Options

Hollyoaks: Silas Returns Spoilers & Speculation!

McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
Forum Member
✭✭
A thread for those who want to speculate etc and aren't afraid of spoilers :p

If Jeffe Rawle is filming this week, this could be around the time Hollyoaks: Later airs. Meaning some gritty stuff similar to last year.

Surely he would be back for revenge on original intended victim, Texas. And of course Lynsey. However would Hollyoaks be brave enough to kill off one of their leading actresses (i.e. Mercedes, Mitzeee, Lynsey etc).

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oaks didn't have the nerve to have Silas kill a "main" character before he got caught. I don't think it will happen this time either
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope he kills one more time and that he is on screen for longer than a week!
    I have heard that:
    Texas sells her story to the papers soon as its in the spoilers for the end of June. But I've also heard that this is why Silas returns and he goes after her. Makes me think he kills her so the storyline comes full circle as she was supposed to be the first victim.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Yeah - I just read in All About Soap that Texas ...
    and Dodger get it on - Texas makes a foolish decision - Texas fears for her safety.

At that plays out over three days in the final week of June.
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever happens its going to be good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope he kills one more time and that he is on screen for longer than a week!
    I have heard that:
    Texas sells her story to the papers soon as its in the spoilers for the end of June. But I've also heard that this is why Silas returns and he goes after her. Makes me think he kills her so the storyline comes full circle as she was supposed to be the first victim.
    Rain wrote: »
    Yeah - I just read in All About Soap that Texas ...
    and Dodger get it on - Texas makes a foolish decision - Texas fears for her safety.

At that plays out over three days in the final week of June.

That's interesting and probably likely.

I don't know if HO would have the nerve to kill off Texas. I think they could but i'm just not so sure, I think it'd be disappointing for Silas to return and NOT kill someone :p
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he probobaly will kill someone why else would they bring him back
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    I hope he isn't just around for Later, I would hate to just see a week of this, I want to see this go on for months, I know that Later has always lasted a week, but as most of the storylines this year have lasted just a week and the Silas storyline last year was amazing and brought in double the ratings the show has now, they really should have it last a good amount of time.

It will probably end with Silas' death and they need to focus on all the characters involved and have a real aftermath and the other storylines will need to be just as good, they can't repeat the same mistake they did last year where they lost all the viewers they gained and the ones that stuck around became really critical and annoyed by the lack of aftermath and the focus on poor characters and storylines.

I would also like to see a main character killed, Texas would obviously be the best choice, she was meant to be the first HOs victim. Obviously Lynsey would have to be in the storyline, but she should survive. And Mercedes is still around, if Riley and Mitzeee are together when this happens, Mitzeee could be a target.. Silas could take offense that Riley is dating Heidi's cousin, plus the fact that Mitzeee and Carl slept together. Doug would have to react, even though he and Ste are loved up and having picnics and sneaking pecks on the cheek, they really can't forget the love of Doug's life, a woman, was killed by Silas last year.

But how long could Silas last? He could no longer hide out in the open, he can no longer pose as a father and grandfather, the mistaken target of a mad woman, he would have to really hide, Brendan would also be a big threat to him and there would be no-one doubting that Silas is back because it would make the news, which again would make it tricky for Silas because the police will be around, which makes me think that this storyline might only last a week, but as this was my favourite soap story ever, I would gladly take some plot holes to have Silas around for a lot longer.

I would also love to see Silas take Lynsey and hear him talk about his past and all the women he killed, over 100 as the paper claims, then it could end with Brendan rescuing Lynsey and Silas ending up dead, heart attack, murder, suicide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Texas would be a good choice for the death. Like many are saying, it'd sort of bring the story full circle and complete the original intention. I know soaps film 6-8 weeks in advance, so if that is true, Silas' return would be mid-August (main show) and then his appearance in Later (if he's returning at all) would be the first or second week of September (if it's like last year). So he's return could tie up in the main show, then the gritty stuff in later.

I think a good way to end this would be him killing Texas in Later (in say...episode 3/4) and then he himself dies in the final episode. I think that pattern would be quite good.

Let's face it, Silas always worked better when he was at his most violent, so these late night episodes would do the story justice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    hmm, i've possibly (probably!) missed something, but why isn't Silas in prison!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bex78 wrote: »
    hmm, i've possibly (probably!) missed something, but why isn't Silas in prison!?

He wasn't sent to prison (I don't think), he was deemed insane. Don't ask how I know this as I haven't watched HO in months! I do read bits in the soap magazines and here though.

