Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Just now on This Morning - OFFICIAL!!!

That's so disappointing
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Terrible news. >:(

I can only think the reason they've booked her is so ITV This Morning keep bigging her up and they get ITV viewers watching.
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »

I can only think the reason they've booked her is so ITV This Morning keep bigging her up and they get ITV viewers watching.

There's been someone from This Morning quite often now, for this very reason. Well, I assume for this reason, I don't watch it so I don't know if it's even mentioned on it!
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I'm glad there's some variety, instead of them all being young hot females. She also has a great personality. She'll be a great contestant.
    Forum Member
    I'm glad there's some variety, instead of them all being young hot females. She also has a great personality. She'll be a great contestant.

In my opinion she'll be as annoying as Richard Arnold.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Excellent news, I really like Alison so I am glad she's going to be on it. :)
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey,another pro dancer going to be out with a bad back:o
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This years joke contestant sorted then

No doubt they'll have her flying one week like they do with all fat contestants. Hopefully the British public will boot her off as soon as possible
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just googled her name and still none the wiser!!!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I've just googled her name and still none the wiser!!!

I believe she was a Big Brother contestant back in one of the early series :confused: she also does something on This Morning I think - not sure what as I dont watch it

that probably doesnt help you at all - sorry :blush:
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the classic signing from BBC to keep ITV happy. They always have someone from the network on the show. Anyway Alison is a fabulous signing. She is really bubbly and a good laugh.
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have our winner. I hear Alison is an excellent dancer.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to Google her but recognised her face.

Based on this, she is good at interviewing and will do OK on Strictly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A7coIoC8S8
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    She was second evicted in the 3rd Series - the "Jade Goody" year, (so she had a lucky escape bearing in mind the horrible atmosphere later on in that particular house) and did quite a few filmed reports for Big brother's Little Brother, which she was very good at.

She also appears to have been a child actress - the old Central TV childrens programme unit used local children from the Birmingham area - so she might have gone to stage school and be a "dirty rotten ringer" !!!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Blimey,another pro dancer going to be out with a bad back:o

American Smooth :o. I can put up with her more than one or two of the rumoured names, but so far underwhelmed.
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are they confirming people already? do they do this every year?
  • Liam1999Liam1999 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was also on I'm A Celebrity in 2010 but was eliminated in a bushtucker trial against playboy model Kayla Collins
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Liam1999 wrote: »
    She was also on I'm A Celebrity in 2010 but was eliminated in a bushtucker trial against playboy model Kayla Collins

Does your username imply that you were born in 1999? If so you were three when Alison was in Big Brother. I feel positively ANCIENT in comparison!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »

She's a nice lady but would not like to be bigged up.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alison's personality! She just seems a bit of a flat name to be on Strictly. She was evicted second on BB, she was in the bottom two during the second vote on IAC and lost in a bushtucker trial.. I wonder if she'll be second out in this!
    Forum Member
    I hope so.
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    Had to Google her but recognised her face.

Based on this, she is good at interviewing and will do OK on Strictly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A7coIoC8S8

Thanks, fatskia. She looks like being a lot of fun and I'm trying not to hate her purely because she has been in the same room as so many of my favourite GORGEOUS men!

Envy is a terrible sin...
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    It's the classic signing from BBC to keep ITV happy. They always have someone from the network on the show. Anyway Alison is a fabulous signing. She is really bubbly and a good laugh.

Strictly always seemed to have a good relationship with GMTV, nearly every year there was someone from GMTV, who all knew they were terrible and were good sports.

Then we had Daybreak, and Dickie Arnold, up until the revamp with Aled - who had already done it - and Lorraine who doesn't even turn up to do her own show.

Since ITV poached Susanna Reid, presumably on the back of her Strictly success, we can assume that GMB will not be supplying anyone to do Strictly. It would appear that the producers of This Morning have no qualms about garnering publicity for their show.

It could even be that that some of the former producers of GMTV are now on This Morning.

Soap Producer Bryan Kirkwood has always provided actors from the various soaps he was producing - but then he refused to give them any extra time off, so they fizzled out during their Strictly time (Scott Maslen, Ashley Taylor Dawson etc)
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but she is turning into rent a celeb having recently done Celebrity Masterchef. Just wondering if Robin's replacement Trent Whiddon will get her. :o
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will be this years 'Marmite' contestant.