Virgin Media TiVo prices

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm...Will I be able to get this without screwing up my mates rates discount?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    hibbleton wrote: »
    Hmmm...Will I be able to get this without screwing up my mates rates discount?

It will be available to those on mates rates, though at the same cost as existing customers - there wont be any special discounts.
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    memsahib wrote: »
    I'm on triple XL and still pay a tenner a month for the V+ box. never mind a fiver.
    I spoke to them and they wanted 90 quid to stop paying it, ...

If you're thinking switching to Tivo (which presumably why you're here) then what you pay for V+ will obviously stop and wont make any difference to what you're charged for Tivo
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    Rawrbear wrote: »
    ..Well i do work in customer service and we're told that .....

Say no more - VM Customer Service is the last place anyone should phone for "Customer Service" - they're absolutely powerless to deliver anything off the script (CS wouldn't pi$$ on you if you were on fire)
    Rawrbear wrote: »
    .Suppose Retentions is worth a try though, they can be a bit more flexible.

Retentions is the ONLY department for customer service and they are LOT more flexible and will most definitely will sort it out!!!

How come you dont ***know*** this as fact and I do?????

Maybe i worked for VM in previous life
  • jpljpl Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    memsahib wrote: »
    I'm on triple XL and still pay a tenner a month for the V+ box. never mind a fiver.
    I spoke to them and they wanted 90 quid to stop paying it, and that was too much to find in one go. Tried again about six months later and they still wanted 75. So never chased it again.

I was the same as you and on Thursday I Phoned up Retentions and They happily knocked of the £10 charge I was paying as well as sorting out a couple of other things for me, so try again
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    Say no more - VM Customer Service is the last place anyone should phone for "Customer Service" - they're absolutely powerless to deliver anything off the script (CS wouldn't pi$$ on you if you were on fire)

Retentions is the ONLY department for customer service and they are LOT more flexible and will most definitely will sort it out!!!

How come you dont ***know*** this as fact and I do?????

Maybe i worked for VM in previous life

I don't know the Virgin twitter team are very good at sorting stuff out they're my first stop for help these days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Media Boy wrote:
    I have been updated with the current information on the cost of TiVo:

• New Customers - £199
    • Existing customers - £149

Both with £40 installation price and there is also a monthly fee of £3 per month and customers need to stay on XL TV.

As from cable forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As from cable forum.

Thanks!
  • bamindybamindy Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I don't know the Virgin twitter team are very good at sorting stuff out they're my first stop for help these days

Twitter CS are often good but I got a deaf ear from VM's Twitter team when I sent them a fault query. Twits...
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Has anyone here who registered interest in tivo been contacted by Virgin yet?
    If not does anyone know when they will start doing this.
  • timpotimpo Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im finding it rather strange that they haven't come up with any prices yet for existing customers, surely it cant take that long to inform us of what we will be charged for TiVo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    timpo wrote: »
    Im finding it rather strange that they haven't come up with any prices yet for existing customers, surely it cant take that long to inform us of what we will be charged for TiVo.

I don't. They'll be thinking about this very carefully. They will want to maximise profit at the same time as not worrying about upsetting early adopters later on.

For example if they set an install fee for existing customers of say £200 and they realised later on (say 3 months down the line) that they needed to half the price to say £100, then everyone who took it early would be on the phone playing hell.

They will want to set a price which lasts a good year. There is a danger if they go too high that the existing customer take on will dry up after a few months and if they set it too low that they will miss out on profit.

Its a fine balancing act.

-Junpit
  • bamindybamindy Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I do think it's odd they didn't announce all their pricing at once. However, I do believe they would have planned their strategy a lot more carefully when initiating a contract with TiVo - can't see them jumping on it then deciding later how much to charge. I'm sure we all know that business doesn't work that way.

