, wogs and the like.
    Clearly where Croft and Perry went wrong for all those years, not ripping into minorities.
    EE should be scrapped, I'm guessing because you don't like it.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    I don't watch a thing on BBC1.

Apart from Champions League football, I don't think I watch a single thing on ITV 1.

I'd be quite happy if my TV only had BBC 1, 2 and 4. There is the occasional thing to watch on Ch 4 and 5 but I could live without them. If one BBC channel had to go it would be BBC3.

I would rank the main channels

BBC2
    BBC4
    BBC1
    Ch4
    BBC3
    Ch5
    ITV1

Never watch ITV 2,3 or 4 so don't think I could rank them at all.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »

You do realise that the TV license doesn't just fund BBC 1? It funds all the Beeb's content, all the various channels (many of which contain some excellent content, particularly BBC 2 and 4), hundreds of national and local radio stations and all online content. Not too bad for less than £150 per household.