Options

Frankie Owned Tonight

Comments

• Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirliton wrote: »
    And you're being arrogant. Not the way to earn respect.

I think anyone who wishes to post highly critical comments of the contestants - "dreadful", "awful", "appalling, really bad", "nothing good there technically at all" in your case - should do so under their full name, instead of hiding behind an anonymous username.

I have not asked for respect for myself. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else think pf me. I was refering to a comment aimed at Bendymixer, who is a Pro. Get your facts right.
    As for anonymous username....excuse me but what part of Jennifer do not not understand?
    I take it that Mirliton is your name?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Allow me to cast some doubt.

Caroline lost energy and became a little lumpen and heavy-footed in the middle section of her supposedly faultless dance, so for me it wasn't worth a 40.

I loved both of Frankie's dances tonight, both choreo and execution.

Caroline may have lost energy in the middle of her salsa a bit, but I barely saw a step in Frankie's AT that I didn't think was a little bit suspect, and some bits of it were unfortunately downright ugly. I don't understand how anyone can think how she got out of that first drop was in any way well executed!

And I get that she was supposed to be a stiff doll in the Rumba, but it just looked extremely awkward and there was no emotive connection in either dance.
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    Kaycee is quite correct, also AS is not Foxtrot in any case.
    Her fox tonight was awful.

AS is quite often foxtrot based though, and Caroline's was!
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    I thought it was fantastic. Could you point out what wasn't good about it?

Even to my untrained eye (I dance ballroom and Latin but have only ever done the odd AT workshop) it was extremely messy and awkward, the transitions weren't smooth, especially getting out of that first drop, and there were lots of very awkward steps. I wouldn't have minded the vacant expression on her face if she's danced well (see Alesha's AT for an example of fairly decent dancing overcoming nervous acting performance), but it was just all a bit of a jumble.
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    It shall come as no surprise to you that I didn't see it like that at all :D Was Caroline's better in this respect? For me, Frankie's was miles ahead of Caroline's AT purely for the passion Frankie had in hers (and Caroline looked quite vacant)

I thought Frankie looked equally vacant! (I'm not a fan of Caroline's AT either). Simon's the only one this series who's done a remotely good AT in my opinion.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rhumba was like a child dancing no passion
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love her in dramatic dances...she plays that character so well and I like how it's so NOT what you would expect from her.

The only At that gave me goosebumps besides Simon's.

She was AMAZING :cool:

Sigh...the best AT in this show rarely get above a 38.

BEST dance of the night imo tied with Simon's foxtrot.
  • Options
    Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie has not improved much at all. Not keen on her Argentine tango. She always has a stilted performance
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie has no passion, no wow factor she has been the same since week one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Frankie had a good week, saved her best - so far- for the semi. Really liked both dances and Kevin has really worked on her feet as they are much improved.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I'm still trying to understand what Frankie owned tonight. :confused: She competently danced two dances which would have been "wow" if it was week 5 but neither performance was worthy of a semi-final. I like Frankie and thought she had potential but, she seems to have plateaued and I'm unsure whether it's her fault or that of her self absorbed partner.

Exactly. Feels like Kevin has gone OTT on twee. FGS why?
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    houdi wrote: »
    First Frankie had dead eyes and now Caroline is vacant. And the insults just keep coming folks.

I didn't mean it as a personal insult to Caroline, just that she wasn't really connecting with, or passionate, in her AT.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was stunning! A 9 for her Rumba and a 10 for her Argentine Tango from me! :D

Can I just ask what the f is wrong with Darcey?! The SAME score for Frankie's AT and Simon's awful Samba? Is she on crack?!