VM know how much they're going to charge - always have done. I think the pricing announcement may be delayed for different reasons entirely. Don't forget, although they've announced pricing for new customers, they really aim to target the initial TiVo stock at existing customers; that being the case, it seems obvious that the delay could be down to a completely different issue.
  • Jodie98Jodie98 Posts: 96
    Forum Member

I called CS earlier and as Media Boy stated, CS confirmed that with my existing XL Triple package, TiVo will be available early 2011 at a cost of cost £149 plus £40 installation + £3 per month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob King wrote: »
    Media Boy posted this

Media Boy's Insider says
    (Prices for TiVo):

Existing Customers
    VIP= Free - Set-up fee £0 - Install fee £0 - Monthly fee waived on XL
    XL TV/Triple = Free - Set-up fee £0 - Install fee £0 - Monthly fee waived for 12 months
    Existing XL TV= Discounted - Set-up fee £149 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm

New Customers
    (coming from competitor) Set-up fee £149 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm
    (new intake) Set-up fee £199 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm

These are all subject to change but, this close to to launch I highly doubt it.
    I called CS earlier and as Media Boy stated, CS confirmed that with my existing XL Triple package, TiVo will be available early 2011 at a cost of cost £149 plus £40 installation + £3 per month.

Erm, see above................
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bamindy wrote: »
    I do think it's odd they didn't announce all their pricing at once. However, I do believe they would have planned their strategy a lot more carefully when initiating a contract with TiVo - can't see them jumping on it then deciding later how much to charge. I'm sure we all know that business doesn't work that way.

VM know how much they're going to charge - always have done. I think the pricing announcement may be delayed for different reasons entirely. Don't forget, although they've announced pricing for new customers, they really aim to target the initial TiVo stock at existing customers; that being the case, it seems obvious that the delay could be down to a completely different issue.

Maybe they're trying asertain the level of interest
    Forum Member
    Erm, see above................

Ah yes timpo but for me, it had not yet been confirmed by VM themselves whereas it has now ;)
  • passingbatpassingbat Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie98 wrote: »

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the correct price with maybe a different price for triple XL and VIP customers (though that could be whisfull thinking on my part). But having had to correct CS in the past on the correct price for current services, I'll wait for the offical pricing to be released for 'coming soon' services before believing CS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodie98 wrote: »
    Ah yes timpo but for me, it had not yet been confirmed by VM themselves whereas it has now ;)

I think you're missing the point mate, the info from Media Boy ( what a laugh) said we would be getting it free on the VIP package, but you quoted that Media Boy had said it would be charged at the prices you posted, dont you think theres a conflict there somewhere.....:p
    Forum Member
    I think you're missing the point mate, the info from Media Boy ( what a laugh) said we would be getting it free on the VIP package, but you quoted that Media Boy had said it would be charged at the prices you posted, dont you think theres a conflict there somewhere.....:p

Oh lord of course. Excuse my faux pas lol

Erase where I make mention of Media Boy but the rest remains :) To be honest I think we'd be incredibly lucky to get it foc don't you :)

Edited to include I'm sure I read a post from Media Boy entitled 'Update from contact' or words to that effect which stated the £149 price. Mmmm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think we'd be incredibly lucky to get it foc don't you

Totally agree with you there, it'll never happen....:(
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrwhizzard wrote: »
    Existing customers will be charged £149 and £40 install, with a £3 monthly fee and you would need to have the XL tv package. New customers is fairly similar, but instead its £199 with £40 install and £3 monthly fee, again requiring XL tv package.
    i'm a customer with virgin and have broadband and telephone servies. am i classed as an existing customer for tivo purposes? :)
    Forum Member
    Stuart P wrote: »
    i'm a customer with virgin and have broadband and telephone servies. am i classed as an existing customer for tivo purposes? :)

In effect you are an existing customer however, you will require the XL TV package so the sting will be a bit harsher than those already paying for this package as our bill will increase by only £3 per month.
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok cheers. is the vm call centre still in India? i want to discuss my options but unfortunately past experience of their call centre does not fill me with confidence that I'll get the answers I need
  • martytoomartytoo Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tivo sounds great,but I won't be paying £189 to get it (unless I win the Lotto :)