Older women dating younger men - is it seen as less taboo these days?

marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I find older women much more attractive, both in personality and physically. Younger women my age drink a ton of alcohol every weekend, act immature and generally don't look after themselves as much as older, more mature women do.

Okay, so that may be a generalisation of young women from the ages of 18-25, but it's true for a lot of them.

Okay, so I'm mainly trying to get at, are older women, say from age 40-45, more open minded these days to dating younger men or do they feel younger men are too immature?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Given up on the daygaming then Mark?
  • marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a friendship with an attractive older woman before in her 40's, but things were too complicated, which was a shame as she was nice and a good laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Given up on the daygaming then Mark?

I will never give up on it entirely, but at the moment, yes i have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    I find older women much more attractive, both in personality and physically. Younger women my age drink a ton of alcohol every weekend, act immature and generally don't look after themselves as much as older, more mature women do.

Okay, so that may be a generalisation of young women from the ages of 18-25, but it's true for a lot of them.

Okay, so I'm mainly trying to get at, are older women, say from age 40-45, more open minded these days to dating younger men or do they feel younger men are too immature?

So then, are you having much luck?
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex was 14 yrs older than myself, the one before that 9yrs older, when I was 17 I was seeing a girl 8 yrs older. It's never really been a taboo as far as I am concerned. The wife now though is a couple yrs younger. Age doesn't matter to me, if you click you click.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So then, are you having much luck?

Haven't been looking to be honest. I am just interested in people's opinions on it. I don't see many younger guys with older women in day to day life. It has always been older men and young women, and I've been thinking that because divorce rates are higher than ever (apparently) that older women are deciding to date younger.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As a 22 year old male myself, you've hit the nail on the head! I find women in they're 30's and 40's much more interesting and attractive
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To paraphrase Whitesnake, 'Here we go again'!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex was 14 yrs older than myself, the one before that 9yrs older, when I was 17 I was seeing a girl 8 yrs older. It's never really been a taboo as far as I am concerned. The wife now though is a couple yrs younger. Age doesn't matter to me, if you click you click.

Exactly, pal. Also, older women seem to be more in touch with today's young culture and interests than ever before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »

Not at all.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Also, older women seem to be more in touch with today's young culture and interests than ever before.

That sounds like a classic line from the daystalking manual- Chaper 21- 'How to get Kino with a Cougar'. :p
  • Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't been taboo ever since the term "cougar" made it into popular culture. Nothing wrong with being attracted to older women IMO. My first time was with a woman much older than me....she'd have been mortified if she knew I was not quite 16 at the time though :D
  • Marc_DuckworthMarc_Duckworth Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you still approach them in the street?
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle_T wrote: »
    It hasn't been taboo ever since the term "cougar" made it into popular culture.

I don't think it was taboo before that. When I was University I had a thing going with a woman of 41, I was 20.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    That sounds like a classic line from the daystalking manual- Chaper 21- 'How to get Kino with a Cougar'. :p

You know more about the lingo than I do.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »

"...on my own..."
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    "...on my own..."

Fronted by David Loverfail weren't they?
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heh, I thought you were the type who would have a go with anything that moves! But it turns out that its anything twice your age that moves and that's cool, totally fine.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    "...on my own..."

lol beat me to it :cry:
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will add that I would never date someone with a kid as a child of divorced parents

I went on a few dates with a 30 year old recently but it didn't work out sadly. I will probably end up with someone my age as they will have matured by the time I want to settle down
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I can think of nothing more boring and icky than entertaining a younger man.
    So no I prefer someone who has a bit of experience under his belt [pun intended] and can hold a conversation, and broaden my World a little bit.
    Young men tend to just be a bit pretty. And that is all.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    Personally I can think of nothing more boring and icky than entertaining a younger man.
    So no I prefer someone who has a bit of experience under his belt [pun intended] and can hold a conversation, and broaden my World a little bit.
    Young men tend to just be a bit pretty. And that is all.

You don't think Marc would broaden your world?...:o
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As night follows day, yet another dating thread from the daywalker ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TBF Pumps you do have a very mature outlook on life [at least IMO]. You are not exactly a typical young man as far as I can make out.

I would make an exception for you lol