Options

Week 1 (no spoiler included!)

kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
Forum Member
✭✭
I really enjoyed week 1; I must admit I knew practically none of the celebs, but that isn't always such a bad thing as it means no pre-conceived ideas!

Overall - for me - I didn't think any one celeb stood out from all the rest as being a real fore-runner, and likewise I didn't think anyone was really bad, and appreciated the fact that no one seemed overly twee (as has happened in the past on both dwts & scd) and that everyone really put their all into it.

My only criticism was (unsually for dwts) the music! Although some of the VWs were ok, the cha chas were so fast they bordered on the ridiculous, and I found this really bizarre. American Rhythm rumbas are slightly faster than International style (as danced on scd) but the American Rhythm CCCs are slower - so why the frantic speed?

Good show though, and look forward to next week.

Comments

• Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    one of the things I like about DWTS is the camera work. 99,99% of the dance is seen in full body shot, which in my view is exactly how it should be done.

and I like Brooke Burke, I think she's better than Tess, although she attracts similar criticism in the US
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    What was the music of the pro dance?
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which dance? Are you talking about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPFTg1za0d8&feature=related

The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Thank you... That one.

Not into Lady Gaga music but might have guessed as she has come up with some crackers (for dancing purposes).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    Hi, is anyone posting links this year, I can't find any. Usually a few people do so we can see it before it's shown on Watch
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the links.
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    You can find them on The Blue Room.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »

I wondered where you'd gone.

I was relying on you:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yay, there you are, founds links, thanks so much for doing it, so much better than waiting a week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where is that?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hi, i'd never 'blue roomed' either but it's actually quite easy to find and use. Google blue room and it's all there, there's quite a bit about DWTS
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member

You can find it here www. theblueroom. me. uk/ forum/

Just leave the gaps out! :)

Sorry I'm not putting the links on here as well but it's just a bit too time consuming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link FT:)
    I'll look over there when I get chance,
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed week 1. I'd never heard of lots of them, but my favourites were Chynna & Tony (very elegant), the young girl with Mark Ballas (I've forgotten her name, but that was really good), and Chaz, who was surprisingly bouncy and light on his feet.

I watched the first night of DWTS just before Strictly's first episode, and what really struck me is just how much more I enjoy the US version. To me, it is the equivalent of Len's ballroom dances where they come straight out, get into hold, and get on with it, compared to Strictly being the equivalent of Len's much detested dance where they come out, faff around with a bed/desk/swing/hatstand for several bars and then posture a bit before getting on with it. I think Tom & Brooke are a million times better than Bruce and Tess - Tom doesn't waffle and waste time, he doesn't make his jokes all about himself. Brooke can be a bit inane, but not nearly so much as Tess. The judges too seem far more credible to me than on Strictly, far less of the arguing and the wildly different scoring, and far less likely to wildly overscore. On Strictly, it often strikes me that they've decided in advance who is going to be good or not. And when Len re-uses his comments from one show to the next, I think that's really cheap! I can't believe that he said Chynna's dance was "not the best first dance ever, but close to it" and then said exactly the same to Holly Valance - there was a world of difference between them!
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Oh, I missed week one:( I didn't know it had started:cry: Can anyone tell me what night it is on and what channel please.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Oh, I missed week one:( I didn't know it had started:cry: Can anyone tell me what night it is on and what channel please.:)

It's shown on WATCH (channel 109 Sky) at 9.00 on Monday nights, but it's also repeated I think on Tuesday nights, and maybe even on a Saturday (it used to be Sat mornings).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info Kaycee :) It looks like i've missed the repeats for week 1 then :( I will watch week 2 though on Monday night, cheers! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info Kaycee :) It looks like i've missed the repeats for week 1 then :( I will watch week 2 though on Monday night, cheers! :cool:

you can pick up all the dances on youtube, it's where I get them...just put the couples names into the search box. there were some great dances for week 1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    you can pick up all the dances on youtube, it's where I get them...just put the couples names into the search box. there were some great dances for week 1

Thanks Mrs F :) I will do that. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Mrs F :) I will do that. :cool:

Whatever you do make sure you find Carson ???'s (sorry can't remember his surname) cha cha. We laughed till we fell off our chairs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Whatever you do make sure you find Carson ???'s (sorry can't remember his surname) cha cha. We laughed till we fell off our chairs!

I loved that dance,best entertainment in ages hope he stays in a while
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    I loved that dance,best entertainment in ages hope he stays in a while

Carson Kressley:D
    I thought it was a brilliant dance as well, and deservedly got the encore dance.

Plus I think Carson is a hoot, you dont know what he's going to say next!