Options

The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just gonna be immense!

Bane looks absolutely terrifying! I love it!

Sure in The Dark Knight we had two of THE most iconic villains in Batman and comic history! So would be hard to beat. But Bane is just a fantastically dark, mysterious character to face. Also i am sure Catwoman will have an impressive re-invention.interpretation of the character which will be intriguing to see! Thus far only the animated series have it nailed (was not a massive fan of Batman Returns to be honest!) But i have faith in Nolan and of course Hathaway!

TDKR is just gonna be immense!
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Completely agree as much as I love BB and TDK to me they really don't look the same, the city looks SO different from the dark and somewhat claustraphobic feel in BB to a much much much more standard American City-like look in TDK.

I was thinking about this recently. Its the reversal of what Burton did. In Batman Gotham had a grand scale, with outdoor sets. In Batman Returns it looked smaller and appeared to be primarily shot on an indoor set and felt claustrophobic.

Personally I prefer the scale in TDK. I wouldn't say Gotham strikes me as visually very different between BB and TDK, only that we get a lot more daytime scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Batmans voice will be even lower cause batman begins it was alright dark knight it got even lower so i wonder if we wont be able to hear him in this one
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Azza230 wrote: »
    I wonder if Batmans voice will be even lower cause batman begins it was alright dark knight it got even lower so i wonder if we wont be able to hear him in this one

In one of the recent pictures of Batman he has his 'wtf is he saying?' mouth :( I'd assume they'll tone down the Bat-growl in this one. Somebody working on the film must have noticed the heavy criticism for it in TDK - it's not as if there were loads of other complaints to read through..
  • Options
    adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Can't Wait to see Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway In this!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    In one of the recent pictures of Batman he has his 'wtf is he saying?' mouth :( I'd assume they'll tone down the Bat-growl in this one. Somebody working on the film must have noticed the heavy criticism for it in TDK - it's not as if there were loads of other complaints to read through..

That wasn't Bale's fault though his voice is modified in post which is pretty obvious as no way is it Bale's actual voice. I however, had no problem I understood what he was saying perfectly but at some moments it was a bit :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know it was modified for TDK, but I'm not so sure it was for BB, at least not as much. I could understand him well enough, but it's still irritating. With all his money and gadgets it seems ridiculous that the man has to growl to not be recognised.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I know it was modified for TDK, but I'm not so sure it was for BB, at least not as much. I could understand him well enough, but it's still irritating. With all his money and gadgets it seems ridiculous that the man has to growl to not be recognised.

To memory the cowl changes his voice in the comics as the suit has a modulator built in so the criminals don't know it's Bruce Wayne.

So he doesn't growl as such but his voice is meant to sound deeper and more guttural then normal speaking voice.

For the movie it isn't possible so Bale changes his voice and the rest is probably done in post-production.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched TDK few days ago and such a shame about heath ledger, i just love his take on joker so much

psycho who isnt afraid to die,smart as hell too.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    anyone else prefer the gotham sets in begins to the real city used in dark knight? just seemed darker and more batman esque with the orangy skies and rain,lots of rain.

Yes, completely with you on that. In BB, Gotham looks like a totally unique city. It's not like any other recognisable city. It's got its own style in the layout and architecture. It also has that cool elevated monorail running through it.

In TDK it just looks like Chicago. I love the film, but Gotham as a city lost all the originality it had in BB (and Gotham deserves to be a very unique looking city) and just appears very boring and generic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and i dont think that will change for the final installment as theya re filming in pittsburgh :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I read that they plan to return to the narrows at some point in the final film. Hopefully with Wayne Manor rebuilt we'll see Batman located more in the BB settings. If Bane and the LoS are coming after him then it would certainly make more sense.

I know, that's just wishful thinking......
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    and i dont think that will change for the final installment as theya re filming in pittsburgh :(

It's a shame. I think they intentionally dropped the stylised look in favour of a more familiar, realistic look. But then there's only so much you can make a film seem realistic when its about a man who fights crime whilst dressed as a giant bat!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    I have a horrible fear of it turning out to be like Spiderman 3 with all the villians. I heard a rumour that Ellen Page was after a role (something about Nolan wanting to keep her quiet because they had an affair)

In the comics Bane realises he can't go up against Batman straight away so he releases a lot of villians/Batman enemies from Arkham Asylum and Batman has to put them all back into prison. This tires Batman out and then Bane strikes and breaks Batman's back, putting him in a wheelchair....

Maybe this is the storyline for the film and thats why there are so many villains!

Also I highly doubt Ellen Page had an affair with anyone, she doesn't seem the type AT ALL!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I watched TDK today and nitpicked at everything in it ... I hate when I do that ...

I've seen the film at least 30 times but I found the ending so sad ...
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Passage (1947) 8.5/10
    Zmory (1979) 7/10
  • Options
    venusstarvenusstar Posts: 4,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when will pics of catwomen come out ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear. I expected Anne Hathaway to be the weak link in the film and that doesn't convince me otherwise.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Looks like she's on Bats Batpod

Looks that way surely,

So, going by the trailer, Batman has given up his job, and Catwoman has his pod, where did she rob that from ?? Has she burgled the batcave ?

(I know that these events could occur anywhere in the film but at this stage, all I can do is make up my own plot)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revans9 wrote: »
    oh dear. I expected Anne Hathaway to be the weak link in the film and that doesn't convince me otherwise.

i think some fans(not saying you) will refuse to like hathaway in this role.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't say I'm overly thrilled with Hathaway being in it, but I'll wait and see before criticising. I wasn't a big fan of Katie Holmes in BB, but I didn't think she was as bad as other people made out. However, I hated Eric Roberts in TDK....he's possibly the least convincing mob boss I've ever seen :rolleyes:

Other than that, the casting has been spot on so far :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha I really don't understand some "fans" it seems Hathaway could give the best performance ever but a lot will stilll say she ruined the movie. I just don't understand that people are just saying this without even remembering that "that gay cowboy from Brokeback Mountain" played The Joker which annoyed A LOT of people and look how that turned out. Can they be making the same mistake? And the costume?????? What's wrong with it? So so so so many fans just wanted a very simple cat burgurlar type costume and hang on isn't that EXACTLY what we got? Ummm yes by the look of it and STILL they are moaning. Just like they moaned about Heath and his costume last year. Hell we can't see her in the whole thing jost about half of the top half.
  • Options
    ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    I'm not digging Anne from that pic. Perhaps Michelle Pfeiffer's version was too big a thing to top. It was always going to be hard.