Options

Schedule released for Bauer City 2 stations

Comments

• Options
    richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Was great to hear Andy Crane on The Greatest Hits this morning. I don't think I've heard him on air since his days at Piccadilly in the mid Eighties. He did a great show today. Good banter, and fitted in well.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was great to hear Andy Crane on The Greatest Hits this morning. I don't think I've heard him on air since his days at Piccadilly in the mid Eighties. He did a great show today. Good banter, and fitted in well.

Who was he covering for
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Who was he covering for

Darren Kelly. Back tomorrow from 10, give him a listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I might give it a listen on the app
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy fitted into The Greatest Hits like a glove, with decent chat. It was lovely to hear him again.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy fitted into The Greatest Hits like a glove, with decent chat. It was lovely to hear him again.

Hes On BBC Radio Manchester regularly
  • Options
    mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No thanks , Andy sounded a lot better .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    No thanks , Andy sounded a lot better .

No I think he meant that Andy is back tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No I think he meant that Andy is back tomorrow

Indeed I did. Andy has a nice Sean, Nick and Ray warmth about him. I've nothing against Darren, but there seems more warmth from Andy, more sharing of life and not so much stuff from the papers and telly - which is where John loses points too. Share your lives guys, we care more about that than what you've dug out of the papers.

Very enjoyable shows, Andy! Come back soon!
  • Options
    michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see when you read Andy's cv he's done quite a bit of stuff - he's on Granada news apparently and on Radio Sheffield and Manchester weekend breakfasts (either day on each station) I suppose now when Ray is off, or Darren they will use a presenter based in Manchester presumably. I see when Ray is off or Nick Wright they seem to favour Tom Davies- does anyone know if he does the show from Newcastle and the talk in? Like he did when Magic came from Newcastle studios? Or does he have to stop over in Manchester if he knows he doing holiday or sick cover for a whole week..?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was the man playing the greatest party hits tonight? I listened in an out at work tonight but he never said his name!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was the man playing the greatest party hits tonight? I listened in an out at work tonight but he never said his name!

It is usually Micky Gavin. It is a great show for a Saturday Night
  • Options
    EPIC.PERSON.EPIC.PERSON. Posts: 906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I didn't listen to the show, I believe Louis Chadwick covered the show last night. He works mostly as a producer and he has recently moved from Rock FM to The Hits and I think he will produce the new breakfast show there.

I've not heard him do much presenting but he did some cover on Free Radio and in my opinion one show in particular was quite poor, mostly due to technical difficulties including long silences, playing out the news intro which was the annoying woman saying, "we are Free Radio" (what's this sort of thing called?) and playing out a Gary Barlow song during the news. There must be a different system at Orion to Bauer but this wasn't his first show. The links weren't exactly quality either.

Having said all that, I would have listened last night if I'd known. See if his show was any better when he was more at home on Bauer. Although I've not known him cover a show on The Greatest Hits before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I didn't listen to the show, I believe Louis Chadwick covered the show last night. He works mostly as a producer and he has recently moved from Rock FM to The Hits and I think he will produce the new breakfast show there.

I've not heard him do much presenting but he did some cover on Free Radio and in my opinion one show in particular was quite poor, mostly due to technical difficulties including long silences, playing out the news intro which was the annoying woman saying, "we are Free Radio" (what's this sort of thing called?) and playing out a Gary Barlow song during the news. There must be a different system at Orion to Bauer but this wasn't his first show. The links weren't exactly quality either.

Having said all that, I would have listened last night if I'd known. See if his show was any better when he was more at home on Bauer. Although I've not known him cover a show on The Greatest Hits before.

