Options

It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    doop wrote: »
    I`ve not watched a single episode of this years, I only watched last year because some feed returned and that was very limited.

I think the standard BB is on borrowed time, people have moved on and now many of its once solid fan base have been pushed away and also moved on.
    The lack of live feed, the constant control of the show and manipulation, the pathetic picks of housemates, the lack of normal people from all social backgrounds the list is endless.

I doubt there is much they could do to even save the sinking ship now to be fair, I think its too far gone.

And the pathetic buffoons in the crowd doing mindless anti contestant chants and outside world contact as well. Channel 5 just can't grasp the show anymore and its sad to see. :(
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New management may be better to axe it and bring a new show based on old Big Brother. This new show will be called Big Sister and it will have people in the house for up to 3 months. Plus you can watch there every move live on the website :D
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a load of bollocks
    So this is ben frows "lets see if they want a live feed"? I asked them both Endemol and Channel 5 to put a survey up and ask people directly what they want?
    when one of the questions has BLOODY Stand by the bed as an answer?? WTF are they playing at?? Take the hint channel 5 that show could be used as some sort of mental torture in a Military Facility.

So after all the hype they still could bring themselves to just ask "do you want a live feed"
    *****ing fuming..
  • Options
    Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Things is, the survey is about the website really, it's us who are telling them in no uncertain terms about their appalling treatment of the live feed, The shower running(or ruining) BB really do have their heads firmly stuck up their bottoms.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah oathy, agreed :(

The best use for the website would be to give us a live feed
    but the survey doesn't even directly address it or ask the question.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    I think I've done about 5 so far. Will do some more later. If you're doing multiple ones - change up the gender and age range so they know it's not just a select group that want it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things is, the survey is about the website really, it's us who are telling them in no uncertain terms about their appalling treatment of the live feed, The shower running(or ruining) BB really do have their heads firmly stuck up their bottoms.
    sangreal wrote: »
    Yeah oathy, agreed :(

The best use for the website would be to give us a live feed
    but the survey doesn't even directly address it or ask the question.

what utterly pisses me off.
    even now right at this moment they still couldn't use the power of the official website to ask one basic Question
    "do you want a live feed"
    complete and utter contempt not only for us but the show and that's the reason
    I've lost all faith in them they talk but the actions are completely different.
    So as it stands the unofficial polls we do it still the only ones asking about a live feed.
    And people wonder why Channel 5 and this current series is in the mess. they already know the bloody answer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filled out the survey, mentioned the Live Feed wherever I could. (Even that I would pay a subscription for it!)

Thanks for the heads-up. I never go to their site normally, as it's a bit crappy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

so makes you wonder why the obsession with stand by the STi clinic even gets a mention. >:( they are obsessed with that show? whats the matter channel 5 cant take rejection? the show is faecal matter just dropped there and some viewers come along and step right in it.
  • Options
    TigerlilyTigerlily Posts: 9,867
    Forum Member
    Filled in the survey and mentioned live feed in almost every box available. They can't even admit that you may not watch some of the rubbish they put on because they insist on an answer to some questions with no choice of none of these >:(
  • Options
    Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    so makes you wonder why the obsession with stand by the STi clinic even gets a mention. >:( they are obsessed with that show? whats the matter channel 5 cant take rejection? the show is faecal matter just dropped there and some viewers come along and step right in it.

LOL at bib!

coming soon from Channel 5-Celeb shit in a bucket
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at bib!

Isn't that BOTS?

Channel 5 really do come out with some awful shit. Celebrity Wedding Planner, Shit on the Side, Celebrity Super Spa, The Bachelor UK, Live From Studio Five, OK!TV, 5News and Touch The Truck plus documentaries featuring Josie Gibson and Amy Childs.

It really is no surprise that Big Brother went down the trashy route as soon as it moved to Channel 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerlily wrote: »
    Filled in the survey and mentioned live feed in almost every box available. They can't even admit that you may not watch some of the rubbish they put on because they insist on an answer to some questions with no choice of none of these >:(
    LOL at bib!

hmeister wrote: »
    Isn't that BOTS?

Channel 5 really do come out with some awful shit. Celebrity Wedding Planner, Shit on the Side, Celebrity Super Spa, The Bachelor UK, Live From Studio Five, OK!TV, 5News and Touch The Truck plus documentaries featuring Josie Gibson and Amy Childs.

It really is no surprise that Big Brother went down the trashy route as soon as it moved to Channel 5.

what really offends me.
    this survey will now be used not only to justify this farce of a series.
    but also "Well it showed no support for a live feed".
    that's what I hate since the feed was Axed Channel 4 couldn't do it and Channel 5 are the same. yet they could ask Questions about other elements yet not the feed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could also be argued they wanted Towie so they can deal with the TOWIE Ratings.
    that show hardly ever touches 1 million so if you are going to copy a show that fairs lower than the show you had. The saying Cant have it all is pretty apt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could also be argued they wanted Towie so they can deal with the TOWIE Ratings.
    that show hardly ever touches 1 million so if you are going to copy a show that fairs lower than the show you had. The saying Cant have it all is pretty apt

