Options

Arrow Season 2 - US Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black Canary, of course, will need a different name, as the proper one has already been used.
    Unless the plan is that the person with the proper name will eventually take over the role... for whatever reason.

Although yes, that still means the current Canary will have a different name. Perhaps.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    As for Moira, I agree. So much sexier than the primped and preened plastic coated women we're all supposed to find attractive.

55 years old and now so much hotter than Katie Cassidy :o

Great opening episode. Not really sold on the idea of Ollie no longer killing, but I expect he will have to break the new rule sooner than later. Felicity and Diggle providing the back-up and humour.
    Thea at the club brings her closer to the main story, which is good. Wonder who will find out Ollie's secret first, Thea or Roy? Unfortunately, Laurel remains pointless so far. Katie Cassidy looks ridiculous every time she's on screen now. That boob job (or the extra padding, depending on who you believe) is far too distracting (not in the good way that people would expect).

Summer Glau's character - 'she looks mean in every photo' - should be interesting. Lots of conflict to come there. Plenty of hints for future plots and characters too.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    55 years old and now so much hotter than Katie Cassidy :o

Yeah! I was quite surprised when I found out her age considering how good she looks.
  • Options
    GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really sold on the idea of Ollie no longer killing, but I expect he will have to break the new rule sooner than later..

I expect Queen R&D to develop some non-lethal 'Green Arrows'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GrimmGhost wrote: »
    I expect Queen R&D to develop some non-lethal 'Green Arrows'.

New pic released of non-lethal arrows.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the latest episode. The amount of dislike I have for Laurel is unexplainable! :eek:
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Green Arrow is famous for his trick arrows. :p Guess we seen some in this episode. Was great! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great ratings too and how it grew a lot from last weeks start. Great demo for it! Over 1.0 ensures a 3rd season if it stays above that! 1.1 is brilliant!

Episode 1- 2.74m (0.9)
    Episode 2- 3.06m (1.1)
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I sure hope Ollie doesn't get out of his little situation with too much ease next week. That's a lot of Cops in a very confined space. Wouldn't want to fight save one of them getting trigger happy and Laurel getting shot, and he's not about to reveal himself either. It's too early for that.

Will be interesting.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I sure hope Ollie doesn't get out of his little situation with too much ease next week. That's a lot of Cops in a very confined space. Wouldn't want to fight save one of them getting trigger happy and Laurel getting shot, and he's not about to reveal himself either. It's too early for that.

Will be interesting.

Sounds good to me I'm all for Laurel getting shot she's a waste of good screen time, would rather they advance Roy's storyline or see more of felicity and dig
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think maybe Black Canary will help him out of his tough spot next week. I'm looking forward to seeing them team up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good episode. Few flaws that were hard to overlook though. 3 lots of drivers killed off in this episode, plus Roy mentions it's been going on for a while....why the f**k are they still even bothering? :confused:
    No idea how he'll get out of that, but I'm still not sold on Laurel's about-turn.

Bronze Tiger was OK. Decent fights, but it would have been nice to find out something about who he is.....with those claws it can't be hard for Felicity to find something on him. China White was same as she ever is.....really not done a good job with her so far.
    Sebastian Blood...good entrance, and a different kind of foe for Ollie. Roy a different kind of ally.

Felicity's dress....walking away.....:eek: That aside she seems much more real this year. Laast season she was very irritating and didn't always work IMO.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Felicity's dress....walking away.....:eek:

She does have a damn-fine arse! :D
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felicity's dress....walking away.....:eek:

Enjoy! :D

http://www.abload.de/img/felicity59sptf.gif
    http://www.abload.de/img/felicity3ewk2g.gif

Smoaking!
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry WHAT? (Major ep 3 spoilers)
    RA'S AL GHUL?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, looks like Malcolm was trained by Ra's Al Ghul after all. I thought it was him for a moment, gutted that it wasn't but the reveal was fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it didn't take long for them to drop the ball with Canary. Even aside from the daft "she's targeting male criminals" cliché to her fighting with bo stafs (what, did they confuse her with Marvel's Mockingbird?), on top of that now she's killing people.

Sure, you could argue that this is probably Canary Mk.1 and Dinah will eventually take over from who we all know the current Canary actually is at some point. But by way of an introduction to the character, it's not a great start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually thought that was the best episode of Arrow so far!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode. A successful villain, character development, proper introduction for Black Canary......the mention of Ra's Al Ghul was the icing on the cake :)
    Laurel maybe taking steps forward as a character is a welcome relief. I really like Katie Cassidy but she's been by far the worst aspect of this show. Quentin pairing up - and opening up - with Arrow was good to watch.

Always felt like there was something more that Moira was holding back. They spent the first half of last season trying to build her up as a something more than Malcolm's unwilling accomplice.....cant wait to find out what she's referring to.
    Flashbacks.....Slade didn't look too good last we saw of him.

1 slight issue...these past 3 episodes make me wonder how the hell Roy survived while Ollie was away. Not sure why they're suddenly downplaying his ability after showing he could do more than just take a beating last season.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Isn't Ra's Al Ghul a Batman villain? I know it's all set in the same universe and that (DC) but seems... illogical to have one of Batmans main adversaries mentioned in Arrow.

...that is, unless they plan to have a Batman cameo at some point. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Isn't Ra's Al Ghul a Batman villain? I know it's all set in the same universe and that (DC) but seems... illogical to have one of Batmans main adversaries mentioned in Arrow.

...that is, unless they plan to have a Batman cameo at some point. :eek:

It's not that illogical considering a lot of villains and heroes paths intersect along the way multiple times. Ra's doesn't even have to show up in person, just the League of Assassins. It's more illogical that villains would stick to going after the same hero time and time again without trying their hand with others.

Like you said, it's the same universe. That statement alone renders it logical.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    Sounds good to me I'm all for Laurel getting shot she's a waste of good screen time, would rather they advance Roy's storyline or see more of felicity and dig

Yes, and more Moira, please! Added phwooaaar for those who prefer a more mature woman. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I missed. How come Canary's 'cry' didn't affect Ollie at the office?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It did. But it distracted the police long enough for BC to get him away.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spent ages trying to work out who was playing Moira Queen's Lawyer.

I knew her voice but could not place her face, ended up having to look it up and was surprised it was Teryl Rothery looking very different from her Stargate days.

Pretty good episode overall.