Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I can accept that. :)

Or maybe she, like the rest of us, isn't all perfect all the time. :D

It's possible :)
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may think its condescending but lets think about it. Last night three of the judges on this ridiculous show performed and were truly outclassed by the likes of Stevie Wonder.

Yet, they sit in judgement on others, who are inferior performers to themselves.

As low down the music foodchain as you can get without filming a random karaoke performance.

The viewing public also seemed to agree with the notable decrease in numbers watching. Ergo, it left only those with poor or questionable taste watching.

So, make of that what you will.

One of them (Will) was outclassed, as was his little Cheryl, but Tom and Jessie, no way.
    Love Stevie Wonder, but he got his song choices mixed up l think :D
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    One of them (Will) was outclassed, as was his little Cheryl, but Tom and Jessie, no way.
    Love Stevie Wonder, but he got his song choices mixed up l think :D

Happy Birthday. I thought he was having a laugh at the Queen's expense.:D
  • citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More proof, if it was needed that The Voice is just not cutting the mustard.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/s154/the-voice-uk/news/a385677/the-voice-uk-winner-leanne-mitchell-struggles-in-singles-chart.html

"The Voice UK winner Leanne Mitchell's first single has failed to take the midweek chart by storm.

The singer's winning track 'Run To You' - which she performed during Saturday's (June 3) live final - has landed at number 27 in the UK midweek chart."
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    Happy Birthday. I thought he was having a laugh at the Queen's expense.:D

The Happy Birthday reference made by Stevie Wonder and others was in regard to it being the Queen's Official Birthday.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Except it wasn't. It's on 16 June. Stevie Wonder was just singing one of his best known songs. Just as Tom Jones sang Delilah.

Actually, there is no set date as since 1805, the Sovereign’s 'official' summer birthday has been marked by the Trooping the Colour ceremony, which is also known as the Queen's Birthday Parade, and is normally held on the second Saturday in June. However, it can be on the 1st or 3rd Saturday in June on occasions.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly never understand why people want to talk about something they hate. I can't stand soaps, but I don't spend my time on the soaps forum telling everyone. It would be a total waste of my time, which could have been spent doing something I enjoy instead. It seems daft to spend your time not only posting on a forum about something you hate, but continually coming back to said forum on a regular basis.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They made a good show with a good idea.

Unfortunately they rigged it.

Next year it will be dropped. People will NOT buy leannes music and everyone knows it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I honestly never understand why people want to talk about something they hate. I can't stand soaps, but I don't spend my time on the soaps forum telling everyone. It would be a total waste of my time, which could have been spent doing something I enjoy instead. It seems daft to spend your time not only posting on a forum about something you hate, but continually coming back to said forum on a regular basis.

Thank you for your contribution although It adds nothing to the discussion. I hope you feel happier now you've expressed this valuable point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your contribution although It adds nothing to the discussion. I hope you feel happier now you've expressed this valuable point.

Right back at ya. ;)
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne who?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Bore off.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I've seen all the episodes so far and can only say; its BORING.

It takes all the heart and soul out of music and reduces it to generic performers singing in pretty much the same styles.

I just can't engage with it and am not impressed with the panel.

Rubbish.

I agree with everything you have said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiopsi wrote: »
    Bore off.

No :p
  • Timmy CatTimmy Cat Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why people take other's opinions personally and get nasty with it.
    If The Voice really wants to be about "the voice" there should be zero back stories and everyone should have to sing different genres. Opera, show tunes, jazz, etc. it is just a pop show looking for a new pop singer. In my opinion, no offence intended.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch X Factor anymore so was really looking forward to The Voice. I watched 3 episodes, was not impressed at all. Is the winner any good?
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I don't watch X Factor anymore so was really looking forward to The Voice. I watched 3 episodes, was not impressed at all. Is the winner any good?

You decide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08aeJ2yvk3g
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »

Thanks, will have a look later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't this tell us all we need to know?
    The 11-date tour for The Voice UK Live has been cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales.

The gigs were due to feature eight of the show's finalists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed it does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know The Voice is dead when there have been no posts to this forum in 24 hours.

Except this one. ;)
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I was really rather keen on it to begin with. Quite surprised by how quickly my interest has waned.

I defended it at first but now I'm happy to poke fun at it....
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    I hate Eastenders, so I've found a way to deal with it.

It's called "not watching it"
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really rather keen on it to begin with. Quite surprised by how quickly my interest has waned.

I defended it at first but now I'm happy to poke fun at it....

Aye, me too. The problem for me is that it Tries to be different than the x factor but fails miserably for exactly that reason.

We slate the xfactor for poking fun at bad and deluded singers, but the fact that this show had none of them , and also the majority of the public can't tell how one singer is different than e other and can't understand why someone really good gets rejected - well that is exactly the problem with this show. It lost its appeal for me when I couldn't make head or tail of the reasons someone perfectly good gets booted off the auditions stages.

Xfactor relies a lot on controversial decisions and characters which get kept in by the judges. This then keeps the show in the news and people want more. We had none of that in the voice. The voice also boasted about how it didn't care about the singers life story. This is fine to an extent but there were no characters in the show and the personalities were all just flat. Made for a really boring show in the end.

I'm sure the beeb can do better next season. I really want this show to do well, but the first season has been flat and uninteresting