URGENT - Can you buy National Express Coach tickets from a ticket machine at Victoria

Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
Forum Member
HELP!

The other half is in London and cant get to the ticket office at Victoria before it shuts at 10

Are there self service ticket machines there for him to make a booking on a coach tonight?

Quick help needed! Cant find an answer anywhere!

Comments

• georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I was at Victoria coach station last weekend and I didn't see any self service machines. Sorry. Here's a link to the station facilities page.

If he has a phone with web access, could he book a ticket online and ask them to send it as an m-ticket (text message)?
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Hi, I was at Victoria coach station last weekend and I didn't see any self service machines. Sorry. Here's a link to the station facilities page.

If he has a phone with web access, could he book a ticket online and ask them to send it as an m-ticket (text message)?

He hasnt got his ****in phone with him, thats the problem!

Any Internet cafes round there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I don't remember any machines but haven't been there in a while. If it's for National Express, *I think* you can buy full-price tickets from the driver but I would imagine it's only if there are free seats after the pre-booked passengers get on.

Edit: see here: http://help.nationalexpress.com/help/booking/where_buy

I know there are other companies operating from there though.
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could you book it on his behalf?
    Forum Member
    For National Express it seems to also be possible to book for someone else as Hugsie is suggesting: http://help.nationalexpress.com/help/booking/someone_else_credit_card1

Edit: scrap that as the lines seem to be closed, but anyway it is still possible to buy from the driver. All I know is it's not a good idea to run up at the last minute and try that as I some some very upset looking people get turned away from our coach even when there were a few minutes spare last time I was on one, I felt sorry for them.
    Forum Member
    hugsie wrote: »
    could you book it on his behalf?

Yes but how does he collect it?

The ticket office shut at 10, he has no mobile, no printer!
    Forum Member
    Can't he buy from the driver?
    Forum Member
    *_ellie_* wrote: »
    Can't he buy from the driver?

I dont know! Website doesnt seem to suggest that.

Anyone?
    Forum Member
    http://help.nationalexpress.com/help/booking/where_buy
    You can also purchase one way, day return and open dated return tickets from the driver on the day, subject to seat availability.
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know! Website doesnt seem to suggest that.

Anyone?

If he gets there in time and there are empty seats on the coach yes he can buy a full priced ticket from the driver.
    Forum Member
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    If he gets there in time and there are empty seats on the coach yes he can buy a full priced ticket from the driver.

Fantastic, he will have to sod his half price disabled (partially sighted) discount!

Love you all. Will let you know how he gets on later tonight, he had to get from Wimbledon to Victoria for 2330 to get the coach, fell out with people he had gone to see and couldnt wait until his return coach tomorrow night.
    Forum Member
    Actually now I seem to remember one time when I ran out of printer ink about half an hour before setting off, they let me travel by giving only the booking reference number but that was a couple of years ago, perhaps I was just lucky. I really have no idea whether that would work now and also who knows whether you have time to book a ticket online and somehow get the details to him. It seems like that would be a massive risk.
    Forum Member
    *_ellie_* wrote: »
    Actually now I seem to remember one time when I ran out of printer ink about half an hour before setting off, they let me travel by giving only the booking reference number but that was a couple of years ago, perhaps I was just lucky. I really have no idea whether that would work now and also who knows whether you have time to book a ticket online and somehow get the details to him. It seems like that would be a massive risk.

Plus it would be a waste of money if they didnt allow it, the driver at this time of night could be a right arse.

I told him to ring me from a payphone once he got to Victoria and sussed out if he could buy a ticket. He hasnt yet :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic, he will have to sod his half price disabled (partially sighted) discount!

Love you all. Will let you know how he gets on later tonight, he had to get from Wimbledon to Victoria for 2330 to get the coach, fell out with people he had gone to see and couldnt wait until his return coach tomorrow night.
    That's not good.
    Forum Member
    He just rang me and he is booked on the 2330 to Sheffield. He found an Internet cafe and bought a ticket online and printed it off.

Apparantly its packed! Even at that time! Bizarre.

Cheers for your assistance.