• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Excited! Begins on Monday on E4 at 9pm.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully revenge is repeated on saturday at 4.30pm so i can watch it then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Been looking forward to this for months. Need something new to watch and this sounds like just the thing :)
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been going on about this show since like last October, I've got half my office watching it because they were so sick of me going on about it they now need to see it for themselves lol
  • Options
    DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like it so far tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I am currently watching at US pace but thought I'd revisit the E4 showing tonight. WOW!!!! This is what TV is missing, Thought I wouldn't enjoy it as much but still as gripping. Stick with it people. - It will definitely fill the void once the Desperate Housewives leaves
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone notice Connor Paulo's junk in the beach scene? :o
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it! It was quite confusing at first (so many similar looking characters), and it was quite difficult trying to work out who everybody was. But I 'got it' towards the end. I can't wait for next week, now :D

My only vice was the amount of bloody ad breaks :mad: There seemed to be an ad break every 10 minutes...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt really enjoy it :( ill give it a few more eps as the reviews look really good on this.
  • Options
    Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    did anyone notice Connor Paulo's junk in the beach scene? :o

I suppose I'll have to watch that scene again to check.

What a chore! :p:D

Revenge has definitely hooked me in, I loved the Victoria/Lydia scene where Lydia won the painting and Victoria is all bitchy in her speech. Pure soapy drama!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gave this a watch tonight and to be honest i'm not sure about it. The first quarter of an hour it felt like i was watching something out of Desperate Housewives, it had such a soapy feel to it but after a while things began to warm up and it became interesting. I did like Madeline Stowe, she plays a bitch to perfection.

The thing i found most annoying was Amanda's best friend. Is she British and that accent of hers is real or is she an American putting on the accent? Everytime she spoke i wanted to switch off. Like i said, really annoying! I'll give it another watch just to see what happens next.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I really liked it. Looks right up my street. Should fill the Desperate Housewives void nicely.
  • Options
    Swift_89Swift_89 Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    The thing i found most annoying was Amanda's best friend. Is she British and that accent of hers is real or is she an American putting on the accent? Everytime she spoke i wanted to switch off. Like i said, really annoying! I'll give it another watch just to see what happens next.

She is British.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ashley feels like a spare part at first but as it goes on she becomes more of a main player and actually pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show will only get better with each episode, dont let episode 1 overlook that

I really like this show...... so glad its on Uk, get to watch it now on tv screen lol

Josh Bowman who plays Daniel is alos british obviously doing an american accent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I thought the first 3 quarters of it were good, but nothing special. The last quarter was amazing though, and I can't wait for next week's episode :)
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    Gave this a watch tonight and to be honest i'm not sure about it. The first quarter of an hour it felt like i was watching something out of Desperate Housewives, it had such a soapy feel to it but after a while things began to warm up and it became interesting. I did like Madeline Stowe, she plays a bitch to perfection.

She's British, she's been in UK Living series Bedlam amongst other things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Densino wrote: »
    Don't like it so far tbh

Honestly, give it a couple more episodes before you decide. It really does get better. The characters all try to manipulate each other and there's a corruption back story to it all.

Once Emily starts her revenge it gets great. It starts off as a revenge of the week series but then drops that and just develops the story arc every episode.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this show be edited for the 4.30pm showing on saturday?
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She is British as others have said.

When I saw her initially, I kept thinking of her as Bambi in Secret Diary of A Call Girl. She has done well for herself "across the pond".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    She is British as others have said.

When I saw her initially, I kept thinking of her as Bambi in Secret Diary of A Call Girl. She has done well for herself "across the pond".

She really has, considering there are much better actors/actresses than her who never get a break.
    She made a good choice auditioning for Revenge. I don't think even ABC expected it to be the runaway success that it has been. It will do her career no harm!
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this, looks like an interesting story.

I was amused that in the scene where the bank officials came to the waterside bar to give notice of foreclosure, in the background there was a 1969 Rock-Ola 433 vinyl jukebox, because I have one of these myself.
    Vinyl jukeboxes occasionally appear in the background of sets in other contemporary dramas, like "Gossip Girl" and "Justified." But in the age of i-pods they seem to make very little economic sense and are probably there as a bit of "set dressing."
  • Options
    ddarkoddarko Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    She really has, considering there are much better actors/actresses than her who never get a break.

She has the tendency to purse her lips and suck in her cheeks whenever she is trying to demonstrate her character is scheming but it looks to me like she is sucking a lemon.

She's not the only Brit on the show - according to imdb, Daniel/Joshua Bowman was born in Berkshire and educated at Wellington College.
  • Options
    DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, give it a couple more episodes before you decide. It really does get better. The characters all try to manipulate each other and there's a corruption back story to it all.

Once Emily starts her revenge it gets great. It starts off as a revenge of the week series but then drops that and just develops the story arc every episode.
    Oh I will give it a fe more episodes since I was really looking forward to it for a long time :)

Does anyone know the name of the song that was played throughout the episode? Mainly during the flashbacks?
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Oh I will give it a fe more episodes since I was really looking forward to it for a long time :)

Does anyone know the name of the song that was played throughout the episode? Mainly during the flashbacks?

The music from the series is listed here:

http://www.wetpaint.com/revenge/articles/revenge-music-songs-from-the-abc-series