THE CUBE returns Sunday 30th October at 7pm!

1394041424345»

Comments

• gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    And when phil says you have £1000 the contestant cant see the graphics fall down like we can?

I'd imagine all they see in the studio is a plain cube, they only bits we both see is the floor lit up.

I wish they would not cram two contestants into each show as it spoils the ending. Depending on what time's left we can estimate how far they are going to get. It's my only bugbear of an otherwise brilliant programme.

I have seen "Millionaire" for donkey's years, but am sure they used to carry over contestants to the next episode. Can't "The Cube" do this too? It wouldn't make much difference to them recording it.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the blue/red sequence game is a classic life taker. They throw it in to intentionally take lives off people when they're doing well. I would be amazed if anyone can do that without a simplify. 20 colours in 10 seconds?! That's one colour every 0.5 seconds including processing the visual and then pressing the button. So I think if someone gets that game, they should simplify it straight away. Are they allowed to do that?
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,217
    Forum Member
    I think the blue/red sequence game is a classic life taker. They throw it in to intentionally take lives off people when they're doing well. I would be amazed if anyone can do that without a simplify. 20 colours in 10 seconds?! That's one colour every 0.5 seconds including processing the visual and then pressing the button. So I think if someone gets that game, they should simplify it straight away. Are they allowed to do that?

They are allowed if they have a simplify but it seems that people only want to if they have a few lives left, or feel that this is not their game, otherwise they'd leave with the money.
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when The Cube video game is coming out?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how a cube game might work with the wii or xbox 360 kinect.
    Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    I'd imagine all they see in the studio is a plain cube, they only bits we both see is the floor lit up.

I wish they would not cram two contestants into each show as it spoils the ending. Depending on what time's left we can estimate how far they are going to get. It's my only bugbear of an otherwise brilliant programme.

I have seen "Millionaire" for donkey's years, but am sure they used to carry over contestants to the next episode. Can't "The Cube" do this too? It wouldn't make much difference to them recording it.

They have done that with The Cube on some occasions, in past series.
    Forum Member
    I wonder how a cube game might work with the wii or xbox 360 kinect.

Well, a year ago, it was said that the game was coming to 'home consoles' at the end of the year (2011) and still hasn't.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cube has been...:cry:
    Axed!
    Not! It's been beaten, by Mo Farah (Link) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's kind of a shame (but not for the charity!). Who Wants To Be A Millionaire lost its edge when someone finally won the million for the first time.