Options

The Team Factor Series #1

1363738394042»

Comments

• Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Alexos wrote: »
    Can you both give some examples of how you've addressed the judges' criticisms of you, both in this task, and throughout the series?

Well one of the main things that was criticised when I was in the BR was my constant use of quirky indie acts and as soon as I got that criticism I immediately decided I wouldn't do that for the next task. Ironically that task was the final and I honestly think that the piece of advice you judges gave me was a fantastic piece of advice as it managed to allow me to really show what I can do and I think show some of my best choices in the whole series. You also said I needed to be more offensive rather than defence and I think in the semi I was quite offensive with certain things from the other judges which again was a good piece of advice and I really think I have taken the advice and become better because of it so I do thank you judges for that
  • Options
    jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Alexos wrote: »
    Can you both give some examples of how you've addressed the judges' criticisms of you, both in this task, and throughout the series?

This task, I went in with the criticism that I made things all about me. I responded to this by asking at least one member of my advisory team for approval on just about everything I did before I went through with a song selection. I told everyone at the start of the task to think that this was week 1, and we were a group of people trying to make it through to week 2 together. That's how I wanted our dynamic to be and I think I achieved that. Even though this task WAS "all about me" because it was my finale task, it wouldn't have sat well with me if I didn't use my advisory committee to the fullest of their capacity.

I also think I've received criticism throughout the series about picking songs just to pick them, which I feel I responded to by trying to take risks with acts and make different and unique choices for who and what I selected. I think I have a really diverse sent of songs under my belt and a more diverse group of acts, so I think I have taken this critique into account as well.

I value everything that the judges say and I wish there were more tasks to respond to what Aliyah and Rory suggested this week for me with even better song choices!
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally, can you both give a final plea as to why you are a True Star.
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Well all I can say is that out of everybody in this competition I think I have gone on the biggest journey from the start of my games to the end of my games. At the start I was the lowest of the low and was a stand in judge on an horrendous show, then by luck I got onto another show midway through and managed to win. My next show I was put in again part way through and in that one I learned what it was to choose a song which had the style and tone of the artist which I give a massive thank to SacredDiablo and Kev because they really helped me. Then The Voice Factor where I really learned how much I could do when I start a show from the start. Then with Mix Factor where I finally think I nailed it and knew what to do for the contestant I was mentoring. Now this show where I have come up the ranks and become a real contender and as you have said I am the underdog! I am the one not many people expected this from and went from being a "Nube" as I know some people called me in my early days to being a real contender against the top people of the game forum and think I really have proven myself.

Even in this competition I think I have really improved massively with my song choices and being against the best of the best really did help me get my choices to top dog standard which again thank you for. When I started I didn't think I'd get one True Star let a lone 5 and the same with wins! I was just hoping to get through each week but then I am winning a lot of the tasks due to not only my song choices but also my team working skills as well and also having the best record overall with 1 more win than Justin and 1 less true star but he has been second to bottom on more than one occasion whilst I have only ever been near the bottom in the quarter final when I lost.

I think I am just the definition of what can happen when you listen to your critics. I went from horrendous song choices and being a stand in judge to choosing some great choices and being in the final of a show which had judges who were the best of the best! That is why I believe I should win and thank you for your time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well. I am a True Star for several reasons:

1) I have more True Stars than anyone else in the competition ever. I think this shows how much I have been noticed for picking songs and for standing out from the crowd.

2) I have proven myself to be an effective team leader. This is Team Factor, after all, and I have saved my team a lot of times. While I have been criticized for being self centered and at times micromanaging, these have never been a huge issue and I have responded to and adapted my playing style to combat these fears and critiques.

3) One person needs to win, and that person should be me. I have had more dedication and more drive to finish on top than arguably anyone else here, and I have pushed myself to the limits to produce a repertoire of songs and acts that I am proud of and will always be fond of. I have pushed myself consistently out of my comfort zone and have really made a name for myself here. People have remembered my songs weak after week. The judges themselves have said I have had some of the best choices of the competition, and I think I can name at least one song from every task that has been near universally praised that I, at the very least, was a part of selecting.

What do 2 Shoes, Diamond White, James Michael, Maria Lawson, One Direction, and Nikitta Angus all have in common? They were mentored by me. They were mentored successfully by me. And I think that it is time for me to make my ascent to the top of the stratosphere.

This isn't to say that Jack is undeserving. In fact, he has been my biggest ally and competition throughout this process, and I couldn't have imagined being here without him. I do think, however, that I have really stood out, both in this task and on others in the past, where he has had more of a supporting role. I do think that Jack plays it safe a lot more than I do, and while he left his comfort zone for Melanie this week, his songs for her ended up being monotonous and one sided. I think that in terms of diversity and ability, I have really surpassed Jack with my efforts.

In short, I think I am the Truest of the True Stars. I shine bright like a diamond, so to speak, and my efforts and successes have been consistently noted. I am consistent, unafraid to take a chance, and, most importantly, have proven myself to be an amazing mentor who still has more room to grow and give.

Good luck, Jack. I honestly can say that I would be honored to come second to you. You've supported and inspired me throughout this competition, and I can't thank you enough for being a friend and an ally through the process. May the best J win - I think you're incredible and have a lot left to give to DS in terms of your mentoring.
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all, best of luck to both Justin and Jack :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you both. The judges and public have come to a decision...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was not an easy decision. Both of you have impressed us throughout the series. One of you was particularly impressive tonight, but another has been more consistently strong. This is why we had a dilemma.

However, the viewers and judges agree on the final result...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JACK!

Congratulations, you are the winner of Series #1 of The Team Factor! You are a True Star!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    YAY JACK!!!!!!!! So happy for you :) You're amazing.

Thanks so much to everyone who has been on my team and supported me throughout the competition - I'm really honored to have made it this far. I honesty thought I was out week 3 or 4, so this was a surprise and a blessing. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, well done to our winner, Jack :)

Commiserations to our runner-up, Justin, who was also a worthy finalist! Thanks to everyone who took part throughout the game (even those who quit :p), everyone who came back as a fourth/fifth judge after being eliminated, Jess, Nail, Zak, David, Dylan & Kevin for helping the top two in the final task, all our viewers who voted throughout the series, and of course Rory & Aliyah for writing such fantastic comments every week, and putting up with me!

This is the last game I shall be hosting for a while, and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. I'm sure it won't be long until someone thinks up something brand new for us all to get our teeth into, so see you all in whatever game that turns out to be :3
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Jack! You've been amazing throughout so this is definitely well deserved :D Well done on 2nd as well Justin, also very well deserved :D And thank you Alex, Aliyah and Rory for everything you've done and making it such a great game :D
  • Options
    r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Jack! You were great all throughout the competition and loved your final piece!

Well done to Justin too, very worthy runner up!

And thanks to my fellow judges Alex and Aliyah for a great competition! :D
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congraaaats Jack!! You nicked it in the last moment!

Thanks to all the players that have endured my wrath (tehe) (especially you zak ;)), lol nah seriously its been a pleasure to be part of this and workingwith rory and alex has been amaze even tho rory and I disagreed ...nearly all the time lol

Congrts again to jack and second place justin!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I`ve just come back from holiday!! Congrats to Jack!! :D