Options

Who will be relegated next season?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Here's my list:

Swansea - since they have appointed a rookie manager.
West Brom - They have been very lucky to stay up this year.
Aston Villa - With the uncertainty with ownership I think they could finally go down.
Burnley - Almost certain to go down.

No idea who will come up via the playoffs but they will most likely go down. They can't all go so I'd say Aston Villa still least likely.

Leicester will stay up, Hull, Stoke, West Ham, Palace all have great managers so won't go down.

Comments

• Options
    South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,381
    Forum Member
    Manchester United.
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manchester United.

Only if that genie ever gets round to granting my third wish ;)
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the OP could start a thread saying United are relegation candidates, it would be much appreciated.

It worked wonders for Liverpool.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno precise stats but it feels like that in recent seasons the winners of Championships have not done as well as the other teams that came up with them. Not just regarding relegation, but general performance and moving on thereafter.
    I can definitely envisage the play-off winner doing better than Leicester and Burnley next season (but I don't think it'll be hard or take much more than 30pts to do that).
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't aware 4 teams will be relegated next season.
  • Options
    thegreytistthegreytist Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    How on earth can you even begin to think about who will get relegated when you don't know who any of these teams will sign in the summer, let alone found out who the last team is to get promoted!
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The teams who come up will find it tough. If they get some early points on the board, and learn the Premiership quickly, they could survive.

Teams like Swansea, Villa, West Brom, Sunderland will be scrapping at the end, but normally have enough to get out of it.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my list:

Aston Villa - With the uncertainty with ownership I think they could finally go down.

No idea who will come up via the playoffs but they will most likely go down. They can't all go so I'd say Aston Villa still least likely.

Leicester will stay up, Hull, Stoke, West Ham, Palace all have great managers so won't go down.

People said that about Palace this year.

Haven't there been mumblings about Garry Monk's future too, so Swansea may well have a different manager by the start of next season.

Others have stated the obvious in that it's too early to say but Hull might struggle with the Europa League games next season. If their chairman kicks off over the summer about the name change not going through, that wouldn't be ideal preparation for next season either.

Leicester might overestimate the quality of their current squad and not invest enough/in the right areas.
  • Options
    South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,381
    Forum Member
    oblivian wrote: »

You mean it isn't your first wish? :D
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool
    Man United
    Chelsea
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    Liverpool
    Man United
    Chelsea

Don't you read the OP? There are 4 teams getting relegated next season.

Arsenal is the fourth. They like being fourth. :p
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt west brom will as they have one of the best sqauds outside top 7 all they need is a experienced manager maybe david moyes
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth can you even begin to think about who will get relegated when you don't know who any of these teams will sign in the summer, let alone found out who the last team is to get promoted!

Exactlly, the OP and more stupid nonsense threads.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my list:

people said Palace and Hull were certain to go down this season so you can't say Burnley are almost certain to go down. They have a good manager and might surprise people as they have done this year
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People said that about Palace this year.

Haven't there been mumblings about Garry Monk's future too, so Swansea may well have a different manager by the start of next season.

Others have stated the obvious in that it's too early to say but Hull might struggle with the Europa League games next season. If their chairman kicks off over the summer about the name change not going through, that wouldn't be ideal preparation for next season either.

Leicester might overestimate the quality of their current squad and not invest enough/in the right areas.

No he just got offered a three year deal today.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    oblivian wrote: »

If one of the two wishes you have already asked for involves a massive cock, I think the genie may have misunderstood you...
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With each thread he posts, I think the OP drops I.Q points..
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,144
    Forum Member
    Here's my list:

Why do you say Burnley are 'almost certain' to go down?
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Why do you say Burnley are 'almost certain' to go down?

Given 4 teams are dropping they'll likely be up against it. Horrible new rule

Actually is there 5? OP lists 4 and also says play-off team will most likely go down too!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,144
    Forum Member
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    Given 4 teams are dropping they'll likely be up against it. Horrible new rule

Actually is there 5? OP lists 4 and also says play-off team will most likely go down too!

He also clearly says that they can't all be relegated.
  • Options
    CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    He also clearly says that they can't all be relegated.

Well if I'm being pedantic he still has 4 going down, but obviously I'm only taking the p1ss I'd have thought it was obvious but there ya go
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester, Swansea & West Brom/Play Off winners for me with the usual suspects (Sunderland etc) snapping around their heels
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS the season is barely over and there is the normal bile about who will be relegated at the end of NEXT season. Though that is always the case with the promoted clubs. FFS let the season pan out without the relegation word be spoken til it is MATHEMATICALLY certain. A big club could possibly go down. Look at the venom that was aimed leicesters way when o neill took them up nearly 20 years ago. That they were only there to make up the numbers. Not only did they survive but they actually won silverware that season. The three that are going up this season will now be hungry to prove the doubters wrong and a couple of established clubs could go down. WHICH I WOULD LOVE TO HAPPEN
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot has changed since O'Neill bored the country to death with his brand of football

But I see your point
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Newcastle continue their form for the last few months then they'll be in big trouble next season. Ashley seems to have lost interest in the club, Pardew has lost the plot and the fans are in revolt.