Options

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Comments

• Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone bought me this for Xmas so have played the first sequence this morning and started the 2nd sequence.
    Although I dropped out of the story to synchronise the high points in Havana and have got all the collectibles and done the side missions.

If my mate is online later I might have a go at the multiplayer.
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come you can sync, and then go back to that same place and sync again?
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    How come you can sync, and then go back to that same place and sync again?

Can you?

What would be the point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Can you?

What would be the point.

No idea, done it twice by accident lol

So tempted to buy AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations in the sale, but they're so long I'll probably never get round to playing them.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Can you?

What would be the point.

There is no point; that's something that Ubisoft has never sorted out but you only need to sync once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    There is no point; that's something that Ubisoft has never sorted out but you only need to sync once.

Yeh, all it does is replay the animation that skins round and shows you the area.

I'm liking the fact they've made these sync points fast travel points too. Makes it a lot easier to get round the cities quicker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea, done it twice by accident lol

So tempted to buy AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations in the sale, but they're so long I'll probably never get round to playing them.

All the games are well worth getting but if you're going to restrict yourself to a few from the series I'd say make sure you have the numbered games i.e. 1, 2, 3 & 4.
    Brotherhood and Revelations are both good but they're mainly a continuation of Ezio's story from AC2.
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Got this in the sales and so far have completed the Aveline missions and tried the multiplayer and am loving it so far! The only disappointment is that I feel Aveline is a strong character and warrants more than the poultry 1 hour of game received but that 1 hour was better than anything 3 offered so who's am I to complain (to much!).
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone do me a big favour and go into the ship upgrade section and list everything from top to bottom in the exact order please?

I ask because my copy is Polish and even my Polish wife is having trouble translating it, as it's very old Polish that is Pirate specific.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Can someone do me a big favour and go into the ship upgrade section and list everything from top to bottom in the exact order please?

I ask because my copy is Polish and even my Polish wife is having trouble translating it, as it's very old Polish that is Pirate specific.

Weapons and armour
    - hull armour
    - broadside cannons
    - chase cannons
    - ram strength
    - round shot strength
    - chain shot strength
    - mortar
    - swivel strength
    - heavy shot
    - fire barrel strength
    - diving bell

Storage
    - heavy shot storage
    - mortar storage
    - fire barrel storage
    - crews quarters
    - cargo storage

Harpooning
    - rowboat armour
    - harpoon strength
    - harpoon storage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weapons and armour
    - hull armour
    - broadside cannons
    - chase cannons
    - ram strength
    - round shot strength
    - chain shot strength
    - mortar
    - swivel strength
    - heavy shot
    - fire barrel strength
    - diving bell

Storage
    - heavy shot storage
    - mortar storage
    - fire barrel storage
    - crews quarters
    - cargo storage

Harpooning
    - rowboat armour
    - harpoon strength
    - harpoon storage

Cheers dude, you're a life saver. Now I can finally get around to upgrading the ship.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got to level 55 on multiplayer yet? how long did it take?

I'm going for the platinum (with 85% of singleplayer done) and i'm worried the online stuff could just take to long for me and i'll end up giving up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Anyone got to level 55 on multiplayer yet? how long did it take?

I'm going for the platinum (with 85% of singleplayer done) and i'm worried the online stuff could just take to long for me and i'll end up giving up

I'm not sure but my friend was ranking up a level every couple of games when he was playing the other day. Not sure if there was a promotion on because he was getting x2 ranking points per game which was whacking it up a lot.

They were mainly playing Manhunt, Domination and Artifact Assault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I've stolen my ship and reached Nassau.

Few things... I still haven't got blow pipes? It was mentioned on the ship but I don't have them so still having trouble getting past guards... is this still to come?

I also can't buy anything as I don't look like a captain?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Few things... I still haven't got blow pipes? It was mentioned on the ship but I don't have them so still having trouble getting past guards... is this still to come?

You don't get blow pipes until the characters give them to you and then ask you to test them out. That's how most introductions to new weapons go in AC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't get blow pipes until the characters give them to you and then ask you to test them out. That's how most introductions to new weapons go in AC.

