****Revenge - UK Pace****

Comments

• munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really have no idea why I've watched two seasons of this show, it's absolutely terrible. Guilty pleasure mayhaps.
  • aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I really have no idea why I've watched two seasons of this show, it's absolutely terrible. Guilty pleasure mayhaps.

Same thoughts here :D It is absolutely awful and contrived and silly and overacted but it's great fun, I love it.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still enjoyed the season even though it did become a bit messy. Enjoyed the finale, actually quite sad that Declan died. Poor Jack just can't get a break. I'm glad now that Jack knows who Emily is, although it was amusing when she said "Look at me" and then he had flashbacks. Why didn't that happen the first time he looked at her? :D
  • CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theshadow wrote: »
    I totally agree with you here. Yes its the big endgame. Emily/Amanda and Jack living happily ever after. But Jack just doesnt work as a character and I think they just got the casting wrong.

There is nothing wrong with Nick Wescler - he can really do emotional scenses - but he just doesnt fit with Emily. For a start, he's smaller than her in all their scenes! You want Emily to wrap him up and tuck him into bed. Not what we want the leading man to appear like. Just my opinion :)
    In full agreement ! I've never taken to Jack's character or is it simply the way Nick Wescler acts or even his face I don't particularly like ? I just don't think he belongs with Amanda/Emily .
  • miffy_1306miffy_1306 Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just rewatched S1 and felt the Emily/Jack thing worked a lot better in that than in S2. Possibly because Emily and Aiden worked so well together so that was lost. Although I liked Aiden I do feel that it made Emily lose interest in Jack.

Much as I was impatient to watch every episode in S2 I feel it wasn't anything like as good as the first series, I really hope season 3 is more like that.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, they definitely need to turn the show back around to season 1.

I don't want to call it more simplified because it was convoluted even then. But season 2 took it to a level that at times wasn't very entertaining and was too much.

It needs to strip back to Emily and the Graysons again. Though no doubt we'll have an influx of new characters again to steal focus.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys - this is starting again, I flagged it up on my Sky Never Miss.

E4 HD - Mon - 16th Sept

Haven't seen it before.

Am I in for a treat?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Hey guys - this is starting again, I flagged it up on my Sky Never Miss.

E4 HD - Mon - 16th Sept

Haven't seen it before.

Am I in for a treat?

Yes, but with it being so early in the morning it's most likely going to be butchered in the editing.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Yes, but with it being so early in the morning it's most likely going to be butchered in the editing.

Thats a shame, still better than nothing!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a trailer for Season 3 of Revenge on E4. It starts Monday 6th Jan! Only 3 weeks to go.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Just saw a trailer for Season 3 of Revenge on E4. It starts Monday 6th Jan! Only 3 weeks to go.

Thank you for the tip-off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woop Monday!! :D
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh goody goody gumdrops. Revenge on Monday on E4, then back to iTunes for you know what on Tuesday..*

* see my other posts to see my other US drama obsession
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when Season 2 aired, there was a repeat on Thursdaymorning on CH4 in HD (i dont have E4HD). is there a repeat on CH4 HD for this seasons episodes?
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No repeats on C4 at all which is unusual

E4 9:00pm Mon 6 Jan E4 HD 9:00pm Mon 6 Jan
    E4 +1 10:00pm Mon 6 Jan
    RTÉ Two HD 9:00pm Tue 7 Jan RTÉ Two 9:00pm Tue 7 Jan
    RTÉ Two 9:55pm Tue 7 Jan episode 2 RTÉ Two HD 9:55pm Tue 7 Jan episode 2
    E4 12:40am Wed 8 Jan E4 HD 12:40am Wed 8 Jan
    E4 +1 1:40am Wed 8 Jan
    E4 1:00am Fri 10 Jan E4 HD 1:00am Fri 10 Jan
    E4 +1 2:00am Fri 10 Jan
    E4 12:30pm Sun 12 Jan E4 HD 12:30pm Sun 12 Jan
    E4 +1 1:30pm Sun 12 Jan
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Does she die? :eek: :(
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Does she die? :eek: :(

We'll have to wait and see. It's good to see the return of the series and a new set of intrigues and betrayals.
    Forum Member
    We'll have to wait and see. It's good to see the return of the series and a new set of intrigues and betrayals.

I really hope she isn't. I want the whole show to finish with her succeeding in getting all her revenge and getting together with Jack.
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope she isn't. I want the whole show to finish with her succeeding in getting all her revenge and getting together with Jack.

I hope she doesn't die either, that would just feel so wrong for me if she did. She deserves better than that.

Great show last night, good to see them all back. I particularly enjoyed Emily and Victoria throwing barbed comments at each other, though the whole show had a 'hit the ground running' feel which I did like. The 'tie up the loose ends from last season' bits were varying degrees of blatant though :D.

Oh, as for Emily getting together with Jack... well, the episode threw a spanner in the works for that last night, which I can't say I'm disappointed about. For one thing, Jack has all the passion of a wet sponge.
    Forum Member
    Two more things (can't edit my last post).

Isn't the actor playing Patrick too young to play a 40 year old? He looks early-mid 30s.

I can't remember what happened in the last series with Aiden, why does he hate Emily?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't the actor playing Patrick too young to play a 40 year old? He looks early-mid 30s.

I can't remember what happened in the last series with Aiden, why does he hate Emily?

I cant remember either :blush: but I have a feeling its something to do with - argh, whatshisname - Greyson Junior!! :blush::p - him not wanting her to get engaged/marry him to further her revenge...... I might be wrong tho!
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Keep watching! ;-)

Sorry I'm not being smart but I watch at US pace, so I cant tell you as it will spoil you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Revenge s3 has been much better had to start with U.S pace glad I did :) still watching on E4 aswell
  • hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Justin Hartley is 36. And something tells me just by knowing how this show works he is not really Patrick.
    Forum Member
    Keep watching! ;-)

Sorry I'm not being smart but I watch at US pace, so I cant tell you as it will spoil you.

My guess is that he is actually helping Emily (whether she knows it or not) because otherwise he could just tell Victoria everything and there would be nothing left of the show. And my other guess is Charlotte is the one to shoot Emily.
    Though please don't spoil it by confirming if I'm right or wrong please. :p This is one of the only shows I don't read spoilers for.
    Justin Hartley is 36. And something tells me just by knowing how this show works he is not really Patrick.

If they go down that route I predict a Victoria/Patrick romance, probably before they find out he's not Patrick. :o I guessed he was around 35 but he still doesn't look old enough. :D