Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Unless Cilla just decided to use releasing a single/launching a short music career as a way of launching herself into a TV career. By the time Cilla's music career ended, she'll have already been well known to the public.

Yes sadly you are correct .
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bevrinton wrote: »
    That's correct Brian Epstein was his name sadly passed away in @ 1967 the Beatles sort of lost it after he died .

Drugs suicide. Couldn't cope with being gay when it wasn't acceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member

What a shame , there was the usual crap that he wasn't a good manager because of the deals he made and that the Beatles grew apart from him but I've heard John Lennon say in an interview that after his death he was scared with the exact words " I knew from that moment we were F**ked " .
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, sad to hear Hot Dogg's experience of Inman and Sugden, both of whom I loved.
    Not really surprised about Su Pollard. Seems a bit, with her, like sometimes she is great and others, a nightmare. I know she's naturally ditzy and off the wall but I bet it can be pretty annoying after a while. She often seems off her face to me but I just assumed it was part of her persona.
    Ruth Madoc....really pleased to hear she's so nice. I loved Gladys Pugh and have seen her live in Panto, where she played the Wicked Queen!

As for the Paul O' Grady- Godcilla relationship...well, maybe he has a soft spot for her. Doesn't mean he stoops to her level and all the evidence points to the contrary. Maybe he even feels a bit sorry for her!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member
    Yes sadly you are correct .

Unless Cilla just decided to use releasing a single/launching a short music career as a way of launching herself into a TV career. By the time Cilla's music career ended, she'll have already been well known to the public.

I am reading her autobiography at the moment, singing was clearly her passion. From what she says, the tv thing came about due to her adlibbing and interaction with the audiences in theatres and singing on various shows on the telly. But yes, it is true that when the music career ended she was already very well known. Sorry for responding to you, getting my responses mixed up.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can concur Lulu is in fact horrid

Now that I can believe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    It seems Cilla Black is indeed an old boiler of the highest proportions that has made it her personal mission in life to be as vile obnoxious arrogant rude horrible and odious to whoever has had the misfortune of meeting the cretin . Close following up the rear of Black is Bruce ( Road kill for a syrup ) Forsyth with Lulu ( Guarantee a fake Scottish accent when being interviewed ) in 3rd place .
    Imagine these three cretins dining together at a restaurant and you are the waitress or waiter that has to serve them lol . One would imagine Black Forsyth & Lulu have eaten the crap or drank the urine many a time of pissed off restaurant workers , along with eating their meals with a knife fork or spoon that has been rubbed up and down a sweaty butt crack from the victims that they have offended .

Oh no, not Lulu as well,have you lot got access to my "babe list", I was getting worried until Brucie popped up....."Nice" people don't last long in show business,it's a jungle,populated by massive egos,which is a necessity or prerequisite to performing in front of thousands of people. Some people do "modesty" more easily than others. Nice doesn't exist amongst those at the forefront of public recognition. From Twiggy to Shirley Bassey from Cilla's mate Paul O'Grady to her ex-mate Paul McCartney "nice" is optional for any given day.
    Forum Member
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Haven't had any first hand experience of Cilla, but I can personally attest to the obnoxious vile natures of John Inman, Molly Sugden and Su Pollard. All of whom thought that they were/are god's gift to creation. :D

When Sandie Shaw's ( another absolute babe ) fortunes waned,she had to wait on tables for a living ( not a lot of people know that.) .And had to serve the delightful Ms Pollard. Whom having recognised Ms Shaw and what she obviously considered to be her reduced circumstances, proceeded to humiliate her ( not a good idea when that person has access to your food. ) (just my observation,not implying Ms Shaw did anything to Ms Pollards food ).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member

Epstein died accidentally from mixing the prescription sleeping pills he took regularly with alcohol. While it's true he was gay, this didn't contribute to his death and it wasn't/isn't believed to have been suicide.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hydon wrote: »
    When Sandie Shaw's ( another absolute babe ) fortunes waned,she had to wait on tables for a living ( not a lot of people know that.) .And had to serve the delightful Ms Pollard. Whom having recognised Ms Shaw and what she obviously considered to be her reduced circumstances, proceeded to humiliate her ( not a good idea when that person has access to your food. ) (just my observation,not implying Ms Shaw did anything to Ms Pollards food ).

You know this how?
    Forum Member
    You know this how?

From the delicious lips of the lady herself.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah yes-I can just see what she said has been caught on film as a speech bubble...

