Options

Hollyoaks - Sinead is vile!

HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She is the most despicable character on the show worse then Mercy and Sienna combined!

She bullied Esther, slept with Rhys who was married, was going to give her baby away, put her child in danger more times then you have fingers to count on, prostitutes herself, involved in drugs, murders and cover up, gets with Freddie knowing his never going to love her like she wants, marries him in a couple of months of knowing him blackmails him, lies to him constantly, sleeps with his brother, puts blood in her daughters nappy, plants drugs on Diane when she was going to get married, lied about Joe and participated in the cover up, I'm sure I've missed some but you get the gist, now she lying about being HIV positive to get revenge on Lindsey and she going to kidnap Lindsey and Freddie soon and apparently this is just the start of her twisted revenge plot, she blames everybody else but herself she just vile and we suppose to be rooting for her, don't think so!

Now I think Stephanie Davis is a decent actress but her character is so unlikable and overload on screen.

Comments

• Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is like Bianca Butcher and Stacey Slater on steroids. Loud, gobby, obnoxious, despicable, filthy, immoral, slutty and the list goes on. Just a horrific creature.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    Her (and Freddie's) lies were the reason why Lynsey aborted her baby and the bullying of Esther got to the point where she tried to kill herself and even after that she has shown no remorse.

She also stole what she thought was money from Trevor, but was actually a bomb that killed people, but I don't think that was ever mentioned. Sinead hates Ste for being blackmailed by Fraser over the car accident, but Ste didn't think anything of the fact that Sinead brought a bomb into his house that killed his husband.

The actress is good, but I can't stand Sinead and her revenge on Lynsey after everything she has done makes me want to slap her. I know we are meant to be seeing this as Sinead getting her form of justice after being let down, but she can't get away with it, I hope it all turns on her in the end.
  • Options
    hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Don't forget mugging some poor woman and stealing her car. Something she still hasn't been brought to justice for >:(
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    She is the most despicable character on the show worse then Mercy and Sienna combined!

She bullied Esther, slept with Rhys who was married, was going to give her baby away, put her child in danger more times then you have fingers to count on, prostitutes herself, involved in drugs, murders and cover up, gets with Freddie knowing his never going to love her like she wants, marries him in a couple of months of knowing him blackmails him, lies to him constantly, sleeps with his brother, puts blood in her daughters nappy, plants drugs on Diane when she was going to get married, lied about Joe and participated in the cover up, I'm sure I've missed some but you get the gist, now she lying about being HIV positive to get revenge on Lindsey and she going to kidnap Lindsey and Freddie soon and apparently this is just the start of her twisted revenge plot, she blames everybody else but herself she just vile and we suppose to be rooting for her, don't think so!

Now I think Stephanie Davis is a decent actress but her character is so unlikable and overload on screen.

:o:o:o:o:o what!! That is so twisted.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you put it like that.....
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree with you more, Harlowe, and all the other posters.

Any attempts to make viewers feel sorry for Sinead never work with me, seeing as she remains a thoroughly nasty, unsympathetic piece of work, no matter what happens to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should have softened her up rather than turning her into maleficent
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Are we supposed to sympathise with her :confused::o I've always detested the character and her mum and her brother too now but she has still managed to plummet to new depths of hatefulness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great actress. Vile character.

The worst ting is how Sinead is portrayed as a victim all the time so her actions are 'excused'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atrocious character played by an atrocious actress. I wish HO would get shot of her!
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    She genuinely is horrible
    EVERYTHING bad that has happened to her in the last 2 years has been her own fault

I'm so glad they have a character like her on the show though because she really does represent the scum of the earth
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    One thing is for sure she is possibly one of the best soap actresses out there.
    She really plays the Sinead character well and makes her so hateful and evil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    She genuinely is horrible
    EVERYTHING bad that has happened to her in the last 2 years has been her own fault

I'm so glad they have a character like her on the show though because she really does represent the scum of the earth

Yep indeed. She's just a hard hearted evil skank.
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep indeed. She's just a hard hearted evil skank.

I agree. She's awful.
  • Options
    TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a very realistic character there are plenty of Sinead's in real life.

Stephanie Davis however is fantastic and a great actress.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I love Sinead. :p I think it's more to do with the actress than the character though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atrocious character played by an atrocious actress. I wish HO would get shot of her!

Agreed.
    Horrible character and torturing accent, no offence.
    They've really put that girl through everything, haven't they? In the space of 4 years
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I could carry on with my new Multi-quote ability :D but you are all spot on i would be doing it to all comments :p

I think everyone at oaks expects us to feel sympathy with sinead but how. Has she done anything worth feeling sympathy? and she has done so many bad things and most are her own fault. She is so vile most of us struggled to care or feel sorry for her when Katy died. Our reaction should have been sympathy. They could have redeemed her by having her grieve like any normal mom but no sensationalist revenge crap.

Plus being overused. Steph may be a great actress but frankly how can sinead be saved. Apologize for tons of hurtful , silly etc things she has done and everyone magically moves on. The writers ruined what could have been a realistic , brilliant story with Sinead. I may have grown to like her if she stop screeching with that annoying voice , stopped wanting revenge and grieved normally but nope. Plus the overload - she is onscreen more than half the cast combined. I wish there was a way to total up the past months screen time per character because she would walk it by a country mile , only freddie is anywhere close.

I don't see what they can do now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said, Natilly. The Scouse Foghorn just has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    I love Sinead. :p I think it's more to do with the actress than the character though.

Poor Kav. She's all alone. :(:D
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really should win best actress at the BSA this year! Whether you like the character or not she is a brilliant actress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Sinead's vile. Yes the actress who plays her is good at her job but that's no reason to defend her character.
  • Options
    hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    It's a shame the writers didn't take the opportunity to redeem her character following the death of Katie, instead of making her vindictiv and hateful.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    OUAT wrote: »
    Sinead's vile. Yes the actress who plays her is good at her job but that's no reason to defend her character.

Exactly. I don't think the actress and her abilities have anything to do with it. Sinead is beyond nasty >:(
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atleast she's got a point this time, she should get revenge.