Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread

Comments

• mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

It's so cute :blush: I also love Robert grabbing his waist. And they look happy. The shoulder thing is like two people with a crush :D
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    As much as I loved the quick kiss and nearly getting caught, I enjoyed the talking scene much, MUCH more. Robert telling Aaron that he listens to him because he talks a lot of sense warmed my little heart, especially after seeing Robert be so cruel and controlling, it was so nice to see him being open for once.

It was a lovely surprise for Aaron to be told he talks sense I think too. It was a great conversation. I think I prefered that scene too :D.

You can tell they tested Ryan and Danny's chemistry because they're excelling right now.
    And Tezza, yes, the talking scene was fantastic. Aaron behaved in the exact opposite way to a soap cliche. He didn't fly off the handle, he thought it through with emotional intelligence, and they both listened to each other. It was very surprising and satisfying.

That's another thing. I was expecting the soap obvious - Aaron would say he was lying and manipulative etc and they'd be off with each other until tomorrow. Instead we actually got him listening and understanding. Showed how mature and understanding Aaron is.
    I think at the moment they're both just secretly happy that they've found somebody who gets them. I think eventually aaron will get bored of being the other man/dirty little secret, but that will be another bridge to cross as this relationship goes further!

But you can tell they're both developing feelings, they just don't want it to end yet!

Oh I agree. I think now it's just the rush and excitement at all. Aaron's barely seen anything of Chrissie so it's almost like she doesn't exist. It'll be harder for him when he sees that the wedding is still going ahead and Robert has to prioritise her.

By the way just in case anyone didn't know Emmerdale is on at 6:30 tonight.
  • black_amaryllisblack_amaryllis Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    :D

It's just lovely.

I think they've said that Danny worked with Ryan in his auditions haven't they? It clearly paid off, their chemistry is fantastic.

I know right? :D I read it too and it's clearly working because they are just so natural together and you can cut the ust with a knife :blush:
  • KartemStrictlyKartemStrictly Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    It's so cute :blush: I also love Robert grabbing his waist. And they look happy. The shoulder thing is like two people with a crush :D

It was a lovely surprise for Aaron to be told he talks sense I think too. It was a great conversation. I think I prefered that scene too :D.

You can tell they tested Ryan and Danny's chemistry because they're excelling right now.

That's another thing. I was expecting the soap obvious - Aaron would say he was lying and manipulative etc and they'd be off with each other until tomorrow. Instead we actually got him listening and understanding. Showed how mature and understanding Aaron is.

Oh I agree. I think now it's just the rush and excitement at all. Aaron's barely seen anything of Chrissie so it's almost like she doesn't exist. It'll be harder for him when he sees that the wedding is still going ahead and Robert has to prioritise her.

Agreed. Ah I don't want it to end, not even for a week! this little relationship is exactly what the british soaps needed right now! :)
  • Zen LotusZen Lotus Posts: 264
    Forum Member

Totally agree with you. It was the scene that made the most impression with me. The fact that they talked finding something in common and Robert freely admitting that he listened to what Aaron said was simply amazing.
  • Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    Zen Lotus wrote: »
    Totally agree with you. It was the scene that made the most impression with me. The fact that they talked finding something in common and Robert freely admitting that he listened to what Aaron said was simply amazing.

From Robert it is totally Amazing :blush:
    Forum Member

Exactly, this is why it was so important for me seeing these meaningful scenes between them. With the wedding approaching and the troubles with Katie stirring, it was necessary to show that there is something there and they are not just two fools willing to risk everything just for some good sex
    Forum Member
    I'm still rewatching yesterday episode and wow... :blush: even if they simply looking at each other, every stare is full of longing and lust
    Forum Member
    Zen Lotus wrote: »
    I'm still rewatching yesterday episode and wow... :blush: even if they simply looking at each other, every stare is full of longing and lust

Same, agreed. And the look Robert gives Aaron before they left the church, like he wanted him to know he meant what he said that morning, and he was sorry for it!
    Forum Member
    Same, agreed. And the look Robert gives Aaron before they left the church, like he wanted him to know he meant what he said that morning, and he was sorry for it!