That is an unusual cover as Micky is based in Scotland. I would have thought a Scottish based presenter would have covered it. But your right Louis did cover it and presented it from key 103's studios

https://instagram.com/p/6-fz0sLUdb/

https://twitter.com/sirchaddy/status/637686069358673920
  • Options
    EPIC.PERSON.EPIC.PERSON. Posts: 906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at his photo, that studio looks like a really nice place to work.
  • Options
    radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at his photo, that studio looks like a really nice place to work.

its in castlefield its very nice 1 of the take that lot used to live upstairs in the apartments years ago
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think when I heard the show as well - it was strange that a Scottish presenter didn't cover it- and as Micky Gavin does breakfast now on Northsound1 , thought someone else would take over the Saturday night slot before long, unless Micky is still happy to do it and was just on holiday.......but sometimes I find it a bit annoying of I'm listening and a presenter doesn't say who they're called.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quick as I am to criticize TGH, i'd like to applaud Steve Jordan for his 80's show on Sunday. Clearly voicetracked, but he made it work. Jingles came in tight, used sweepers on the outros of songs so everything flowed well, and played great songs like those of Bucks Fizz and Shaky. You can come again, Steve!

Mike seemed very apologetic on Saturday morning. "Great song, great song... just don't think i can play it" (or words to that effect). I hope the Music Witch hasn't got to him, and listener input will be welcomed back next weekend.

Tony's away this Sunday, sadly. Another pre-recorded fake chart coming our way from Mark Goodier? Mark, please get the BC2 logs and feature any songs not on there... that'd make a great show. If it's not going to be live and interactive, at least play something different, like Tony always does. Cheers :)

New jingles this week. Oh for a new playlist.

Oh, and Everything Tastes Like Kiwi, don't you know? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think I heard a new jingle on Friday night just gone or Saturday----my station in some of them seems to be called Metro Radio 2, or Metro 2 radio!! But the pre-recorded bits the presenters say seem to call it Metro 2 Radio!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Odd that, as you'd think it would be Metro Radio 2, after the main station. Or is the main FM one not called Metro Radio anymore?
  • Options
    SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wohnort news reports that the DAB labels have been changed to 'Metro 2 Radio' and 'Metro 3 Radio'...
  • Options
    DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another night with no Gina on.

Seems she off more than she is on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Paul Hayes is on all week for her, I thought this show always had to be from Scotland though , as usually when Gina is off Coiln Kelly, Gavin Pearson covers for her, and last week I heard someone Scottish called Mike Richardson, presumably Paul Hayes will be doing the show from Manchester though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Paul Hayes is on all week for her, I thought this show always had to be from Scotland though , as usually when Gina is off Coiln Kelly, Gavin Pearson covers for her, and last week I heard someone Scottish called Mike Richardson, presumably Paul Hayes will be doing the show from Manchester though?

I think this week will be the 3rd week that Gina has been off from the late show but the first week she was covering for John Leslie and the last 2 she has been on holiday so it isnt that bad, everyone is entitled to a holiday. Also this week is half term in parts of Scotland so if Gina has kids, this week is the right time for her to go away.

Colin Kelly covered last week so not sure why he is not covering this week.

Gavin Pearson is on the Bauer City 1 stations in Scotland this week from 10pm covering for Fiona Shields so he cant do it.

Mike Richardson is content Director at West FM but covers some shows on west fm and on the network, usually he covers the late show on city 1 in Scotland for Fiona Shields which Gavin is covering. Also he might be on holiday as it is definitely half term in Ayrshire.

I doubt the show has to come from Scotland I dont think it really matters. Also Paul could be doing the show from London
  • Options
    Radio_GeekRadio_Geek Posts: 2,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this week will be the 3rd week that Gina has been off from the late show but the first week she was covering for John Leslie and the last 2 she has been on holiday so it isnt that bad, everyone is entitled to a holiday. Also this week is half term in parts of Scotland so if Gina has kids, this week is the right time for her to go away.

Colin Kelly covered last week so not sure why he is not covering this week.

Gavin Pearson is on the Bauer City 1 stations in Scotland this week from 10pm covering for Fiona Shields so he cant do it.

Mike Richardson is content Director at West FM but covers some shows on west fm and on the network, usually he covers the late show on city 1 in Scotland for Fiona Shields which Gavin is covering. Also he might be on holiday as it is definitely half term in Ayrshire.

I doubt the show has to come from Scotland I dont think it really matters. Also Paul could be doing the show from London

Mike was the midmorning presenter on Tay FM. He did the occasional cover for the now defunct Indemand brand in Scotland. I'm sure Krystle Weaver (now working behind the scenes at Forth) and many other staff members who used to be on air, could fill in for those who are on holiday?