Hollyoaks- Lack of backstory/continuity for Silas's victims

McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
Forum Member
✭✭
I have noticed this increasingly, it doesn't bother me too much because I know storylines have to move on, but seeing as Hollyoaks are revisiting the Silas storyline again, it made me wonder:

India gets mentioned a lot (Silas's first victim) by Texas and now recently by Silas (asking Texas to hand over the ring), we have even had the recent dream sequences.

Rae and Bex/Jenny hardly ever get mentioned. Texas did mention her in the c4 episode but Silas never seems to refer to this particular murder (which was by far the worst and violent on screen). Ste never mentions her either :confused:

Heidi was mentioned but Riley barely mentions his mother. The remorse Silas originally showed last year now has gone and he doesn't seem too bothered about murdering his daughter.

It's like they're all impulse murders.

Comments

• sammy_bradysammy_brady Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I have noticed this increasingly, it doesn't bother me too much because I know storylines have to move on, but seeing as Hollyoaks are revisiting the Silas storyline again, it made me wonder:

India gets mentioned a lot (Silas's first victim) by Texas and now recently by Silas (asking Texas to hand over the ring), we have even had the recent dream sequences.

Rae and Bex/Jenny hardly ever get mentioned. Texas did mention her in the c4 episode but Silas never seems to refer to this particular murder (which was by far the worst and violent on screen). Ste never mentions her either :confused:

Heidi was mentioned but Riley barely mentions his mother. The remorse Silas originally showed last year now has gone and he doesn't seem too bothered about murdering his daughter.

It's like they're all impulse murders.
    I know what you mean when you found out why silas killed those girls he had in some ways a reason to kill them because his wife cheated on him and thats what started it so he killed anyone who was unfaithful or willing to be
    but now it seems as if its changed to him wanting the rings thats the main cause which it wasn't before.
    it does annoy me with rae not being mentioned considering how close her and ste were and the effect it had on her friends at the time. its annoying that rilley seems more upset with what is going on with mitzeee than with silas.
    the only thing you i could think of in which why the murders now seem inpulsive is because this is just a thought that hedi's murder had the most effect on silas because he didnt intend to kill her and the way he acted the days after it was almost like he was having a breakdown
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I think the story with the jewellery is quite normal! It's like a trophy! That's what they always do on films! So I assume it's a thing that these people do in real life!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'm gathering that because Silas has become so far removed from normality and reality that he no longer has much emotion left in him. Those rings are all that Silas really has anymore. Since going away he's lost his family and false persona of being a kind granddad.

Basically Silas doesn't care anymore and only lives to create misery and fulfil his own needs
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was a bit remorseful about Heidi when speaking to Texas, although he did seem more bothered about Lynsey's death. I think he must block out Heidi's death because he can't rationalise it in his warped head. He even used the word 'fell' in reference to her death, blaming Lynsey for wearing the same costume. All his other victims were ****, manipulative etc so 'deserved' it. He only really seemed properly remorseful about India.

I agree that Rae should be mentioned more, considering how impulsive her murder was. I find it strange that Silas was going to kill Theresa originally but doesn't seem interested in her now. With his other victims it was more of a plan, like a game, but Rae was so sudden. He only killed her because of one comment she made.