Which is you, by the way?
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How is this proof?:confused: Is there a link to an interview with Sandie?
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Misty08 wrote: »

Well the waitressing thing is true - there's an interview here. Can't see any Su Pollard tie-in though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/7995004/Interview-with-1960s-icon-Sandie-Shaw.html
    Forum Member
    Ah yes-I can just see what she said has been caught on film as a speech bubble...

Which is you, by the way?

Oh yea of little faith. What do you expect, I should be wired for sound, and record my intimate conversations, with the delightful Ms Shaw........http://www.starpulse.com/Music/Shaw,_Sandie/gallery/LMK-039811/
    Forum Member
    Well the waitressing thing is true - there's an interview here. Can't see any Su Pollard tie-in though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/7995004/Interview-with-1960s-icon-Sandie-Shaw.html

Forum Member
    Misty08 wrote: »

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, I like Sandie Shaw.
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Aw, I like Sandie Shaw.

Isn't she fantastic!..................http://www.starpulse.com/Music/Shaw,_Sandie/gallery/LMK-039743/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which one's you in that photo, Hydon?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you Sandie's PR pushing for a comeback? :confused::D

How did this thread get onto the subject of Sandie Shaw when it's about Our Cilla?
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    From what I've read on here I'd say Lulu is second only to Cilla in the nastiness stakes
    I get that vibe too! Never been "fortunate" enough to encounter Cilla, but I must have caught Lulu on a couple of good days. I used to work in a hotel and she was here doing some promotions for her face cream range for a couple of days. She was actually very bubbly and nice to everyone. No problems with her at all.

Elaine Paige on the other hand was horrible. This doesn't sound too awful maybe but she was pretty vicious in action. I was training a young guy who had just started that week. We were waiting tables and this guy brought her over something different. He left her plate in the kitchens and took her out something else. I could see something was happening behind me and went over to see what was going on. She absolutely screamed at this young guy. I explained he had only started two days before and that I could actually see her plate about 10 feet away waiting to be served and would quickly take the plate away and bring hers over. She continually shouted at this boy, saying she wasnt used to being served by amateurs (how else are people meant to get trained?! lol) and that "this would never happen in London!". I swear at one point she honestly asked "Dont you know who I am?" (by this time she was standing up and gesturing a lot) and suggested that such an important guest as her should have been allocated her own waiter for her table to avoid any mix ups.

Needless to say, he had no idea who she was. He was only about 18 or 19 and this was about 5 years ago so she wasn't as a big a name as she used to be. She said she was going to tell the manager a lot more training is needed before he should be out serving paying guests and the poor young guy was really scared he was going to lose his job. If i didn't know any better I could easily have thought she was "in character" for some diva bitch role in a musical. I think she enjoyed every minute of it!
    Forum Member
    Which one's you in that photo, Hydon?

That's twice you said that. Tourettes?
    Forum Member
    I get that vibe too! Never been "fortunate" enough to encounter Cilla, but I must have caught Lulu on a couple of good days. I used to work in a hotel and she was here doing some promotions for her face cream range for a couple of days. She was actually very bubbly and nice to everyone. No problems with her at all.

Elaine Paige on the other hand was horrible. This doesn't sound too awful maybe but she was pretty vicious in action. I was training a young guy who had just started that week. We were waiting tables and this guy brought her over something different. He left her plate in the kitchens and took her out something else. I could see something was happening behind me and went over to see what was going on. She absolutely screamed at this young guy. I explained he had only started two days before and that I could actually see her plate about 10 feet away waiting to be served and would quickly take the plate away and bring hers over. She continually shouted at this boy, saying she wasnt used to being served by amateurs (how else are people meant to get trained?! lol) and that "this would never happen in London!". I swear at one point she honestly asked "Dont you know who I am?" (by this time she was standing up and gesturing a lot) and suggested that such an important guest as her should have been allocated her own waiter for her table to avoid any mix ups.

Needless to say, he had no idea who she was. He was only about 18 or 19 and this was about 5 years ago so she wasn't as a big a name as she used to be. She said she was going to tell the manager a lot more training is needed before he should be out serving paying guests and the poor young guy was really scared he was going to lose his job. If i didn't know any better I could easily have thought she was "in character" for some diva bitch role in a musical. I think she enjoyed every minute of it!

Ms Paige is not a babe................http://img173.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=64743_Elaine_Page_002_123_387lo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.