Options

Emmerdale - Three Annoying Characters At Once

sconescone Posts: 14,850
Forum Member
✭✭
Yes I am talking about Rhona, Laurel and Brenda, all three annoy me, but here we have all of them in major storylines, Emmerdale is becoming a very short show for me these days :D

Can't stand anymore of this big eyed nonsense rushing for another pill or any of this tatty hair nonsense when really she should have locked the car doors behind Rhona, or any of this whispering nonsense about her shaved head.

Before anyone says anything I know it's cancer, but the character annoys me and always has and Rhona may be a druggie but her hair still looks tidier than Laurel's bird's nest.

I just don't see why the three have to be on my TV in every episode now and for the foreseeable, I can handle two at most in short scenes, but nothing like this, it's overload.

Comments

• Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I 'tune out' when Brenda's on, but I like Rhona and Laurel (well, I sometimes like Laurel). I'm enjoying Rhona's addiction storyline.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Yes I am talking about Rhona, Laurel and Brenda, all three annoy me, but here we have all of them in major storylines, Emmerdale is becoming a very short show for me these days :D

Can't stand anymore of this big eyed nonsense rushing for another pill or any of this tatty hair nonsense when really she should have locked the car doors behind Rhona, or any of this whispering nonsense about her shaved head.

Before anyone says anything I know it's cancer, but the character annoys me and always has and Rhona may be a druggie but her hair still looks tidier than Laurel's bird's nest.

I just don't see why the three have to be on my TV in every episode now and for the foreseeable, I can handle two at most in short scenes, but nothing like this, it's overload.

They're not just on your TV - they're on the TV of everyone else who watches the show too. But if you don't like it, do what I did when I got fed up of Eastenders and Corrie - stop watching it!
  • Options
    lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no interest in Brenda or Bob ....Laurel and Rhona are woeful !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    They're not just on your TV - they're on the TV of everyone else who watches the show too. But if you don't like it, do what I did when I got fed up of Eastenders and Corrie - stop watching it!

Er if you notice I said it's becoming a very short show (as I forward it through most of their scenes,) why should I stop watching the whole show? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Marlon, but the way Laurel is treating him is disgraceful.

Who the blazes does she think she is?
    A more righteous, pious piece of work I've yet to encounter.

Fair play, ever since that fateful day when she arrived on the scene in her bumblebee costume, the girl has been an irritant of the highest order.
    I wish she'd bloody well don it again & buzz off.

I long for the day this character falls under a bus (or upsets Cameron).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fair play, ever since that fateful day when she arrived on the scene in her bumblebee costume, the girl has been an irritant of the highest order.

Hahahahaha who can forget that costume, i looked for pics of it on t'internet, but can't find any which is probably a good thing :D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To paraphrase good old Abe Lincoln, 'You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot please all the people all of the time'.

*shrugs*
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed Emmerdale to concentrate on storylines such that individual characters appear in several successive episodes. We had Debbie overkill recently. It seems that Vanessa for example sometimes does not appear until Friday, or else she is in from Monday-Thursday then gives us the day off on a Friday.
  • Options
    lolasofielolasofie Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They have made her truly unlikable ....i acually think Ashley could do better then her ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually enjoying Maurel. Laurel being a cow and snapping at the giant idiot all the time is the most entertaining they've ever been.

Brenda is a very irritating character and most of the time I could care less she has a brain tumor but Thursday even my cold heart melted a bit when Gennie shaved her head.

Rhona is another character that is usually unlikeable but I am loving her current storyline with Vanessa.

Regardless of my opinion about the characters, the three actresses are very talented. Can't say the same about the actress playing a very overused character.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    even my cold heart melted a bit when Gennie shaved her head.

Awww, that's quite touching - and I'm not taking the mick saying that:) I was moved by that scene too. I'm no fan of either character but the actors were outstanding.
  • Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed Emmerdale to concentrate on storylines such that individual characters appear in several successive episodes. We had Debbie overkill recently. It seems that Vanessa for example sometimes does not appear until Friday, or else she is in from Monday-Thursday then gives us the day off on a Friday.

Love how you worked Vanessa in there,lol....:);)
  • Options
    owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rhona a lot. Laurel is okay but a little annoying. Brenda, I find her deathly dull. My insides sort of drop every time she comes on screen.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evole wrote: »
    Love how you worked Vanessa in there,lol....:);)

It is on Vanessa's account that I watch Emmerdale at the moment anyway, but I'm glad you approve!:):cool:
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Er if you notice I said it's becoming a very short show (as I forward it through most of their scenes,) why should I stop watching the whole show? :confused:
    I also am quick on the remote when any characters I can't stand come on screeen - e.g. Kerry and Ali. Their sort of character was the reason I gave up watching Eastenders. I am watching about half of Emmerdale at present. I particularly enjoy Nicola, Jimmy, and Angelica, and now the sinister Steve.