Upgraded over the phone to iPhone 5 tonight....

Comments

• WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And saying there's to be no O2 4G on iPhone 5 is premature.

No it is not.
    The iPhone 5 sold in this country simply does not support the 4G bands that O2 will be using. That is a solid fact.
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    No it is not.
    The iPhone 5 sold in this country simply does not support the 4G bands that O2 will be using. That is a solid fact.
    Yes, and when O2 has it's network running Apple may supply them a compatible handset.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Yes, and when O2 has it's network running Apple may supply them a compatible handset.

It'll be called the iPhone 5s, you'll have to pay extra for it.

May not be out till the end of the year.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    O2 have already stated they won't have Unlimited 4G.
    P4U do not regularly keep call centre recordings for the duration of a contract. It is kept for grading (especially if the customer was a hard one) / further training. It would include banking details, only managers have acess and it's not kept long, plus your details are available on the system (unless it has changed recently) so no reason for it be excluded from calls.
    The iPhone 5 will not be compatible with O2's 4G network unless P4U have insider knowledge that they will start using the tiny amount of 1800 spectrum this year. Unlikely and I'd also know about it by now. P4U staff cannot guarantee that Glasgow will be even included in the initial roll out so it is obvious he just put you on hold, then carried on spinning you lies.

You made a mistake / were mislead. For O2 is a 'ok' deal.. You can hand it all back, it is unlikely you will get a free upgrade. If it were direct with a network possibly but just isn't going to happen with P4U. I personally wonder why you are defending your position and that of P4U...
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

Yes, they may. But you won't be getting one without paying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1 - Not likely at all. By the time O2 has its network up and running Apple will be close to releasing the next iPhone. I seriously doubt Apple would bother going back to the iPhone 5 and updating it. If anything they would make the new iPhone work with more bands (including the ones O2 will use), and use that as a selling point to get people to upgrade.

2 - Even if they did make an iPhone 5 model that worked with O2 4G, you wouldn't have that model.
    Forum Member
    1 - Not likely at all. By the time O2 has its network up and running Apple will be close to releasing the next iPhone. I seriously doubt Apple would bother going back to the iPhone 5 and updating it. If anything they would make the new iPhone work with more bands (including the ones O2 will use), and use that as a selling point to get people to upgrade.

2 - Even if they did make an iPhone 5 model that worked with O2 4G, you wouldn't have that model.

I'd simply ask to be upgraded early at no cost in that case then.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

And they would say 'No Mr Pork Chop, that's not going to happen'
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP:
    my understanding was that the current iPhone 5 would not work on O2's upcoming 4G network. He said it would. I asked him if he was sure. He said he was.
    Has something changed? Is the guy I spoke to correct?

DS forum:

The guy is wrong, nothing has changed.

PorkchopExpress:

You're all wrong, I believe Phones4U

Paulbrock:

What is the point of this thread?
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    OP:

DS forum:

PorkchopExpress:

Paulbrock:

i actually think he's trolling now
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    And they would say 'No Mr Pork Chop, that's not going to happen'

No. It would be "Mr Pork Chop, thats an up front fee of £100 or £5 extra a month."
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be a troll, no one could be serious here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And you'll get "no" as an answer.
    Has to be a troll, no one could be serious here

You see I'm torn. Because some people are like that in real life.
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    OP:

DS forum:

PorkchopExpress:

Paulbrock:

That bit's made up.
    Forum Member
    No. It would be "Mr Pork Chop, thats an up front fee of £100 or £5 extra a month."

£5 extra a month? No problem. But I won't pay for a new handset.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

£5 pcm is a new handset.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

It'd more likely be £5 extra a month and then pay upfront for the handset. You're living in a dream world if you think you can get a free handset without paying over the roof. Plus you'll most likely have to give your handset back and pay £100 upfront just for the upgrade just like EE did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I prefered it before you named the url :D
    Forum Member
    Although i have to admit it was nice to have a rant at phones 4 u for a bit so thanks for the thread OP ;)
    Forum Member
    O2 have already stated they won't have Unlimited 4G.
    P4U do not regularly keep call centre recordings for the duration of a contract. It is kept for grading (especially if the customer was a hard one) / further training. It would include banking details, only managers have acess and it's not kept long, plus your details are available on the system (unless it has changed recently) so no reason for it be excluded from calls.
    The iPhone 5 will not be compatible with O2's 4G network unless P4U have insider knowledge that they will start using the tiny amount of 1800 spectrum this year. Unlikely and I'd also know about it by now. P4U staff cannot guarantee that Glasgow will be even included in the initial roll out so it is obvious he just put you on hold, then carried on spinning you lies.

You made a mistake / were mislead. For O2 is a 'ok' deal.. You can hand it all back, it is unlikely you will get a free upgrade. If it were direct with a network possibly but just isn't going to happen with P4U. I personally wonder why you are defending your position and that of P4U...

This is a staggering post.
    Forum Member
    £5 pcm is a new handset.

Oh, not the price of 4G?
    Forum Member
    You could have had a similar deal via EE with an extra 1GB. Using the Quidco website (29.99 for the iPhone 5, 48 quid) and had 4G right now. Three also if you were willing to wait for 4G.

Both of these networks have better coverage in the Strathclyde/Lankark area in general.

PS do you know Wavejock?
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Look mate, you've been diddled. Like I said in post #2. If you don't want to take our collective advice, then more fool you. It's better to fix this now rather than later. Return the phone.

I'm willing to bet there will be an "O2/Phones 4U ripped me off" thread in about 6 months time from the OP. At which point I will quote this thread, say "No sympathy fella." and walk away.
  • davybhoydavybhoy Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually cannot believe what I am reading here! I don't think anybody should write anything more as he clearly doesn't want to take the advice from people with better knowledge!

Porkchop - In the UK iPhone 5 it supports 4G/LTE on the 850Mhz, 1800Mhz and 2100Mhz so it is impossible for it to support the frequency that O2 and Vodafone will use and to think that Apple will produce an updated handset when they will be about to launch the iPhone 5s is ludicrous!

You won't get a free upgrade either!

Keep the phone, find out you were wrong all along and then please come back here and moan about it so we can all tell you that 'we told you so', laugh at your stubbornness and then point you to this thread.

Enjoy your 24 months of 2g/3G :rolleyes: