BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Morning All :)
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sounds very good, think our temperature yesterday just about managed to struggle up to 14c :(
    :eek::eek:
    Really? Bloody hell!

I just hope this isn't our summer tho'!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »

Morning Arte. :)
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Morning Arte :D
    Scots rool wrote: »
    :eek::eek:
    Really? Bloody hell!

I just hope this isn't our summer tho'!

It may well be :D

One of the blackbirds in the garden has taken a liking to the bristle mat we keep outside the backdoor, good nesting material and he spends ages pulling out the bristles, getting a beakful and flying off and then coming back for another lot, it will be bald before he has finished :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the blackbirds in the garden has taken a liking to the bristle mat we keep outside the backdoor, good nesting material and he spends ages pulling out the bristles, getting a beakful and flying off and then coming back for another lot, it will be bald before he has finished :D
    Wouldn't bloomin' surprise me! :eek:

Awwwww so cute. :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

: D
    Morning EddyBee.:)
    Love this time of year when we start getting longer daylight hours :D

Morning Hicky :D

Think we are getting some sun today but nothing that can be called a scorcher unfortunately :D

Morning Eddy :D
    Well it says 17 this afternoon Min & Max & Windchill.:D
    Of course, that's only in the shade.
    Morning Hicky :)

Good for you, fortunately we don't all feel the same way. :p

Morning Eddy :D
    Was wondering what you needed the light for in the mornings?
    Morning All : )
    Morning Arte.:)
    Forum Member

They are very clean birds, they are putting a bristle mat outside of the nest to keep their feet clean before going in.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Morning EddyBee.:)

Well it says 17 this afternoon Min & Max & Windchill.:D
    Of course, that's only in the shade.

Was wondering what you needed the light for in the mornings?

Morning Arte.:)

For me it means no turning lights on in the morning, strolling round the garden, its altogether a lot more pleasant than dark mornings.
    Forum Member
    It already gets dark here early so the extra hour of daylight in the evening, makes no discernible difference. Give me lighter mornings any day!
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello again:D
    'tis daylight between 6:30 and 7am and dark between 6:30 and 7pm...all year round.....very, very boring:rolleyes:
    Having said that, it's gone very dark outside and the thunder is rumbling ominously..I suspect we're about to get a bit wet:D
    OH has arrived in Turkey and kids are at school, Thai lesson done so time for a wee kip :D no tennis this evening, I am being a vaguely sensible hector for now..at least until I get bored anyway:D

EDIT ..I'm aware I may not have phrased the daylight/dark bit terribly well for the more pedantically or literally minded amongst us but I can't be bothered changing it:p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    'tis daylight between 6:30 and 7am and dark between 6:30 and 7pm...all year round.....very, very boring:rolleyes:
    Having said that, it's gone very dark outside and the thunder is rumbling ominously..I suspect we're about to get a bit wet:D
    OH has arrived in Turkey and kids are at school, Thai lesson done so time for a wee kip :D no tennis this evening, I am being a vaguely sensible hector for now..at least until I get bored anyway:D

EDIT ..I'm aware I may not have phrased the daylight/dark bit terribly well for the more pedantically or literally minded amongst us but I can't be bothered changing it:p:D

Think most of us twigged what you meant halla :D
    Forum Member
    For me it means no turning lights on in the morning, strolling round the garden, its altogether a lot more pleasant than dark mornings.
    Sunrise is 5.58am what time do you want to walk around the garden?

Think it was the same in Singapore, always seemed to go dark early.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunrise is 5.58am what time do you want to walk around the garden?

Think it was the same in Singapore, always seemed to go dark early.

Well as I am quite often up by 4.30 any time after that really :D
    Forum Member

Same here, though I'm a lazy beggar and often stay in bed until 5 - 5.30.......:p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, though I'm a lazy beggar and often stay in bed until 5 - 5.30.......:p:p

Disgraceful :eek::D
    Forum Member
    What for, may i ask?:eek:
    Disgraceful :eek::D
    Is it?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What for, may i ask?:eek:

Is it?:D

I get away with very little sleep and once I am awake i want to get up, simple as that really :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone.:)
    I was just about to watch a film about WW2 and there was a labradoodle in the first minute. :rolleyes: I am sure this cross cant have been common then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just about to watch a film about WW2 and there was a labradoodle in the first minute. :rolleyes: I am sure this cross cant have been common then?

Morning honey :D

Heres an interesting article about the labradoodle http://www.globalanimal.org/2010/12/02/man-who-created-labradoodles-regrets-the-cross-breed/25768/
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

I can see why he is annoyed but there are unscrupulous breeders with every type. According to Wikipedia, Sir Donald Cambell used the name in 1955 in his book.
    I am not sure i see the point of them because a "pet" labrador has a very different temperament to a poodle, but the character cant be guaranteed so if you don't mind a poodle nature, just get a poodle so you have no doubt about the fur.
    Or maybe the multi generational crosses are more stable in nature?
    They are beautiful dogs though, that's for sure. :)
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning all. Better weather today than yesterday which was more than a little chilly.
    Anyone have special hopes and plans for the week?
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning all:D
    Ugh, knackered, lousy sleep last night, weird dreams involving sawing off my own toes:eek: and sitting exams:cry:....anxiety dreams much:rolleyes::D - when alarm went off I was so sure it was the middle of the night i checked the time on three different things.....not the best start to the week:rolleyes:
    On my second coffee, still feeling steam-rollered:(

Hi halla - sorry about the bad night and horrible dreams, it'll take a while for you to get your head around it. Once you've come to a conclusion or made a decision, you'll start to feel better. Exams is always my severe anxiety dream - when I turn over the paper it's a subject I've never studied:rolleyes:

Morning all........BAH! Back to dark mornings again. :rolleyes:

I rarely see dark mornings:cool: Easily solved - get up later!
    Forum Member
    I get away with very little sleep and once I am awake i want to get up, simple as that really :D

You are Margaret Thatcher and I claim my £10.
    Forum Member

Very interesting - I had no idea that's why they were originally bred. I actually don't find them attractive dogs, they're too much like the standard poodle which I've never found pleasing to look at. We know 2 families who have labradoodles and I must say they have lovely natures and are good family pets, but they don't appeal to me at all.
    Forum Member
    Don't you get sleepy in the afternoon then?
    Morning Honey.:)
    Whose side was he on?
    Littsis wrote: »
    Good morning all. Better weather today than yesterday which was more than a little chilly.
    Anyone have special hopes and plans for the week?
    Morning Littsis.:)

Just nice weather, good food and great medication.:D
This discussion has been closed.