Thanks, what about buying things and needing to look like a captain?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, what about buying things and needing to look like a captain?!

In regards to "needing to look like a Captain", if I recall correctly you can't buy from the Harbormaster right away but I can't remember if this is because you need to advance through more missions or because you need to win more naval combats and get more cargo. I think it may be the former, just keep playing the main campaign and the coming back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've just got to sequence 4 memory 4 and been given the blowpipe.

Having played through this game with a friend redoing some of the levels it is much easier using the blowpipe to take out guards but it's also possible to fob them without. You just have to make use of the stealth areas and take guards out one by one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just got to sequence 4 memory 4 and been given the blowpipe.

Having played through this game with a friend redoing some of the levels it is much easier using the blowpipe to take out guards but it's also possible to fob them without. You just have to make use of the stealth areas and take guards out one by one.

Before you receive the blowpipes it's very easy to do stealth the old fashioned way but once you get them you won't be able to do stealth without them, trust me. The game wants you to utilise this new weapon and so they put an enemy at every possible corner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you get loads of sugar, where can you sell it?

How do you determine what a high level of a ship is? I've seen some level 17, but maybe that's pretty low depending on the highest? What level is mine?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before you receive the blowpipes it's very easy to do stealth the old fashioned way but once you get them you won't be able to do stealth without them, trust me. The game wants you to utilise this new weapon and so they put an enemy at every possible corner.

I agree, but TheVoid was talking about the early levels being difficult because he hasn't got the blowpipes, so I was advising in the best way to tackle the guards.

Of course when you've been given a new weapon that makes it easier you're going to use it. The game may encourage it but even if it didn't you're going to use anything at your disposal. You're still being stealthy by using the blowpipes anyway.

My favourite tactic so far is to use the berserk darts on the sharpshooters, then watch from a stalking zone, whilst the gunman goes crazy slotting his mates below. Tends to thin them out a bit. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you determine what a high level of a ship is? I've seen some level 17, but maybe that's pretty low depending on the highest? What level is mine?!

You can sell the sugar at the harbourmasters. There is a sell option as well as a buy option.
    I've seen some ships as high as 27 although I seem to remember from my friends game that some went as high as 50. I don't think the Jackdaw has a level. You just keep upgrading.

You'll soon find out which ships you can take in though when you get into battle. Early on, it's probably best to stick to gunboats and schooners but you'll eventually want to get attacking and capturing frigates and man o wars.

All money I've made so far I've been putting straight into upgrades for the Jackdaw. The armour and weaponry are what I've concentrated on. I haven't bothered with the appearance upgrades yet and I haven't upgraded any of Edwards weapons.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't upgraded any of Edwards weapons.

I went through the entire game with no problems using the free sword you get from uplay for 30 points. It's a good weapon and if your anything like me you will have load of spare uplay points.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but TheVoid was talking about the early levels being difficult because he hasn't got the blowpipes, so I was advising in the best way to tackle the guards.

Of course when you've been given a new weapon that makes it easier you're going to use it. The game may encourage it but even if it didn't you're going to use anything at your disposal. You're still being stealthy by using the blowpipes anyway.

My favourite tactic so far is to use the berserk darts on the sharpshooters, then watch from a stalking zone, whilst the gunman goes crazy slotting his mates below. Tends to thin them out a bit. :D

The beserk darts are quite fun initially but for me they lose their magic pretty fast once the game forces you to use them for every situation. One of the things I like about previous AC games is that you actually had to plan your stealth strategy, look at what you had in front of you and then improvise. You would only use long range weapons if you absolutely had to because they were limited. By forcing the player to use the darts and then giving you the option to craft endless amounts it makes it far too easy IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When you look at a ship the level will have a colour. White means it is easy, green means normal and red means hard. Determine which levels you go after by looking at which ones are green for you and going a few above. I usually go after the level 26-35 ships even though they're red by just constantly blasting and circling them, never lost. I can even take on about 5 ships at once that are red.

Also, the bigger the ship the harder it will be anyway. If it's a large one that's very tall it's a Man Of War and will be challenging.