Plusnet to increase voice line rental from 2nd September

mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7021-plusnet-to-increase-voice-line-rental-from-2nd-september.html

"PlusNet is bucking the inflation trend and is putting up voice line rental to £16.99 per month, which means it will match BT and Virgin Media. A note in the providers price guide details the price rises which kick in on 2nd September 2015. The changes largely affect the voice side of things.

Voice line rental at £16.99 per month from either £15.99 or £15.95
12 months line rental saver increasing to £185.88 from the current £155.88.
Evening and Weekend inclusive calls package rising £1 to £3 per month.
Anytime calls rising £1 to £6 per month.
Call set-up fee will be 16p, rise of 1p.
01, 02 and 03 calls outside any bundle rising to 10p per minute
Calls to mobiles rising to 13p per minute.
P&P on routers increases to £6.99.
Early termination charges will change, but depends on your exact package.
Following the Ofcom rules those affected should receive notification over the next few weeks to notify them of the price changes and already on our forums we are seeing people planning to renew their line rental saver ahead of the changes to make the most of the current price."
The line rental saver is an enormous increase of £30/year making it the equivalent of £15.49/month from the current equivalent of £12.99/month.

Comments

• gothergother Posts: 14,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not 100% certain but i think you can cancel without penalty too within 30 days of you recieving notice.
  • AnotherBoxAnotherBox Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also rest assured that the rest of the cartel of CPs will announce increased prices by the end of the year :o
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not 100% certain but i think you can cancel without penalty too within 30 days of you recieving notice.
    Yea you can cancel without charges, BT have some good deals at the moment
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rottweiler wrote: »
    BT have some good deals at the moment
    Fuel Broadband have increased my line rental to £8.40 per month, with free 90-minute evening calls after 6pm and at weekends.

Honestly, it's enough to make me switch to BT.

Oh, wait...
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    "Voice line rental"? What's that? It's just Line Rental and sadly you have to have it even if you only want fibre broadband through it and never use it for calls ever like me.

It's a hang-over from GPO days and is just an excuse to advertise low priced broadband and not include the line rental that you have to have to get the broadband.

It's time they stopped line rental altogether or at least brought in a reduced version for people only using it for broadband. But of course they won't do that as they can force it on you to have to pay it just to get broadband and so won't stop now.
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I use Plusnet but never use them for standard telephone calls - 18185 is the answer if you think plusnet telephone calls are too expensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea you can cancel without charges, BT have some good deals at the moment

Just did this myself but plusnet matched bts offer still got the bt order in motion though as got 14 day cooling off period the £150 quidco and £50 sainsburys voucher means that it'd work out about £38 profit if i moved to BT plus get bt sport lite free too.
    Going to make a descision within the next 7 days BT already have annoyed me by changing the activation date.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    I use Plusnet but never use them for standard telephone calls - 18185 is the answer if you think plusnet telephone calls are too expensive.

Or as an alternative for those in receipt of certain benefits there is BT Basic, you can even source your own broadband elsewhere say with plusnet or any other provider who offers broadband only packages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £150 quidco ?
    Missed that one any links to that deal ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £150 quidco ?
    Missed that one any links to that deal ?

Here you go mate http://www.quidco.com/bt-broadband/?st=bt&tr=108&fn=home&fr=top if ypou take tv and sim aswell it's £230.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT prices gone up today, was looking at infinity 1 unlimited, it was £12.50 yesterday now it's £20