The BBC WM 95.6 Thread (part 2)

Comments

• dbaplaya1dbaplaya1 Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    sunny and shay & richie anderson must be very cheap to employ as they are utter cack and id rather listen to silence than have them on. It's a pity as the station is pretty good apart from these 3 doing their media studies work experience live on air.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was Goldie doing on his holiday was the main listener interaction topic on the Brekky Show this morning.

Body boarding, I believe, was the answer.

Can't see Goldie as the Hoff personally.:D

' Me' Daz Hale in for Pete Morgan, with Mollie in for the Scouser & current flavour of the month, Richie Anderson in for Caroline Martin.

Now doing 'BBC Radio Leeds' across England tonight is Sadie Nine.

Why is the name familiar?
  • phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    What was Goldie doing on his holiday was the main listener interaction topic on the Brekky Show this morning.

Body boarding, I believe, was the answer.

Can't see Goldie as the Hoff personally.:D

' Me' Daz Hale in for Pete Morgan, with Mollie in for the Scouser & current flavour of the month, Richie Anderson in for Caroline Martin.

Now doing 'BBC Radio Leeds' across England tonight is Sadie Nine.

Why is the name familiar?

Sadie Nine presents the weekday lunchtime show on BBC Essex. So possibly tonight's show between 19.00 - 22.00 is coming from London rather than Leeds as it is closer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I just hear a comment on air that Michelle Dawes is expecting again?

If true, wonder who will get the Sunday brekky slot?

Surely not the 'flavour of the month'?
  • connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Did I just hear a comment on air that Michelle Dawes is expecting again?

If true, wonder who will get the Sunday brekky slot?

Surely not the 'flavour of the month'?
    I hope it will be Mike Taylor or Kathryn Stanczyszyn who takes over; I just hope it's not the "flavour of the month".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Old' Voice is back then.

(Along with Debi!)

Just thought. Havent heard Nicole Pullman for sometime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See Ed Doolan provided some archive material for the Big Centre Tv Tiswas repeats.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note Chiara Glorioso is doing travel this morning on Wm.

(And good morning to the miserable ***** on Tv Forum & Metropol as well as last time she was mentioned on DS by me, I got a slagging off on Metropol! Bunch of hypocrites!)
  • ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbaplaya1 wrote: »
    sunny and shay & richie anderson must be very cheap to employ as they are utter cack and id rather listen to silence than have them on. It's a pity as the station is pretty good apart from these 3 doing their media studies work experience live on air.

Agree it is a pretty good line up in the week for local radio, Goldie superb, Kelly very amusing guy, Caroline a master of her job, Shay might be ok on her own, her husband is a buffoon and Anderson is hospital radio at best.

Beats Radio Derby though even though they could do with one or two more quality presenters.
    Forum Member
    Listened to Pete Morgan sitting in for Richie talentless son (Anderson) and what a pleasant experience! A good mix of serious and light hearted. He did a prober phone inn and got a lot of calls rather than doing silly little games and didn't try to fit loads of music in. He got more than double the amount of calls Richie gets, I think that says something! Why is this man doing a early morning music show when WM have Danny Kelly doing the mid morning show and Richie doing the Saturday morning show.

We need to hear more of him doing phone in shows. Apart from Goldberg, he is the only one who can do serious phone in out of all the WM presenters.

Unfortunately, I didn't think the WM boss will like is show and he probably won't get to do a show like this again. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they split frequencies for the footy, why must they crash in & out on the Wolves DAB?

Surely they could play a jingle then opt out/in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone done this Big Hoot in Birmingham?

Theres a few in the Mailbox at the Beeb so me, bro & sister went over there.

Now my bro got talking to the BBC security guard there about them.

I happened to notice the guy's name tag, which was Basil, which made me remember something from years back.

Turned out he was the Basil, Mollie occasionally mentioned on her Early Show shifts.

I got my bro to take a pic of me & Basil & 3 guesses where that photo will be appearing next Saturday morning!

(I did get Basil's ok to do it by the way!)
    Forum Member
    Has anyone else noticed that Malcolm in Bournville only ever talks about petitioners?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca Wood making a rare appearance on Wm, reading the news bulletins.

(Surprised there has been no Sophie Ellis Bextor on the playlist as our Becky does have a passing resembalance!)

Those of you who were listening last week would have noticed the 'debacle' with In The Name Of Nora'.

Last weeks entrant eventually appeared this week, due to being wrongfully arrested(honest!) last week!

(It would have to happen on a Mollie presented show LOL)
    Forum Member
    Mollie got BBC WM's news editor, Chris Blakemore to do the competition last week, he was playing his face (yes that right, his face)! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Richard Wilford was covering Danny Kelly this week, Pete Morgan is covering Hunted today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Captain' Morgan covering 'The flavour of the month' this week.

Anyone know the current situation regarding Keith Middleton, as he's been off sick for weeks?

(He is coming back, isn't he?)
    Forum Member
    'Captain' Morgan covering 'The flavour of the month' this week.

Anyone know the current situation regarding Keith Middleton, as he's been off sick for weeks?

(He is coming back, isn't he?)
    Just had a look on the website and the last time he was on was early July! I read on twitter that Caroline Martin will be doing a fright night on 31st October so if he is coming back it won't be till the week after that.
    Forum Member
    "Tonight is a 70s & 80s Extravaganza that you will not want to miss especially if you have been a long time listener to Keith and the show"

That was posted on "Keith's corner" on Facebook. I didn't listen so don't know what happened but, I think it was bad news. :(
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    The Sunday morning newsreader is the worst that I've ever heard, what is wrong with WM? Can they not afford to employ decent broadcasters?
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    The Sunday morning newsreader is the worst that I've ever heard, what is wrong with WM? Can they not afford to employ decent broadcasters?
    Who was it? Alice Rosenthal or Olivia Morley?
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Who was it? Alice Rosenthal or Olivia Morley?

Alice, I think. Absolutely dire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Alice, I think. Absolutely dire.

Any relation to Jim (who was a Radio Brum bod back in the early 70's along with Nick Owen.? Definetly there around the time of the 1974 pub bombings.
    Forum Member
    Anyone heard an ad on WM about the legends returning for a weekend? I guess it has something to do with WM's 45th Birthday on 9th November.
    Forum Member
    Anyone heard an ad on WM about the legends returning for a weekend? I guess it has something to do with WM's 45th Birthday on 9th November.
    It will be the weekend of 7th & 8th November and there will be more information on Monday with Adrian Goldberg at 8pm.