Any devious maids fans?

gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone else is a fan of devious maids? I have just season the season 3 finale and it is amazing. I hope there is a season 4.

Comments

• MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I love Devious Maids! It prompted me to binge-watch Desperate Housewives, which I'm enjoying even more than the first time round :)
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it.

Although they claim it is a "Desperate Houseives spin off" I fail to see any similarities between the premise of the two programmes and the only link I see is that Eva Longoria is a producer on DM.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabulous finale :D
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote: »
    I love it.

Although they claim it is a "Desperate Houseives spin off" I fail to see any similarities between the premise of the two programmes and the only link I see is that Eva Longoria is a producer on DM.

Marc Cherry created both shows.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it, there are some great characters!
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a small link but the character of Carmen Luna was in DH. In the very last episode Carlos hired a female gardener, called Carmen to make Gabi jealous. She was played by the same actress as Carmen In DM,
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a small link but the character of Carmen Luna was in DH. In the very last episode Carlos hired a female gardener, called Carmen to make Gabi jealous. She was played by the same actress as Carmen In DM,

The actress who plays Evelyn Powell Rebecca Wisocky played Bree's mum in a flashback episode too. I think she is a great actress and very friendly to fans. The whole cast seems to get on very well and they spend time with each other outside work.

Glad to see the show has fans here. I don't know if there will be a season 4 but the show has been great so far. I just wish the DVDs were easier to get over here. Season 2 hasn't been released on dvd at all so I will have to buy it on iTunes.
  • RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Evelyn's husband was in D.H in the early days!

Great entertainment. :-)
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few tenuous connections to be sure.

But nothing to suggest "spin off" in the proper sense.

Like Private Practice to Gray's.

Or Knot's Landing to Dallas.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    It was a brilliant finale by jaw dropped so many times! I'm glad I stuck with it after season 2, for me this has been the best season. Sad it's over :(
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Devious Maids! It's a lot of fun, doesn't take itself too seriously and has loads of twists and turns.
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad I found this thread, didn't realise there was a season 3, have started watching it, loving it so far, I really like Evelyn!:::)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly an uneventful season.

Not impressed with the writing on this show. Once again, the season finale just rashly resolves everything.
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Mostly an uneventful season.
    Are you talking about series 3?

I'm currently watching S3 on TLC and I am really enjoying it. The Powells are hilarious. I think the only similarity between DM and DH is that the storylines revolve around secrets, but DM is much funnier, even the boyfriend enjoys watching it!
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love this show, they definitely know how to do cliffhangers! Adrian & Evelyn Powell are by far my favourites.

A few people saying they are sad its over, has a decision been made on its future yet?
  • Marsh.Marsh. Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Petingo wrote: »
    I love it.

The main characters are a group of 4 female friends. There's an overarching "mystery" to each season and the show is a campy OTT dramedy. There are LOTS of similarities.
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    It was a brilliant finale by jaw dropped so many times! I'm glad I stuck with it after season 2, for me this has been the best season. Sad it's over :(

The finale was fab,am sad its over to, they must do another one,so many loose ends!
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rianne wrote: »
    Are you talking about series 3?

I'm currently watching S3 on TLC and I am really enjoying it. The Powells are hilarious. I think the only similarity between DM and DH is that the storylines revolve around secrets, but DM is much funnier, even the boyfriend enjoys watching it!

It remains an amusing show. But the inciting moments don't ever have big payoffs: The killer, maid death, etc. So maybe "Uneventful" was the wrong word, but it still remains lacklustre.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I had the first season of this to watch but I didn't get past the first episode or perhaps the second. I thought it was a less superior version of Desperate Housewives.