Options

Where were the REJECTS?

trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
Forum Member
✭✭
You know, the bit when all the horrific auditionees come on for a group song?

It's one of my favourite parts of the final and we were gutted in my household we didn't get to see ' Da Stunnerz' again.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they had space for them after they had fitted in all the things they did.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    I know I was looking forward to that:)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I wanted Emma Chawner hauled out on a giant throne again. It was the highlight of that year's X Factor. Disappointed there were no freaks and weirdos this year :(
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they had space for them after they had fitted in all the things they did.

Yeah, they only had 4 hours. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Cowell's trying to take the format global. The rejects thing, in addition to being a bit dubious morally, always looked a bit 'sideshow' so I'm not surprised that they ditched it. Same with the silly buses with the contestants going round drumming up support.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoebica wrote: »
    Yeah, they only had 4 hours. :D
    Yes, when you look at it that way I see your point :D

I was referring specifically to the 2 hour Sunday show which did seem quite packed. I suppose they could have had less chat from the judges and less of the home crowds and squeezed in a few rejects. Don't the 10 other finalists count? :D
  • Options
    EurovisionDaveEurovisionDave Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    The rejects, wierdos and mentals have been appearing on the Xtra Factor.
    Which is were they should stay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,960
    Forum Member
    They had Jedward for half the live shows, that's about as much bad performances as i can handle.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was clock-watching from 9pm onwards thinking when are they gonna be on!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    You know, the bit when all the horrific auditionees come on for a group song?

It's one of my favourite parts of the final and we were gutted in my household we didn't get to see ' Da Stunnerz' again.

Maybe they realised that it is a morally awful thing to do, to wheel less then intelligent and socially unaware people onto live tv, for the sole purpose of being ridiculed due to their voice and/or appearence!

I cant believe people actually missed it! :eek:
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'm glad they skipped it. It's just mean.
  • Options
    simsysimsy Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted Emma Chawner hauled out on a giant throne again. It was the highlight of that year's X Factor. Disappointed there were no freaks and weirdos this year :(

People talking about it like you did is probably why. We know x factor is pretty soul-less, but bringing Emma out again would be cruel, and calling them freaks and weirdos is pathetic. It's entertaining, but to wait so you can relish in blatent explotation is sad, and I do think some of them haven't got a clue that they're being ridiculed.

It's the Jeremy Kyle effect, watching people you feel you are better than makes you feel better about your own empty lives. Each to their own I suppose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were at the start of the show singing "Never Forget" all dressed in black like little camp undertakers. Then a pair of gurning wedding cake ornaments came down some stairs and ruined everything.

I think they were put out as Leona stole their podium for later on in the show, typical Leona that, never wants to share her podium even though she knows about the credit crunch. I knew it was her the second I saw that podium. I thought to myself "Here we go, Leona will be doing something dull on that in a minute".
  • Options
    M30M30 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really looking forward to seeing Sister Act :(
  • Options
    LittlemissmolzLittlemissmolz Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were at the start of the show singing "Never Forget" all dressed in black like little camp undertakers. Then a pair of gurning wedding cake ornaments came down some stairs and ruined everything.

I think they were put out as Leona stole their podium for later on in the show, typical Leona that, never wants to share her podium even though she knows about the credit crunch. I knew it was her the second I saw that podium. I thought to myself "Here we go, Leona will be doing something dull on that in a minute".

LMAO!!
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    emma555 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm glad they skipped it. It's just mean.

I agree. When they did that thing last year where they brought in auditionees from all the previous series it was really cringeworthy.

I am glad they did not heap anymore humiliation on them.