jls.hardest working band in uk?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
Forum Member
✭✭
i see some royaltie collecting company has announced that jls are the hardest working band in the uk for the second year running.its cos of the massive amount of gigs thay did last year.34.yeh,im not joking,34.

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Yeah I saw that on Facebook yesterday.

My response? - "Perlease..." :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculously so. Florence and the Machine have been on tour for around 4/5 years now. They've probably done more hard work in a year than JLS have done in their lives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easily the The Rolling Stones.

Been around since... well, dinosaurs?

:D:D:cool::cool:
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that Rou Reynolds from Enter Shikari tweeted that. He said, "that's funny, Shikari played 34 gigs in one month."

And I'm sure some other bands have done even more :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Sounds ridiculous, you hardly see them these days (not that that's a bad thing!)
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLS aren't a band, They don't play instruments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    34 gigs in a 365 day year doesn't sound that impressive? Surely that's just touring and a few festivals and stuff?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I thought One Direction were doing an insane amount of shows!
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish when you've done the amount of shows The Quo have done then maybe they will have a point.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    JLS aren't a band, They don't play instruments.
    :D:D:D
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I found this ridiculous when I first read it....

But when they say that, I think they mean that JLS toured 34 dates IN the UK IN 2012.

Some bands that were mentioned - for instance:

Florence and The Machine had only 10 gigs in the UK
    One Direction had 22 gigs
    Enter Shikari had 20 gigs altogether in the UK

and if I read correctly, the Rolling Stones had only 2 gigs in the UK last year.

So if you look at it this way, it is not crazy that JLS are having this title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    You know, I found this ridiculous when I first read it....

But when they say that, I think they mean that JLS toured 34 dates IN the UK IN 2012.

Some bands that were mentioned - for instance:

Florence and The Machine had only 10 gigs in the UK
    One Direction had 22 gigs
    Enter Shikari had 20 gigs altogether in the UK

and if I read correctly, the Rolling Stones had only 2 gigs in the UK last year.

So if you look at it this way, it is not crazy that JLS are having this title.

Girl you tripping. That was just ONE of Florence's tour. She toured twice with Ceremonials.
  • SevenSeizeSevenSeize Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    JLS?
    Hardest working BAND in the UK?!!

I can't imagine anyone could possibly say that with a straight face
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P_P wrote: »
    I saw that Rou Reynolds from Enter Shikari tweeted that. He said, "that's funny, Shikari played 34 gigs in one month."

They're playing my local leisure centre soon :o
  • TyrTyr Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that effort and they still can't pull a half decent song out of their arses.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're playing my local leisure centre soon :o
    Surely that's a step down from playing Glastonbury
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They may have done a few shows but a lot of bands put a heck of a lot more effort and hard work than the do.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that only the gigs in the UK during this year are taken into account is a little ridiculous...

And I think that it actually favours the acts that are only big in the UK because they will concentrate all their touring in the country, as opposed to international acts that will spend less time in each country but try to go to a maximum of countries to respond to a more global demand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girl you tripping. That was just ONE of Florence's tour. She toured twice with Ceremonials.

Ok, I was wrong because I just saw the news where they announced some dates. However, they still had 20 dates altogether in UK/Ireland in 2012 which is less than JLS.

Again, I also think it is ridiculous, but I'm 100% sure that the list "hardest working band in the UK of 2012" was made by just counting the UK dates. Look at the next sentence:

Westlife came in second place after performing 31 gigs as part of their farewell tour, while Steps place third, and Olly Murs and Florence + the Machine came fourth and fifth respectively.
  • zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely, the great Status Quo are the hardest working band. They seem to have been continuosly on tour for decades.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zackai48 wrote: »
    Surely, the great Status Quo are the hardest working band. They seem to have been continuosly on tour for decades.

But again, they had 8 gigs in the UK last year.

I don't think anyone would have minded if the title just said "JLS had most gigs in the UK last year".

I'm sure PRS for Music doesn't think JLS are bigger or better tour act than Rolling Stones or Status Quo in general - I couldn't care less about JLS because I hae never been a fan, but the fact just remains that JLS had most gigs in the UK last year.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    zackai48 wrote: »

It wasn't a lifetime achievement award, it was based on 2012.
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I find them very hard work.
  • 36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people assume its only 'work' when a band plays a gig?

Id imagine there day is non stop, radio / tv / studio time, video shoots.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Surely that's a step down from playing Glastonbury

You wouldn't need to ask that if you'd ever seen our crumbling, tired old leisure :D