Options

EE - David & Cindy (possible spoiler)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
Forum Member
If this has already been discussed then apologies, I couldn't see it anywhere.

Watching Cindy with David tonight, do you reckon it could be possible just a little bit, that Cindy could actually be David's daughter, from his affair with Michelle Collins?!

They could say it was part reason Cindy left, not telling anybody & covering it up by saying it as this Nick's child instead.

It would be a good reason to have brought Cindy into the programme (because so far there has been no actual point in her being here!) & would give David reason to hang around, give Ian more reason to hate, and maybe even push Bianca's nose out of joint, and for David, yet another daughter he didn't know existed, like before.

It'd all come down to dates in & around 1997 but I wonder!! ;)

Comments

• Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I hope not, that would make Cindy Bianca's half-sister. :eek:
  • Options
    Clare D13Clare D13 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Cindy jr was born 2 years after David and Cindy last saw eachother.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dates don't match..
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare D13 wrote: »
    Cindy jr was born 2 years after David and Cindy last saw eachother.

This. The dates would not work, plus they would have to do some heavy retconing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True about the dates but they could tweak it some how that the both met off screen ;) lol
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Ozcabs wrote: »
    True about the dates but they could tweak it some how that the both met off screen ;) lol

Not very likely.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I thought that's what it was hinting at..
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dates don't work, but the look on David's face when he found out who she was tonight :D... you could tell exactly what he was thinking!
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    With the benefit of hindsight, it would have been better if Cindy had a child by David, then there would be a stronger reason for Cindy the Greek to be in EE instead of the spurious reason of wanting to know Ian, her non-stepdad.

If she had been David's child, then she would have been Pete's grand-daughter, Ian's niece, Bianca's sister etc, a proper Beale, rather than the phoney Beale that she is now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With the benefit of hindsight, it would have been better if Cindy had a child by David, then there would be a stronger reason for Cindy the Greek to be in EE instead of the spurious reason of wanting to know Ian, her non-stepdad.

If she had been David's child, then she would have been Pete's grand-daughter, Ian's niece, Bianca's sister etc, a proper Beale, rather than the phoney Beale that she is now.

Exactly, at present there is no need for her to be in EE, pointless waste of time. BUT with that David link, it could all change!

All they need to do is have Gina or Bev (Cindy's sister/mother) visit Walford to find out why Cindy is still there, in doing so, see David. Ian is shocked to see they know David, and they reveal that soon after Cindy (Michelle Collins) left EE, her relationship with Nck fell apart & she called David, in tears & at an all time low, who briefly returned to see her, they had sex and the rest is history! :p
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this. They could easily have had Cindy leave pregnant with his child. I always thought it was a bit lame to have her have a child by Nick Random.
  • Options
    worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I hope not, it would be a bit predictable, another incestuous storyline but this time with Liam and Cindy Jnr.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not, it would be a bit predictable, another incestuous storyline but this time with Liam and Cindy Jnr.

it would only be like Lauren and Joey
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy's father is some half Italian bloke called Nick Holland. They actually did well with the casting as they look like Father/Daughter
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would make Cindy the first cousin of Peter and Lucy as well as their half sister
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is the Scripwriters would prefer Cindy to be David's daughter as like people have said it would open many more storyline opportunities, if they did go there and say Cindy had met David off screen which resulted in Cindy then I wouldn't be against it and certainly wouldn't be the most unrealistic thing the show has done.
  • Options
    Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks half greek, david isn't greek, or italian. Very silly to make him her father. It wouldn't even be possible.
  • Options
    Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dates don't match up. Nick Holland first appeared with cindy in November 1997, cindy jr was born in november 1998. She was conceived around february time. David wasn't around then and she was with this new bloke for awhile before she got pregnant.
  • Options
    Barbsm@wanadoo.Barbsm@wanadoo. Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Dates don't work, but the look on David's face when he found out who she was tonight :D... you could tell exactly what he was thinking!

That's what I thought.
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would then be Peter and Lucy's half sister as well as half-cousin!! :eek:
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    The dates don't work at all. It would be a horrible retcon if they tried to say that they had met up in Italy off screen and she was shagging him as well as Nick.

Plus it would make her Liam's aunt and they seem to be the next teen romance.

David didn't know how old she was so perhaps he wondered for a second, hence the look but as soon as he is told she was born in 98/99 (I forget which) he'll know she isn't his.

I would officially hate it with a passion if they retconned this.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they can bring Den Watts back then they can tweak a few dates, I think its possible Cindy could be Davids daughter
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Well I wasn't keen on them bringing Den back either but they did at least perfectly leave his final fate cloudy by not showing him actually shot and having the body be unidentifiable except for the ring. That was deliberate.

It was made very clear that David and Cindy split when he didn't go with her on the Eurostar. Then we continued to see him on screen. When Cindy reappeared she was happily living with Nick in Italy and Cindy must actually have been conceived during the time - probably even after she'd returned to England with Nick to fight for custody as she was on screen then as she was back for about 3 months and we know when Cindy Jnr was born.

It just isn't possible and I would definitely stop watching if they did it. I suspect a lot of people that actually saw Cindy's return in 98 would feel the same.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    it would only be like Lauren and Joey

First cousins like Lauren and Joey can actually marry, but Cindy would be Liam's aunt - a definite no-no! I don't think Cindy will turn out to be David's daughter.

Cindy Jr can still cause tension between Ian and David. I could see her wanting to spend time with David to find out more about her Mum. He would probably give her some positive memories, compared to Ian, who can happily reminisce about Cindy hiring a hitman to kill him...:eek::D

Ian would undoubtedly be annoyed at Cindy spending time with David. His response to that would probably be to insult Cindy's mother more, resulting in her gravitating towards David more. And David would enjoy winding Ian up with very little effort on his part.

I can't remember - was it ever established why Nick, Cindy Jr's father never took her in when Cindy died? Did he know about her?
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    That would make Cindy the first cousin of Peter and Lucy as well as their half sister
    She would then be Peter and Lucy's half sister as well as half-cousin!! :eek:

No worse then what Jack did with two Mitchell sisters and their first cousin.

James (Ronnie) is the half-brother and second cousin of Richard (Sam).

Richard (Sam) is the half-brother and second cousin to Amy (Roxy) and James (Ronnie)

Amy (Roxy) is the half-sister and first cousin of James (Ronnie).

And let's not forget, Pat also slept with Pete's brother Kenny and he was a candidate to be Simon's father. If that was true, he would be David's half-brother and cousin.