I have a funny feeling he pleads for something like 'day release', worse decision a home could ever make for someone like our Silas :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    He wasn't sent to prison (I don't think), he was deemed insane. Don't ask how I know this as I haven't watched HO in months! I do read bits in the soap magazines and here though.

I have a funny feeling he pleads for something like 'day release', worse decision a home could ever make for someone like our Silas :D

Aah right, i probably just assumed he was in prison...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bex78 wrote: »

He was in prison up until a few weeks ago when the papers announced that he wouldn't stand trial and instead would be committed to a hospital as he was declared insane.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    ...Yes, PLEASE bump off Texas!

(And Jono too! I BEG you!)

I wonder if he would go after Mercy too? She hasn't changed her ways and he didn't get to kill her last time.

I agree it would be a total shame if he did return without a kill, it's what we all love him for! And yes, hopefully he will be around for longer than a few episodes!
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I can't see Silas being around for longer than a few days, a week at most. It would make no sense for him to escape from a hospital for the criminally insane to return to Hollyoaks and possibly finish, or try to finish, what he started with Mercedes and/or Lynsey (and why else would he return to Hollyoaks?) and not be recaptured (ore else die) pretty quickly. I know the spoilers are suggesting Texas is the one but, really, why would she be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I'm excited to see this. I love Jeff/Silas... I felt it was very rushed after he killed Heidi. Excited. If he is in Later, could this have something to do with the heartbreak for the sixth formers? Or Brendan?...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fure2009 wrote: »
    I'm excited to see this. I love Jeff/Silas... I felt it was very rushed after he killed Heidi. Excited. If he is in Later, could this have something to do with the heartbreak for the sixth formers? Or Brendan?...

That's what I thought too. Don't forget Silas set him up (I think!)
  • Options
    joolzjoolz Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see him murder Lyndsey - she taunted him and was responsible for him getting caught so I think she would be the one he would return to Hollyoaks for
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were done with this storyline?:confused: Am I the only one who doesn't want Silas to return and kill again?:o not saying it would be a bad thing and as interesting as it would be to see him go after hmmm I dunno possibly Maddie or Liberty?:D I'm just a bit worried that his return could be written badly...I'm actually not sure if he should return or not:o it would make Oaks more exciting but then.....I just don't know how I feel about this :/
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how about silas is killed off and this whole storyline is forgotten so we can move on to newer storylines rather than repeated ones.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's basicallly an admission of defeat isn't it? I don't think the current producer is going to last much longer. She's probably only hanging on because they haven't found a replacement yet.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its great.

Defeat, Plant? Hardly!

It always seemed as if the Silas storyline wasn't over.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its great.

Defeat, Plant? Hardly!

It always seemed as if the Silas storyline wasn't over.

There's no way they planned this. It's a last minute panic storyline like a few have been lately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I thought they were done with this storyline?:confused: Am I the only one who doesn't want Silas to return and kill again?:o not saying it would be a bad thing and as interesting as it would be to see him go after hmmm I dunno possibly Maddie or Liberty?:D I'm just a bit worried that his return could be written badly...I'm actually not sure if he should return or not:o it would make Oaks more exciting but then.....I just don't know how I feel about this :/

This is what worries me Ringo, the writing is very childish at the moment, I am not sure the new writers are up to it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't bother me if it's just been penned, if it's done right then that's fine.

The problem is, this was Hollyoaks last big GOOD storyline that had everyone talking, so moving on clearly hasn't worked in a big impact kind of way since this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think HOs is getting desperate, this year hasn't exactly been full of praise, it has been the opposite and the sad thing is is that they had the right storylines, but they were weak, they weren't played out to their full potential, they were over before they were began, things happened too fast to be believable, characters were in for a week and out for a month. Teens were the focus non stop for months which drove a lot of viewers away. Lately as well has having short storylines the writing has been quite weak, characters are being rewritten to fit storylines instead of the other way around. There are a lot of complaints and the ratings are down, they need something big, they know that Silas is big.

I also think that Silas has been brought back because last year the ratings were double what they are now, they know the storyline was loved and they saw the buzz it created, they know that it was a big storyline and hopefully they know that they messed up with the lack of aftermath and they will now fix is.

I am looking forward to Silas' return, I also know that it will probably end in his death, but I hope we see a good few weeks of his storyline and it is up to the same standard as it was last year, but my fear is that it will be a quick storyline the other storylines this year and I also fear that the writing for the story and for the characters will be messed up and it could ruin the whole Silas storyline, including last year. There also needs to be a main character death for it to create the bang that people are looking forward to it having.

They also need to make sure they have good storylines to run along side the aftermath and not have another teen week which ruined the ending to Silas last year. This might get last years viewers back, lets hope they don't make the same mistake and show some awful storyline after to drive them away.