Yep it was full of understanding between the two of them. You can Tell that they are falling hard. :blush:
    Forum Member
    Will be catching up again later, so will post my response later :) Hope you're all enjoying the ep!
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god i do love these two together
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do i. They are a fantastic pairing and I hope they become a couple. I think they are both falling for one another. It isn't just sex anymore.
  • Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Are there any spoilers for them next week?
    Forum Member
    Didn't like tonight's as much as yesterday's but then that was a nice surprise and today's had far too much Jai and Megan! :D

Still I like that Robert's sole reason for investing (as if we didn't know) was to have an excuse to meet up with him. He's already being reckless though. Had a good chuckle at Adam thinking Robert was going to be difficult to persuade back on board. Oh naive little Adam ;).

I'm guessing Chas's comment about Aaron not being round at the reception means he and Robert found somewhere else to go ;)
    Songbird90 wrote: »
    Are there any spoilers for them next week?

Yes, although not Monday and Tuesday I don't think. DS have them :)
  • Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Yes, although not Monday and Tuesday I don't think. DS have them :)[/QUOTE]

Oooh thanks! Just read them, they sound good :D
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that Robert's main reason for waning to invest was so he could meet up with Aaron without anyone getting too suspicious, although would they really need to meet up that much for an investment like this? :D

Still, despite knowing what all their scenes were tonight, it was nice to have the dialogue added in.
    Forum Member
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    I loved that Robert's main reason for waning to invest was so he could meet up with Aaron without anyone getting too suspicious, although would they really need to meet up that much for an investment like this? :D

Still, despite knowing what all their scenes were tonight, it was nice to have the dialogue added in.

Yes it was :D

Is Adam not going to get a bit suss that he's not invited to these meetings? :D If they're supposed to be running it together and the meetings are exclusively Aaron and Robert (in a barn/car/whatever other locations they fancy ;)).
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Adam not going to get a bit suss that he's not invited to these meetings? :D If they're supposed to be running it together and the meetings are exclusively Aaron and Robert (in a barn/car/whatever other locations they fancy ;)).

I'm really intrigued about who's going to find out first :blush:

Obviously my first guess is Katie, but if she leaves without knowing (which I think she might) then I'm stumped :p
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to Watch :blush:
    Forum Member
    In agreement that tonight's episode wasn't as great as last night, but still loved the scenes!

The investment is just so he gets to meet Aaron :D so cute!

I can't wait to see more of this storyline, going to be good! And we all thought that the barn scene was going to be when Lachlan gets ill, so does that mean we have more scenes next week! Is it the NYE and NY episodes that Aaron discovers Roberts feelings or something like that?

I LOVE THIS STORYLINE :D
    Forum Member
    Yes it was :D

LoL I can't stop laughing at your comment. But it's so sweet that Robert decided to invest only to be close to Aaron :blush::D
    Forum Member
    Yesterday the scenes were totally unexpected and so fantastic, tonight we knew we'll get that famous barn kiss but guys what a kiss :blush: I can't stop watching it. ;-)
    Forum Member

I agree with you! Ryan gave an extraordinary performance. You can feel how deeply regretful he is.
    Yep it was full of understanding between the two of them. You can Tell that they are falling hard. :blush:

Yes, because Aaron knows that Robert did his best, he was there when he humiliates himself in front of his family
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, new Robron fan here lol, I think Aaron and Robert are fantastic, Danny and Ryan have great chemistry and they are so believable. I really like the pairing and it certainly wasn't what I was expecting.

The scenes yesterday when Robert tried to bury the hatchet with Andy were really sweet and you could tell he felt bad for getting the rings engraved. I actually felt sorry for Robert and also the scenes where he said he listens to Aaron, I loved that. It shows that Robert and Aaron have both matured from when they were last in the village. Aaron still has his temper and Robert is still impulsive and does things without thinking, but he does regret (some of) them later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    I'm about to watch the episode.

Looking forward to it.

Will be back in half an hour. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.