When Big Brother had just finished on Channel 4, TOWIE was launched on ITV and would get over a million viewers. I remember reading that shows like TOWIE would be the future of reality TV and then Channel 5 announced that they had bought the rights to Big Brother and I knew (so did Twitter) that Big Brother would no longer be the same. Then they announced that Live Feed was axed http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149/big-brother/news/a335457/big-brother-live-feed-axe-confirmed-by-channel-5.html#~oJ5369mjBEszB5 and it was obvious that Channel 5 didn't actually want Big Brother as the reality show it was. 4 years later it continues to get worse and worse and is now just a rotting corpse waiting to be buried.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    When Big Brother had just finished on Channel 4, TOWIE was launched on ITV and would get over a million viewers. I remember reading that shows like TOWIE would be the future of reality TV and then Channel 5 announced that they had bought the rights to Big Brother and I knew (so did Twitter) that Big Brother would no longer be the same. Then they announced that Live Feed was axed http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s149/big-brother/news/a335457/big-brother-live-feed-axe-confirmed-by-channel-5.html#~oJ5369mjBEszB5 and it was obvious that Channel 5 didn't actually want Big Brother as the reality show it was. 4 years later it continues to get worse and worse and is now just a rotting corpse waiting to be buried.

It sounds so arrogant on my part but hope people know the way I mean it.
    Last year Channel 5 got me back watching that survey tonight when it asked was I watching I clicked No.. "thank you C5 only want people currently watching".
    No "is there a reason you watched last year but not this year". I swear that survey is even weaker than the ones last year.

I don't know how the person was evicted tonight but the forum doesn't seem happy.
    people will realise sooner or later all Channel 5 want is the votes everything else really is irrelevant. I still think if people had access to a live feed they would be stunned how various HM's are on that (the feed) and in the h/l show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Filled out the survey, mentioned the Live Feed wherever I could. (Even that I would pay a subscription for it!)

Thanks for the heads-up. I never go to their site normally, as it's a bit crappy.

Ditto. mentioned livefeed even if question was about something else.
  • Options
    johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pardon my ignorance, but why was live feed even axed in the first place?
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fear and money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Channel 4 because of cost cutting during BB10 but we had late night live feed on E4.

Channel 5 because they want to control and fix the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wont bore you with the long gruesome details but to cut a very long complex story short.

Just after Channel 4 signed the last contract all the phone votes scandal with other shows kicked off. And the Channel 4 board decided there and then all premium rate services must end. this left Channel 4 with a huge problem they had just paid 30 million for BB (the show had been pulling in 15% of Channel 4's total income even in the later years.

Now when BB11 started the feed was back but they had a problem how to provide a feed cover the cost but not make a profit (as this was still forbidden). They basically under priced the feed it was just insane situation there and then a 3rd party should have been allowed the rights taking the entire issue out of Channel 4's hands.

when channel 5 bought the show the first thing should have been a full viability study on all aspects (the spin off shows) everything. recent replies from Endemol suggest after some years on Channel 5 they are still seeking a "viable" option this includes 3rd party so basically its just been allowed to remain axed with no real urge to push it forward even though Ben Frow said he would like a feed back himself (whether that's true is anyones guess). Endemol want a feed back also so both sides want it (apparently) but its not back.

Viacom have said they would pass on the information sent urging for a full review of the live feed services to the relevant people and ask them to check things over.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    I wont bore you with the long gruesome details but to cut a very long complex story short.

Just after Channel 4 signed the last contract all the phone votes scandal with other shows kicked off. And the Channel 4 board decided there and then all premium rate services must end. this left Channel 4 with a huge problem they had just paid 30 million for BB (the show had been pulling in 15% of Channel 4's total income even in the later years.

Now when BB11 started the feed was back but they had a problem how to provide a feed cover the cost but not make a profit (as this was still forbidden). They basically under priced the feed it was just insane situation there and then a 3rd party should have been allowed the rights taking the entire issue out of Channel 4's hands.

when channel 5 bought the show the first thing should have been a full viability study on all aspects (the spin off shows) everything. recent replies from Endemol suggest after some years on Channel 5 they are still seeking a "viable" option this includes 3rd party so basically its just been allowed to remain axed with no real urge to push it forward even though Ben Frow said he would like a feed back himself (whether that's true is anyones guess). Endemol want a feed back also so both sides want it (apparently) but its not back.

Viacom have said they would pass on the information sent urging for a full review of the live feed services to the relevant people and ask them to check things over.

Source? I've not seen anything of Viacom commenting on Big Brother.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have duly filled in the survey mentioning the LF wherever allowable.

I have a feeling it will be A) taken down, or B) the results ignored.

C5 only want answers that match their agenda sadly.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member

Oathy you are so needed on the other threads too. Even the get Ashleigh out chants were nasty tonight, she has had a bad week and done some wrong things, however if we got to watch live feed we'd see a different Ashleigh. Pains me to say it but Ashleigh maybe out of there on Friday. The devious bosses have worked their magic keeping foul mouthed nasty Helen in and if we again had live feed she'd be gone. Honest to god seeing Tonight's eviction was as mind numbing as they come and pretty rotten too. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »
    Source? I've not seen anything of Viacom commenting on Big Brother.

Head of public relations email.
    they got the same folder Ben Frow. Richard Desmond got took them a while to reply but did in the end.