Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awkward. :blush:

Lol woohops ☺️
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    The Linda and Mick scenes are so tedious. Mick is cringeworthy with the pathetic, drippy way that he speaks to Linda. And Linda, I just can't stand her - no wonder Johnny is going to leave.

Why do you hate Linda so much? Do you think Kellie and Danny can act?
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    What the hell were those final two scenes? Peter and Tosh are terrible.

• LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    great ep tonight!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Fantastic episode!!! Excellent week so far!!

The Beales and Carters! Stealing the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    How manipulative is Babe?

Poor Tina.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Yes
    The Next year I don't watch EastEnders on Christmas Day is the one I am Dead.
    I won't miss EastEnders at Xmas (Or any other time of the year) while i'm still breathing.
    So I voted Yes

Brilliant episode tonight. proper EastEnders :)

Peter smashing the Beale window and Shouting with Ian covering his ears was such a fantastic scene. I think Ian could head for a Breakdown again :(

The Final scene with Tosh and Tina was proper EastEnders. The EastEnders we have been missing for so long.

9/10 I hope the show keeps up this quality it's had for the past two weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I love how the father's rights are just totally disregarded

The father's right to force/guilt a woman into going through with a pregnancy she doesn't want :confused:

Some of the comments here regarding Tosh/Tina are disgusting.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,854
    Forum Member
    Tina is a lovely person but I can't feel sorry for her because she knows what a you know what Tina is and she keeps on going back to her.

Linda is really peeving me off too. She's prepared to break Mick's heart by having an abortion but won't tell him why becuase she thinks protecting Mick from whacking Dean is more important?! :confused: Is "L" ever going to tell Mick that she was raped by that weired good Dean?!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good episode last night. Aunt Babe is a fab character! I hope she isn't leaving.
    And I never thought I'd say this but....I really like Sonia and Tina together :blush:
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does EE on BBC catch up always take so long to come on, neither of yesterdays or Mondays episodes are available to download yet. Anyone else have this problem?
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Tina is a lovely person but I can't feel sorry for her because she knows what a you know what Tosh is and she keeps on going back to her.
    That's only because you don't know about domestic abuse in relationships and how it impacts -
    She's prepared to break Mick's heart by having an abortion but won't tell him why
    That's only because you don't know about the emotional impact of rape on it's victims -
    Forum Member
    Why does EE on BBC catch up always take so long to come on, neither of yesterdays or Mondays episodes are available to download yet. Anyone else have this problem?

If you mean via Sky Or Virgin, I have Sky and I find that the BBC often leave out putting programmes onto Sky Catch up but they have them available much quicker if you watch by computer and or if you have a smart TV and can get i player that way but not by sky catch up. Its annoying.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    The Next year I don't watch EastEnders on Christmas Day is the one I am Dead.
    I won't miss EastEnders at Xmas (Or any other time of the year) while i'm still breathing.
    So I voted Yes

Brilliant episode tonight. proper EastEnders :)

Peter smashing the Beale window and Shouting with Ian covering his ears was such a fantastic scene. I think Ian could head for a Breakdown again :(

The Final scene with Tosh and Tina was proper EastEnders. The EastEnders we have been missing for so long.

9/10 I hope the show keeps up this quality it's had for the past two weeks.

This 1000%% :D

Though that final 5 minutes I wouldn't have cut to Mick and Linda, I would have gone straight from Peter's rage to Tina and Tosh and kept the tension up.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tina is a lovely person but I can't feel sorry for her because she knows what a you know what Tina is and she keeps on going back to her.

Linda is really peeving me off too. She's prepared to break Mick's heart by having an abortion but won't tell him why becuase she thinks protecting Mick from whacking Dean is more important?! :confused: Is "L" ever going to tell Mick that she was raped by that weired good Dean?!

I think the writers have done a great job establishing Linda’s current emotional state. We’ve seen more than just the fact that she's anguished, we understand why she won’t tell anyone about the rape – she’s scared people won’t believe her, she frightened of Mick going postal on Dean, she may fear some sort of retribution from Dean, she feels exposed at everyone knowing something so tragic and personal, and she really just wants everything to stay the same between her and Mick. That doesn’t even account for the fact that her feelings are amplified due to her pregnancy and her fears that Dean might be the father of her baby. Linda has backed herself into a corner, but I can completely understand why she’s done it and I really feel for her.

But...

I do wish someone would notice that Linda’s whole demeanor changes drastically when Dean is around. Up until last night only Elaine (and possibly Babe, I thought I saw a scene in which she seemed to catch on) had noticed that Dean’s presence obviously upsets Linda. Mick had a puzzled look on his face last night when Linda started yelling about Dean’s role in the Johnny-scooter debacle that made me think Mick was finally, finally getting in tune with the fact that Linda is more upset when Dean is nearby. Instead of asking Linda, “What’s wrong??” for the umpteenth time, I wish he’d confront her directly by asking her why she seems so obviously distressed around Dean.

Mick, get a clue. Linda goes kind of mental when Dean’s around. There’s a connection.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you hate Linda so much? Do you think Kellie and Danny can act?

Kellie No. Danny can act(ish) but his character is a drip.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Kellie No. Danny can act(ish) but his character is a drip.

you don't hate kelly do you? Kellie was in Rock and Chips maybe watch that.
    Forum Member
    eejm wrote: »
    I think the writers have done a great job establishing Linda’s current emotional state. We’ve seen more than just the fact that she's anguished, we understand why she won’t tell anyone about the rape – she’s scared people won’t believe her, she frightened of Mick going postal on Dean, she may fear some sort of retribution from Dean, she feels exposed at everyone knowing something so tragic and personal, and she really just wants everything to stay the same between her and Mick. That doesn’t even account for the fact that her feelings are amplified due to her pregnancy and her fears that Dean might be the father of her baby. Linda has backed herself into a corner, but I can completely understand why she’s done it and I really feel for her.

But...

I do wish someone would notice that Linda’s whole demeanor changes drastically when Dean is around. Up until last night only Elaine (and possibly Babe, I thought I saw a scene in which she seemed to catch on) had noticed that Dean’s presence obviously upsets Linda. Mick had a puzzled look on his face last night when Linda started yelling about Dean’s role in the Johnny-scooter debacle that made me think Mick was finally, finally getting in tune with the fact that Linda is more upset when Dean is nearby. Instead of asking Linda, “What’s wrong??” for the umpteenth time, I wish he’d confront her directly by asking her why she seems so obviously distressed around Dean.

Mick, get a clue. Linda goes kind of mental when Dean’s around. There’s a connection.

But Linda's reasons for not telling Mick do not hold up. She thinks its ok to have an abortion without telling Mick the real reason why and thats better than telling him the truth? No way is it better!
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    But Linda's reasons for not telling Mick do not hold up. She thinks its ok to have an abortion without telling Mick the real reason why and thats better than telling him the truth? No way is it better!

I didn't say that I thought it was good or right for Linda not to tell Mick. For the record, I desperately want her to tell Mick and wish she'd have done it from the start. I just said that I understand what she's thinking and how she's gotten to this point.
  • Allons-y AmyAllons-y Amy Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Sulla, Mick is going to be the daddy! I just know it

i don't think linda is in any fit state to have a baby, especially if it turns out to be deans!
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Oh goodie, another family situation that Aunt Babe can manipulate to her own advantage.

I think you've missed the point. She already did the manipulating. And this time it went spectacularly wrong. You could see by the look on her face at the end she was like "what have I done?"
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you don't hate kelly do you? Kellie was in Rock and Chips maybe watch that.

Err, no thanks!
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching on catchup, can't help but feel Tina's injuries were a tad over-battered!!