No, but Simon has guns
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I like her but she's a very beige person.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes not consistent and she's no spark, warmth or personality . She's yawn

True. Agree
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie has not improved much at all. Not keen on her Argentine tango. She always has a stilted performance

Agree.......her legs looked weak, like jelly, the lifts, as always looked laden and heavy, rarely fluid.
    The first dance was a cop out, twee and a ridiculous excuse from Kevin re; their partners watching......it's a performance, it doesn't have to be sex on legs...however it cleverly avoided spotlighting her poor technique and the critique all the others have had from attempting traditional ( strictly) steps...instead we had her being dragged on her arse across the floor by her ankle...that made me laugh though :D
  • Options
    MirlitonMirliton Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I have not asked for respect for myself. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else think pf me. I was refering to a comment aimed at Bendymixer, who is a Pro. Get your facts right.
    As for anonymous username....excuse me but what part of Jennifer do not not understand?
    I take it that Mirliton is your name?

And what part of "full name" do you not understand?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Christ you're rude. What difference is there whether post my full name or not. You would not believe anything I say ....would you. Does anyone else post using their full name....
    Its clear to me by your ridiculous comments that you know nothing about the Ballroom and Latin dances and you object to anyone that has a different and more informed opinion than you. IF you take a look inside the Ballroom/Latin questions thread, I;m sure you will find it an informative and interesting read.
    I have nothing to prove to you,I know what I know.
  • Options
    MirlitonMirliton Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Christ you're rude. What difference is there whether post my full name or not. You would not believe anything I say ....would you. Does anyone else post using their full name....
    Its clear to me by your ridiculous comments that you know nothing about the Ballroom and Latin dances and you object to anyone that has a different and more informed opinion than you. IF you take a look inside the Ballroom/Latin questions thread, I;m sure you will find it an informative and interesting read.
    I have nothing to prove to you,I know what I know.

I think it's clear from your posts such as this who the rude one is.
  • Options
    BricksyBricksy Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Ladies, how about you sort this per PM instead of annoying the rest of us with your off-topic grievances.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    She clearly didn't 'own' the evening. She didn't top the leaderboard.

I most definitely prefer her to Caroline but that's not saying much. I'd rather a chap won.

Who knows? Everything can change after the Showdance. Bring it on. But she didn't come first so she didn't 'own' the show. Pedantic perhaps. But accurate.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie is my third favourite (after Caroline and Simon). She hasn't really improved any since week 1 but some of her dances have been great. I hope she gets to the final but I'm not sure if I would vote for her.
  • Options
    strictlyflickstrictlyflick Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Mirliton I think you are being extremely rude. No one sensible uses their full name on forums and you haven't either. Aldo why does that make someone's opinion more of lesson valid?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bricksy wrote: »
    Ladies, how about you sort this per PM instead of annoying the rest of us with your off-topic grievances.

Noted, with apologies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirliton I think you are being extremely rude. No one sensible uses their full name on forums and you haven't either. Aldo why does that make someone's opinion more of lesson valid?

Indeed, we are all entitled to opinions, but sometimes facts are facts in dancing and you can't ignore that. People with a trained eye, and there are quite a few on this forum, can spot errors and lack of proper technique at a glance.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Unforunately the lead in the AT was Kevin's fault. They have had some wonderful AT experts on SCD trying to show them how to do it and give helpful suggestions. Sadly, they are not always listened to.

This AT did not have an expert involved and it showed. I would have loved to had the chance to show Frankie how to use her legs and feet. I would have liked to have explained to Kevin how to walk, lead and find the connection he so clearly did not grasp.

Frankie is lovely, but she's not had the best teaching from the Grimsby Gerbil. She has a beautiful top line but from the waist down she is weak. Her Latin is not good and has not improved. Kevin is too into Kevin to ever be a good teacher. :(

I agree with your points here and after, but I thought I saw on ITT that a guest choreographer was in with them for this to help with the AT.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her AT was the dance of the night for me - gave me goosebumps, was just amazing.

Go Frankie!!
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can I suggest you take the time to read the rules of posting on digital spy? Attacking people unecessarily is neither clever nor grown up. Hounding someone is not good manners either. Jennifer F has tried to be reasonable.