Options

I hope Patsy Palmer is banned from ever coming back to be honest to eastenders

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Look at how many actors and actresses are now out of a job because of her decision to leave.

Comments

• Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Look at how many actors and actresses are now out of a job because of her decision to leave.

They all got their jobs thanks to her returning to the role in the first place. It wasn't her decision to axe the rest of the Butcher/Spraggans and it's ludicrous to blame her for it.

I have said in another thread, Patsy should be admired for following her dreams not slated for no damn reason.
  • Options
    LA2UKLA2UK Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    It's her job though. Is she not allowed to move on? Would you like to be told you are not allowed to change your job? Just saying
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what are you saying? She should stay at EastEnders forever, even if she isn't happy with that, just to make sure no one is written out alongside her?

If you have a problem with characters being written out, complain about TPTB, not Patsy.
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think just like any other job, she is allowed to leave it.

But, in my opinion, she should NEVER be allowed to act again, because she just can't. All you hear is that screechy foghorn of a voice that can blow a crater off the moon.

Find her a nice job somehwhere, where she is nicely behind the scenes, preferably with gaffer tape installed.

I wish Patsy all the best in future.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know she didn't already stay on for the last few years so those people could be in a job?

Because she hasn't said that but it could be true but its easier to hate someone than praise it seems.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abbottab wrote: »

But, in my opinion, she should NEVER be allowed to act again, because she just can't. All you hear is that screechy foghorn of a voice that can blow a crater off the moon.

Find her a nice job somehwhere, where she is nicely behind the scenes, preferably with gaffer tape installed.

BIB. that is harsh because she might get a different role that is different to Bianca
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB. that is harsh because she might get a different role that is different to Bianca

Harsh it may be. But Bianca is her downfall, you can never see her in another role without thinking of Bianca, that is why she has constantly been bouncing back to the soap. I do wish her well and hope she does find something.

But she is typecast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    They all got their jobs thanks to her returning to the role in the first place. It wasn't her decision to axe the rest of the Butcher/Spraggans and it's ludicrous to blame her for it.

I have said in another thread, Patsy should be admired for following her dreams not slated for no damn reason.

This. She's putting her family first I don't know why people hate on her.

She gave the likes of Whitney, Liam, Tiff,Morgan the chance to shine and have a job, giving them a step on the ladder.

They brought Carol back because bianca returned

Same as Terrys family.

the writers could have kept all if them on if they wanted too!
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What complete tosh - if TPTB had any desire to keep the actors & actresses you speak of, they would have devised a storyline that kept them in the show.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    It would interesting in the future to see whether she can play other characters who aren't cheap, scrag end skanks with no class whatsoever. Personally, I have my doubts.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abbottab wrote: »

She is acting a part though-and her character really does exist in real life. There are many foghorns and they have to be reflected.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Oh my days yet another of these stupid comments?! I'm guessing/hoping people saying such silly things are too young to understand how things work in the world of grown ups. Can't place your life on hold all the time for the sake of other people, especially when it comes to your professional life.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    We need to tweet and write to / email BBC. I'd rather Phil, Billy or Lola go than all those great characters.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the OP, not something I normally do. Does anyone really thing Palmer is going to end up anywhere other than Casualty?
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you stay at a job forever just to please other people? I think not.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All theses threads are getting tedious, She allowed to leave it's up to her, she didn't make the decision to write the others characters out it was TPTB but ultimately they felt they couldn't take them no further and decided to give her from the looks of it a 'happy ending' I'm sure viewers will get over it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    tbh, her coming back is pointless..ok it introduced Terry and his rabble, and Nickki..( when David was around ( he was another pointless character cos all he did was eat lol)..But Bianca has really done nothing, expect moan and screech in her Bianca voice..she has had a few laughs in the market with Kat, but that's about it..bored now of the Butchers anyway..i won't miss her, but i do wish the actress Pasty well in whatever she does
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with the OP, not something I normally do. Does anyone really thing Palmer is going to end up anywhere other than Casualty?

So you don't like Patsy Palmer neither?
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will gain some roles but Desdamona at the National isn't coming her away

She'll be typecast and people will be moved when she comes back
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    EE could have kept all the characters. They established a relationship between Terry ad Nicki and Terrys friendship with Alfie which could have been built on. Morgan and Tiffany would have left but could have stayed as recurring characters seeing their grandmother, Aunt and Brother & sister. The way kids hours work there would be little to no change in the amount of appearances.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    She should, not for that reason, but simply to stop the license allowances made for her have given other actors on the show to walk in and out every few months as they please.
  • Options
    dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be back she always comes back
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such bitterness and anger directed at Patsy Palmer by some people. If the writers can't find a credible way to keep other members of Bianca's family on the show, that's hardly Patsy's fault.

To be perfectly honest, I find the entitlement complexes of some 'fans' disturbing.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such bitterness and anger directed at Patsy Palmer by some people. If the writers can't find a credible way to keep other members of Bianca's family on the show, that's hardly Patsy's fault.

To be perfectly honest, I find the entitlement complexes of some 'fans' disturbing.

me too

surely all those saying the kids should stay and saying patsy is selfish and should never come back. errrr if she comes back then so would the kids!

no mother would just up and leave their kids so what is being done is right. Its not patsy's fault they were axed. why shouldnt she have ambition and leave her job for other things. thats life happens all the time
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to her. Life is fleeing. She may surprise us all and become the next Jim from Neighbours! We would all do the same in her shoes.